• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

20-223 ackley "20 sploder" 55g data?

Thejeff1987

Private
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2018
I've been playing with the 20 caliber cartridges for about 2 years now. For the life of me I can't find much data on heavy bullets for the
20-223ai. I have a pile of 55g bergers, and a barrel throated for them. Fireforming brass I shoot 40g or 39g using 20tac data and it shoots incredible.
I'd love to see what data is being used out there for the 55g bergers, either in this cartridge or some comparable case capacity like the 204 ruger.

I've gone through all the threads good can provide, tons of data for 40s and under. But almost zero on heavies.
Thank you all in advance

Wouldn't a 55gr in a 20-223 defeat the purpose of necking down to a .20 cal? What little BC gain you get, you trade for what I think would be quite a bit of velocity?
I have the best luck with benchmark or N133 in a regular 20 practical with 40's.

With what little load data I've tracked down and working extremely safely up, those 55 won't be a problem to get well over 3400 if not 3500.... just trying to reach out to others that have played with it.
Already have a 20P and 204 for the lighter stuff.

This is more just an experiment/varmint gun. Shoots 1/4" groups with 40g vmax at over 4K... just looking for some data of guys that have loaded for it. Pretty sure varget and that range of powders is the ticket, r17 and 4350 have been mentioned too. Looking for some real life loaded data