• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes T5XI vs Vudu 5-25

FX44AU

Private
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2017
I'm about to pick up one of these two scopes. I can get either of them for about $1450 new but my question is which one would you choose and why? The Eotech hasn't been out very long and I've seen the couple issues that other members had in the Vudu thread which is the only thing that concerns me. I do like the short body. The Steiner seems like a solid optic other than some saying the CA is a bit much.

Rifle: Aero Precision 6.5 Creedmoor with 20" Ballistic Advantage barrel
Intended use: Steel out to 1000 and some hunting

Other optics I've had experience with include Vortex PST, Leupold VX-6HD, Zeiss Victory Diavari T*, Leupold VX-R Patrol, Burris XTR II, Swarovski Z6 and a few others. Never been behind a Razor Gen 2 but I'm wondering how the two I'm looking at compare optically.

Honestly either is fine with me. MD3 on the Eotech or the SCR MIL on the Steiner.

Warranty is better on the Steiner. Also, check with Doug at Cameraland to see if he has any Steiner demos in stock. That's where I got mine. I'm very happy with the scope so far.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
Personally, I’d only pick the Vudu if size is important to you, which it was for me. I think the T5Xi is as good or better than the Vudu in every other category. I replaced a 3-15 T5Xi with the Vudu, so I don’t have experience with the 5-25 version, but I loved my T5Xi, and would say it’s by far my favorite mid range optic I’ve ever used over Bushnells, Vortexs, USOs and a few others. I only replaced it because I prefer higher mag and center dot reticles, and the Vudu weighed the same and was shorter than the T5Xi.

Personally, I’d only pick the Vudu if size is important to you, which it was for me. I think the T5Xi is as good or better than the Vudu in every other category. I replaced a 3-15 T5Xi with the Vudu, so I don’t have experience with the 5-25 version, but I loved my T5Xi, and would say it’s by far my favorite mid range optic I’ve ever used over Bushnells, Vortexs, USOs and a few others. I only replaced it because I prefer higher mag and center dot reticles, and the Vudu weighed the same and was shorter than the T5Xi.

That's the kind of info I'm looking for. Thanks for the reply!

I've nearly decided to stay with the 3-15 if go with a T5XI only because of the length of the 5-25. Size is important to me and I like the fact that I can get high magnification in such a short package. In your opinion (and I know it's very subjective) how does the optics of the Vudu compare to the T5XI? I know glass isn't everything but if I'm spending decent money I'd at least like to see decent glass and not something of lower quality. I see quite a bit of talk of CA in Burris/Steiner optics and I know the case is true for XTR IIs. I had a 4-20 XTR II; wasn't bad but at the same time left me wanting more so to speak.

I was one of the people that had to send back my Vudu for warranty. It just got delivered today, but I won’t be home until Friday, so I haven’t seen it yet and can’t speak to the image quality of the Vudu. I will say that before I started shooting it and the problems developed, the image quality of the glass seemed good, but not great, which is what pretty much everyone else has said about it that I’ve heard. I would give a small edge to the T5Xi with my limited experience with the Vudu. I would definitely say my T5Xi showed some CA, but I can only remember it bothering me once, and I was dealing with extreme mirage that day anyway, which was annoying me to begin with. I never felt like the image quality was lacking in it, but the jump from the 15x to the 25x could change that, I don’t know. If I gave the T5Xi glass a 7.5/10, I think the Vudu is around a 7.0-7.2/10, but that might change when I actually get time behind my Vudu now that it is back.

Thanks.

Ended up going with the Vudu 5-25 with MD3 reticle...... looking forward to putting in some time behind it.