• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surefire suppressor adapter compatibility

corrigidor

Private
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2005
Alexandria, Va
Can I use a Surefire 762SS .308 can on a 556 Surefire suppressor adapter? I don't want to have to turn the barrel down to accept a .308 adapter and use the 308 can on an SPR.

Core

Re: Surefire suppressor adapter compatibility

Not the ones I have. They do not seem to seat correctly. But they do have flash hiders and muzzle breaks for each caliber. I am running the breaks, not flash hiders.

Can't use a 7.62 can on a 5.56 adapter. Why don't you just put on a 7.62 adapter on your ...?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do they make a 7.62 adapter with 1/2-28 threads? </div></div>
Not according to their website.

Then it's suboptimal to suggest using a 7.62 brake on his 5.56, since that would require getting non-standard threads on his barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then it's suboptimal to suggest using a 7.62 brake on his 5.56, since that would require getting non-standard threads on his barrel. </div></div>
Then what do you suggest for using a 7.62 suppressor on both guns? I am all ears!

So you are suggesting an adapter under/behind the Surefire adapter?