• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Surefire MB556k Muzzle Break Misaligned

HotAirBaloonInstructor

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 22, 2012
Deja Vu
I finally finished my first AR15 build from a stripped receiver set. I have one problem, I have a barrel from Lothar Walther/Spikes and I'm trying to install the MB556K from Surefire. I've tried 1000 different configurations of washer/spacer to get the thing aligned to the 12oclock of my rifle but i just cant get it 100%. It's in the right spot but I can crank on it a bit and then it's misaligned.

I'm wondering if I should either 1.) try some more, 2.) say fuck it and put the rocksett on and call it a day, or 3.) really say fuck it and get a different muzzle device. I've used the MB556K before and it was great but that one was pinned and welded by BCM.

Anyway, I'll throw up a pic or two to give you an idea. Help!

If it were me I would get the comp within 30 degrees off from top-dead-center and start filing a little off of the bottom of the comp. I had to do this with my PWS to get it lined up correctly...

I have several SF MB's and it takes a while to get it right but no filing is needed. finger tight it should stop turning with the bottom channel at about 4-5 o'clock. then you use a wrench to crank it down to the 6 o'clock position where it belongs. DO NOT leave it crooked. it should have come with a chart you slide over the barrel. you first go finger tight with no spacers and then it tells you which ones to use based on position. if you dont have it try to google a picture it for 1/2-28.
if you go with the new muzzle break option pm me so i can buy this one from you!

Surefire chart for 28 tpi

Attachments

• Surefire Chart 28 tpi.pdf
    116.2 KB · Views: 18
Forget the chart; it has driven many a person to madness! Find the right combo for finger tight at about 5 o'clock, and tighten to 6 as stated above.