• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swept Handle Actions

DocRDS

Head Maffs Monkey
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
The Great Beyond
Are there any other custom actions (R700 fp) beside the Origin that have a swept bolt handle?

Doing analysis paralysis and wanted integral recoil lug + swept handle

Badger M2013, GAP Tempest, Mac Bros Evo (at least the first gen did), JJ Rock Co (not sure if these are still in production), are some that come to mind.

Are there any other custom actions (R700 fp) beside the Origin that have a swept bolt handle?

Doing analysis paralysis and wanted integral recoil lug + swept handle

I have integral and not integral, but pinned.
Might just be my simple man’s brain and makes no dang difference to me.

Get the one swept handle action that has loads of pre-fit options (Origin)
And you can run .378 BF, .473 BF, and .540 BF for a total expense of $1150 for action and extra bolt heads.
For a tad more, grab a HLR lug and be able to run TL3 barrels too!!

Or be gayer than aids and get a defiance.

curious what difference it makes to you swept vs straight? I've never noticed a difference but I'm not that picky

curious what difference it makes to you swept vs straight? I've never noticed a difference but I'm not that picky
Was trying to keep all my rifles similar. Rem and Howa have swept handle. The AI has a "swept like" handle.

OTOH buying a defiance...I shoot 6.5 Manbun but I ain't that gay (@powdahound76 is right, no reason for a defiance when everyone else is a couple hundred less). Just curious if there were options out there--it was a "nice to have option" I was thinking about.

Reactions: Taylorbok
Man I have a few straight and swept actions and it makes zero difference in feeling while running the bolt.

Reactions: Taylorbok
Realistically you can sweep any of them as others have said. A little heat and persuasion goes a long way.

This is the CDG that @JaredCO did:
IMG_9424.png

Badger and Tempest were the OG swept ball handle 700 actions and very similar in feel to AI. They never really got super popular and are somewhat hard to find anymore, but they were/are both solid actions.

Tikka w/ Sterk handle is pretty close for a factory option. Probably one of the most popular options at this point other than AI.

I don’t really consider the Origin, Remington, Howa “sweep” the same as the above swept handles. They have a notably different feel anyway.

Reactions: DocRDS
Wait a sec.... you're pigeon holing yourself in a sea of custom actions down to 1.5 actions just to match it to a Howa? Easy answer, get rid of the pigs with lipstick on and go all custom.
Reading fail

Howa is one of several.

Including the AI. So yeah I'd like another custom action that has an AI style bolt handle.

I did not realize you could sweep a straight handle. That fixes things.