• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SureFire FA762-SS cloning?

Skunk

Amongst the Enemy
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2003
On gun…
All,

Those of us with M40A5’s and/or XM-3’s know this suppressor is rare and expensive. They rarely pop up for sale, and when they do the dildo selling it wants some laughable amount for it. So, is there a workaround?

ECCO machine and BSD Fabrication are doing some awesome stuff by utilizing the SureFire (SF) lock ring taken off a Warden Blast Regulator or other SF suppressor. They’re machining the body of the Warden to interface with other modern suppressors set up for HUB attachments, so that those suppressors may be mounted onto current SF muzzle devices/brakes.

My question is can the lock collar from a Warden can be made to adapt/mount another suppressor to the MB762SSAL/RE muzzle device found on the M40A5?

Anyone been down this road yet?

Screenshot_20240124_202636_Chrome.jpg

I don't believe it would work with the warden without modification to one or the other.
I had a warden and was looking to form one it and do similar to what ECCO is now doing. I am pretty sure when I was researching I found the warden to be a specific brake/attachment point, that is exclusive to a few of the SureFire suppresor line; but excluded a few. I think your brake was on that list.

Dunno, would have to do some more digging to verify 100%

View attachment 8332024

No go.
The warden is a "SOCOM" Series.

Maybe with some modifications from someone like @LRI it could work. ??

Yeah, I’m following what you’re saying. However, if the new fast-attach muzzle device shares the same diameter and tapered shoulder dimensions as the older brakes, it would seem that finding a solution for the added length of the MB762SSAL/RE would make this possible. Essentially, I’d be using just the locking collar from the Warden and adapting it to another suppressor which would go over the old style brake. Obviously, that suppressor would need quite a deep initial chamber to accommodate the length of the MB762SSAL/RE. (Insert “knocking the bottom out” jokes here…)

I’m gonna talk to ECCO and the other place about it. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve had this conversation before.

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
556 trainer. The inside will need to have the taper machined in to mate with the muzzle device. Not sure if it can be done with a warden. BSD did mine and said a 7.62 or 556 trainer would work. I didn't ask about a warden.

I don’t think there are any commercial HUB cans with a blast chamber big enough to fit.

You’ll also need to figure something out for alignment. It’s not necessary for lockup, but you’ll want something for consistency.

Form1 is approved, but haven’t gotten around to finishing it. Still doing some research on baffle stack.

I’m at the mercy of LRI on getting my xm-3 built. I don’t have anything I can put the muzzle device on until then anyway.

556 trainer. The inside will need to have the taper machined in to mate with the muzzle device. Not sure if it can be done with a warden. BSD did mine and said a 7.62 or 556 trainer would work. I didn't ask about a warden.

I don’t think there are any commercial HUB cans with a blast chamber big enough to fit.

You’ll also need to figure something out for alignment. It’s not necessary for lockup, but you’ll want something for consistency.

Why, considering the cost, did you use a 5.56 Trainer as the starting point instead of the Warden? Is there some characteristic of the Trainer that’s needed in order for this idea to work?

Cheapest thing I could find used at the time. I went back and looked at my convo with bsd.
IMG_6200.jpeg

Look at Griffin Armament. They make OTB (Over the barrel) suppressors and muzzle devices that look very similar to the old Surefire muzzle devices used for the XM-3, M40a5 and M40a5. Could be the answer for clones and new builds.

This has been a conundrum for some time. We have some research going on now. Yes, we have the muzzle device, but no suppressor options. Yes, we have the Warden conversions, but that ONLY for the SOCOM series. The FA762-SS requires an over the barrel fit, in addition to the locking device. I do not see why a suppressor cannot be retroftitted to the muzzle device, but things always look easy, and when it gets to a product, there is the question of: is there a viable market.

Hey, if anyone has an FA762-SS that is in need of service or cleaning or Cerakoting, let us know. :cool:

This has been a conundrum for some time. We have some research going on now. Yes, we have the muzzle device, but no suppressor options. Yes, we have the Warden conversions, but that ONLY for the SOCOM series. The FA762-SS requires an over the barrel fit, in addition to the locking device. I do not see why a suppressor cannot be retroftitted to the muzzle device, but things always look easy, and when it gets to a product, there is the question of: is there a viable market.

Hey, if anyone has an FA762-SS that is in need of service or cleaning or Cerakoting, let us know. :cool:
You could count on one sale here.

I honestly cannot believe what these r going for today, think i paid $1200-$1400 back in 2014. Saw one for sale the other day for $5500!!!

Reactions: deltawiskey
I wonder what ppl are actually paying for them. I’d probably go $2k just for the ease of having something to use on my A5, but that would be about it. Principle alone will keep me from paying the asking prices I’m seeing.

Reactions: Stevo86
I honestly cannot believe what these r going for today, think i paid $1200-$1400 back in 2014. Saw one for sale the other day for $5500!!!
Yep... mine was $1300 with a brake, shipped! Wish I'd have bought a dozen of them!!
I've seen several sell for over $4K...
DW

Reactions: Stevo86
It was just finished yesterday. Gotta be transferred to a local dealer and then to me, so it’ll be a little bit before I have it in hand.

17-4 stainless construction. Beefy, but reasonably priced and with the 1.375-24 thread on the rear end, versatile.

That’s a good question. This was a custom job and I don’t know if a blueprint was generated for multiple copies.

Is there an alignment pin in the front end of the adapter? Curious why it extends all the way to the end of the MD

Reactions: Skunk
Is there an alignment pin in the front end of the adapter? Curious why it extends all the way to the end of the MD
Yes, there is an alignment pin. I’m not sure how it is setup/fixed in there. Hopefully I can get my hands on this thing in the next week and get some more details.