• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SWR specwar users?

lapua31

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2005
Wa.
Anyone running a specwar 7.62 on a bolt gun? Was hoping to get some info on poi shift and overall impressions. I plan on running it on a .300 blackout and my 6.5 cm bolt. Thanks for any info.

I am also interested in the specwar 7.62. The mounting system looks rock solid and simple but I'm still Leary of a QD can on a long range gun.

Lapua31,

I do not have information for you yet but as soon as time and weather permit I will be testing an SWR SpecWar 7.62 for POI shift on an AI AW with an 18" .308 Bartlein barrel. I will also test a Surefire 7.62 Socom RC and a Thunder Beast Arms 30P-1 for comparison sake.

Initial reports have been very favorable on POI shift. I can't wait to test them.

Darin

I ran the Specwar 762 back in June nextto a SF RC. The Specwar had very limited POI shift, and was much softer and quieter than the RC. I havent ranran I next to a TBAC, but I have ran the TBAC. Both excellent cans, and the too 2 contenders in my book. I should have my specwar in my hands within the month.

I have about 2000 rounds through one in various calibers. That damn thing is gonna upset a lot of big names if people decide to give it a chance. Solid mount, very quiet, minimal shift.....$720 and comes with your choice of flash hider or brake included!

The suppressor in questions owner runs his on 5 different rifles..damn things a work horse..only reason I haven't purchased ones is the length...9" is too long for what I'd use it for

Last edited:
It's a great can to run primarily on bolt guns, and occasionally on carbines. It freaking rocks at what it's designed to do, but short and light aren't it.

Well Ive been running mine for about 2 weeks now. Shot around 200rds through it to check accuracy and repeatability. Looks good so far. Impact shift for me is .5 mil low and is 100% repeatable. I was running an AAC 762SD before and the Specwar is everybit as quite( maybe even 1-2 db less) and same length. I am waiting on the brake mount but the Trifecta seems to work just fine(just more recoil when can is off)

I have found that the mount is very solid but it can back off if you dont watch it causing the grouping to open slightly. No baffle strikes but just enough wiggle to change the harmonics. Snug it back on tight and shoots to POA. I have also found when you close and open the lock several times the teeth will work into the groves better making the lockup more solid and decrease the chance of it backing off. On anything else other than a precision rifle this will never even be noticed.

Now that being said, it only backed off on me once after a long string of shooting and grouping changed from .5 moa to .75 moa. Not a deal breaker for me at this point since I noticed the same with the 762SD( the AAC opened up to 1.5MOA when backed off to next tooth) I just make sure it is installed nice a tight before shooting.

This is something that will always be present with a non compression mount. I am waiting on the 762 Saker or I might try a direct thread for my precision rifle. For a do-all can I cannt beat the versalility of the SpecWar. I have a 300BLK and a 300WSM I plan on using with this can also so over all I am very happy with preformace and funtion.

Last edited:
Update on Specwar 7.62. Just got in the new brake mount. WOW! shooting without can is a dream. Accuracy increased by half, yes 50% reduction, in groups. Shooting .25 MOA all day from prone with and without suppressor. POI change also decreased by about half as much too. .1 mil down and .2 mil right with can attached. 100% repeatable. Now that I have figured out the trick to mounting the can on my precision rifle it has not backed off once. Shooting it on the 9" 300BLK is insane with subsonic. I know that this can may weight a little more than some of the Ti cans but the accuracy and durability can't be touched by a Ti.

The specwar is the quietest 7.62 suppressor on the market that I have seen reviews on. Buddy has one on his savage fcpk and loves it, hopefully should have mine in two more months.

Pretty nice review here from the silencershop

7.62mm QD Suppressor Shootout - YouTube

There are some others utilizing bolt guns.

Anyone running a specwar 7.62 on a bolt gun? Was hoping to get some info on poi shift and overall impressions. I plan on running it on a .300 blackout and my 6.5 cm bolt. Thanks for any info.

I run one on my 260 Rem. Rifle was built by GAP. The can and rifle combo are really nice. I am really liking this suppressor.
QD system locks ups tight and there is not much at all POI shift. I will need to measure it more scientifically when I can, but from eyeballing it, was minimal.
To my ears, it is one of the most quiet suppressors I have shot. I give it two thumbs up on rating!

Seems like everyone who has shot them loves them. I couldn't resist and ordered one a couple months back, I really hope they release a mini/short specwar at SHOT.

I ran the Specwar 762 back in June nextto a SF RC. The Specwar had very limited POI shift, and was much softer and quieter than the RC. I havent ranran I next to a TBAC, but I have ran the TBAC. Both excellent cans, and the too 2 contenders in my book. I should have my specwar in my hands within the month.

Any numbers on the Specwar 762? Im about to pull the trigger on one...just looking for the final "yeah, this is bad$$" review.
Mine will live mostly on a 16" Recce-ish build. I'm waiting on a 30BA that was originally going to swap back and forth between bolt .308 and the AR, but i've got the itch to get another can. Was looking at a dedicated 556 can but the Specwar 762 seems like the way to go.
IF anyone have pics of the Specwar 762 on an AR type, I'd love to see 'em.

Any numbers on the Specwar 762? Im about to pull the trigger on one...just looking for the final "yeah, this is bad$$" review.
Mine will live mostly on a 16" Recce-ish build. I'm waiting on a 30BA that was originally going to swap back and forth between bolt .308 and the AR, but i've got the itch to get another can. Was looking at a dedicated 556 can but the Specwar 762 seems like the way to go.
IF anyone have pics of the Specwar 762 on an AR type, I'd love to see 'em.

No numbers on it, but I received it within a week or so of my original post. Ive since ran mine next to my SDN6 and a 762SD. It was definitely quieter than my SDN6, and a little bit quieter than the 762SD. I have been very happy with it so far, and have approx 300 rounds through it. I need more time to shoot lately. The shift was very minimal, and lock up was tight. I was able to back it off once with my hand, by cranking hard on it while locked. I have tried to repeat it, but have proven unsuccessful. I am very happy with it.

Glad to hear such good feedback. I'm going to purchase one for my 14.5" P308 this week.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

No numbers on it, but I received it within a week or so of my original post. Ive since ran mine next to my SDN6 and a 762SD. It was definitely quieter than my SDN6, and a little bit quieter than the 762SD. I have been very happy with it so far, and have approx 300 rounds through it. I need more time to shoot lately. The shift was very minimal, and lock up was tight. I was able to back it off once with my hand, by cranking hard on it while locked. I have tried to repeat it, but have proven unsuccessful. I am very happy with it.

Good to hear. I hope to order soon.

Glad to hear such good feedback. I'm going to purchase one for my 14.5" P308 this week.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

If you're 14.5 POF has a permanently attached brake to make it a 16 inch barrel and that's removed it will have be registered as an SBR unless the SWR brake can be permanently attached to make a 16 inch barrel. Worth checking on the length of the SWR brake if you're planning on doing this.

If you're 14.5 POF has a permanently attached brake to make it a 16 inch barrel and that's removed it will have be registered as an SBR unless the SWR brake can be permanently attached to make a 16 inch barrel. Worth checking on the length of the SWR brake if you're planning on doing this.

Thanks for the warning. I did speak to POF about this already and they told me I could simply take the gun to a local smith, have the existing pin and brake removed and the new SWR brake pinned or send it directly to them to do. They said they deal with AAC and Surefire but have not experience with SWR. I admit, I have not checked the length of the SWR brake but plan to confirm before purchasing otherwise I will have to go with a different silencer.