• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Swampworks 80gr JLK

223ai

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2006
Texas
Does anyone have any feedback on this particular bullet vs. the 80gr Bergers? Swampworks shows a BC of .510 vs. Bergers .445 (G1), but I can't find any independent data to back up that Swampy BC claim.

I'd be shooting this out of my 8 twist 223ai.

Re: Swampworks 80gr JLK

I'm interested as well.

Looking at the specs of the two, the JLK has a longer boat tail and (if I understand the data) longer nose with a slightly tighter meplat... Those same parameters apply to the 180 .308 LBT which I know by my own testing to have a higher BC than the 190 Berger. So in my mind it too should be a higher BC than the Berger, but by how much. That is the question...
whistle.gif

Just sent him a email to see when he would be making them next.

Re: Swampworks 80gr JLK

As did I. He's making a run this month, and I ordered 2500 of them. If that .510 BC is correct, then I'll be pretty happy. If not, I'm sure I'll be pretty happy too!