• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA GTG?

Ranger Back

Private
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2012
I recently purchased a Savage 10 PC, and am looking at topping it off with a SWFA 6x42 or a 10x42.

I would like to hear from anyone that owns, or has owned one of these scopes for their input.

From what I can find, SWFA rules in the fixed area (at a 300.00 price point), but if I am wrong, please let me know what else I should be looking at.

Thanks!

Re: SWFA GTG?

I've had a SWFA ss 10x for years, hasnt let me down yet. I think its good for the price point especially the new MILL MILL model with mil quad reticle..

I just got a 10x mrad earlier this week. I haven't been to the range with it yet, but it seems like a nice piece for the money. SWFA has awesome customer service too. Good people.

You will not be sorry buying an SS. They are rock solid, track well, and have relatively good glass at that price point. Fixed 10/12 is perfect.

I too recently purchased a savage 10pc in .223. I decided to top it off with a swfa ss10x42 in mil/mil. My impressions so far is that it is well made, tracking has been spot on and the glass is decent for the money. I have shot to 300 yards so far and 10x works well for all distances to this point. If shooting further, I would probably want the 12x. For a hunting rig, the fixed 10x would not work for me. Fortunately I have other guns for hunting applications. I have the egw 20moa rail and burris exttreme low rings. If I can figure out how to post a pic, I will.

I love my 12x mil/quad. Built tough and pretty nice reticule. Turrets have positive feedback through feel and sound, you know, the way they should be. Just a solid tool all the way around that just works.

SWFA SS is THE BEST bang for the buck. I run USO scopes on all my rifles, and SWFA SS 16X is my choice in backup/loaner scopes.

I'm curious about your original post, what applications are you going to be using the rifle for? 6X is a pretty limited power for most boltgun stuff....unless you've been buying the BS touted online everywhere that 1x per 100yds is all you need.

Thanks for the replies! I have since upped my cost ceiling a little bit, after all the reviews I have read on the HD series, and the variable's.

I am now contemplating a 10x HD, or the 3x9.

sobrbiker883 - I originally was thinking a 6x, because I was only looking at a fixed, and wasn't sure if a 10x would be too much if I were to hunt with it.

From what I gather, the SWFA's are definitely rugged, and worth the coin!

I am under the impression that the fixed HD 10x's glass is superior to the 3x9's...please, correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to reply to my post.

SWFA scopes are very well built with high dollar features at very reasonable prices. You can't go wrong with a SWFA fixed power scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BW88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWFA scopes are very well built with high dollar features at very reasonable prices. You can't go wrong with a SWFA fixed power scope. </div></div>

Yea, from what I've read, that seems to be the consensus. I'm hoping, 'if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is', doesn't apply with SWFA.

have a 12x and the things is pretty nice. Compared it to my Bushnell elite 3200 10x and they arent even close

I recently put a 10x SS mil/mil on my new remy 700 and its great. Fast shipping and great CS. GTG

Just when I thought I was ready to 'pull the trigger', after telling a friend of mine about my next purchase, he told me he would sell me a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 4.5-14x50mm (30mm) M1...for 600 plus a 22 pistol I have.

Would I be better off with the SWFA, or should I pursue this?

Now I'm confused!

Thanks

Any opinions on whether or not I should go with a Mark 4 Leupold over the SWFA 3x9? I really like what I have read about the SWFA's, but if the glass is better in the Leupold, I will probably go that route.

Any opinions on this?

Thanks

If you don't need side focus go SS 3-9x42. The glass is as good or better in mine.

Based on the comments, and some reviews by someone I recently found (TiborasaurusRex), I will definitely be purchasing a SWFA!

Thanks all, for your replies.