• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA 3-15 for mostly hunting rig?

MAG00

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2012
NE Texas
Would you buy the SWFA 3-15 scope for a rifle that will mostly be used for hunting and some fun/target shooting? I've seen some people comment on not wanting scopes that don't have locking turrets or caps on their hunting rigs. What say you?

I have a buddy that is running the SS 3-15 on his Savage .308 which he uses for deer hunting & range use. I run a SS 5-20 on mine which is used for deer hunting, range use, & banging steel at longer ranges.

Personally have never had a problem with the turrets moving unless I want them too. I wouldn't let the lack of locks or caps make your decision, but that's just me. The turrets are firm enough that it just really isn't an issue.

Get on that SS 3-15 before midnight tonight, using this code - 20SS315 to save 20% off which brings the cost down to $559.96

I suppose it is personal preference, but I don't care for a FFP for hunting unless it has an illuminated reticle. When there is a deer 25-50 yards away, in thick brush, right at dark it is sometimes hard to see the reticle with them dialed down. Then again I prefer illum. even in SFP. The SS 3-15 is a great optic for the money though.

I have one on my rig. The knobs do turn when stuffed into a rifle scabbard. Just check 'em out when you yank it and all's good. No movement when hunting.