• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgeon Action

Have you ever had one of the pull ropes snap off inside the spring loaded hub of a chainsaw, mower or weedeater while you were trying to crank it in vain?....... That best describes my pull with Surgeon currently.

I gave up on trying to get a dozen of the XLs from them a year ago after trying for 12-18 months leading up to it.

I don't know anyone there anymore and that is prolly a good thing.....

Yea I started last June so its been a year already , so I guess I should move on and cancel my order again. Its a shame because no other action has the size and threads for the 338 lapua that the 1581XL has. And if you can't get one there is no chance in hell I'll be able to get one. You should call up haas and buy a machine and then sell Terry Cross 1581XL II .

Reactions: Steel head
This was the last email 3 months ago:

"Thank you for re-ordering the 1581 action with us. I wanted to let you know that there is about a 3 to 4 week wait time right now, as they are finishing the testing on the re-programed action. As soon as I can, I will get one shipped to you."

Yea I started last June so its been a year already , so I guess I should move on and cancel my order again. Its a shame because no other action has the size and threads for the 338 lapua that the 1581XL has. And if you can't get one there is no chance in hell I'll be able to get one. You should call up haas and buy a machine and then sell Terry Cross 1581XL II .

You may want to hang on a bit longer still. I have heard that they have finally starting shipping 591s and are trying to get things moving. Perhaps the 1581 is still in motion. I was not in a position to wait due to deadlines on rifle deliveries but you may leave it in place for a bit yet to see.

Worst case scenario is that they call you to ship the action and you already started an alternative rifle project. I am sure you could immediately sell the new 1581 for at least what you would have in it.

NOTE: Me building an action would be like a monkey putting together an F-22 so that is a no-go.

./

Reactions: candyx
This is so awesome I’m proud to finally finish up my surgeon