• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Delta 51 (Updated January 2013-Delivered)

brinkhdlow

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2011
Wyoming, USA
Hey,

I just ordered a Tac Ops Delta 51. I am super pump for it to makes its way to my little hands(ONLY 9 months to a year, Only). Do any of you have a Tac Ops rifle? Feel free to share pictures.

Re: Tac Ops Delta 51

You'll love the Delta. I have a Delta 55 and it's an awesome rifle.

IMG_0017-1.jpg

Reactions: DJL2

I got an Echo 51 and love everything about it. Congratulations, now buy a very good scope and get a lot of ammo together.

You wont have any excuses when you shoot a bad group .

Love my Tango 51! Just mounted my 4-16x42 S&B PMII on it, just got the scope today. Waiting for my form 4 to clear so I can pick up my Tac Ops can that's sitting in my dealers safe, seems like forever! You'll love your "baby" when you get, trust me. It's an amazing feeling when you start shooting at your own bullet holes and smoking them, and like jpspeeddemon says "you won't have any excuses when you shoot a bad group".

Now I just need to figure out a way to get a 300 win mag Tac Ops....Tango needs a big brother!

This would work:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2631197&page=1

We're not to bash on new members, but here goes:
I hate you.

wink.gif

It might shoot okay...if you're into that sort of thing.

Can I come by your house in 9-12 months?

Please forgive me as my jealousy precedes me. Welcome to this kick ass forum!

Hey Shooter,

I know the Delta 51 is the .308 and I beleive the 66 is the 300 Win Mag. What is the 55?

jpspeeddemon,
I got the scope thing covered, using a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X50 with the zero stop and high speed turrets. So your right, I won’t have any excuses why I shooting bad!

Hey Juniors,
Boy, you not kidding about that Kilo 66 that Mike built for that Seal Team. That is one sexy mofo.

Wait till you see your Delta in person, you'll think the same thing about yours.....on sexy MOFO. One thing looking at them in pictures but when you see and handle them in person - WOW!

the novelty wears off after you shoot it and you'll start hatching a plan to somehow buy another Tac Ops model.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brinkhdlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Shooter,

I know the Delta 51 is the .308 and I beleive the 66 is the 300 Win Mag. What is the 55? </div></div>

The Delta 55 is a 6.5x55.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brinkhdlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Shooter,

I know the Delta 51 is the .308 and I beleive the 66 is the 300 Win Mag. What is the 55? </div></div>

The Delta 55 is a 6.5x55.
</div></div>

Hey Shooter,

How far have you pushed out to with the 6.5 X 55 and what kind of grouping? I hear that the 6.5 X 55 is a tack driving SOB at long range and with it being in that Delta frame that Mike made, well it just gives me goosebumps to think of what its capable of.

It shoots one holes a 100. I have gotten a .25" ( note; not .25 MOA, but 5 shots in a quarter inch and I only tried once, at 500. I stop shooting groups, it's boring. It's a lot more fun to shoot at steal at a distance. Been out to 1000 yards with it. It is ridiculously accurate. The big down side is there aren't any DBM for 6.5x55, so I have a 7mm08 that I will be using for comps after a few classes. BTW if you want to know how much a Delta weighs, it should be around 16 lbs without a scope.

Cool man,
Thanks for the heads up on the weight. Sounds like you got a sweet deal going on with that 6.5X55. Once it get her in I will post up some pic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brinkhdlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey,

I just ordered a Tac Ops Delta 51. I am super pump for it to makes its way to my little hands(ONLY 9 months to a year, Only). Do any of you have a Tac Ops rifle? Feel free to share pictures. </div></div>
Congrats on ordering your Delta 51 <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">brinkhdlow</span></span>. It may only be 9 months to a year, but the closer you get to the projected completion date the slower the time will seem to pass - I know from personal experience. No worries though, as once you get your Tac Ops in-hand and shoot it those many months of waiting are quickly forgotten. Right now I'm waiting in agony while my X-Ray 51 is being re-fitted into an A5 with the KMW "Loggerhead" and Tac Ops Bottom Metal. I originally ordered my X-Ray 51 with a Saddle Cheekpiece, but when the stock came in I surrendered it to Mike for a LEO's build and took the non-adjustable cheekpiece A5 that said LEO had ordered.

While I don't regret helping out the LEO and my X-Ray is an absolute tack-driver, I've always regretted not having an adjustable cheekpiece. I can't wait to get my "new" X-Ray 51 back from Tac Ops, although its' still going to be a while since all the metal is going to Birdsong after the stock is re-worked and bedded. For now, below are some glamour shots of my X-Ray 51 in the non-adjustable cheeekpiece stock with the Williams Bottom Metal. I don't shoot photos at the range or shoots since I'm too busy shooting and spotting. For more photos including some great close-ups, see my <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"> My Tac Ops X-Ray 51 is here!!!</span></span> thread.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">X-Ray 51 with PMII 5-25X 0.1 MIL Gen 2 XR CCW, Mark 4 Rings, & Tac Ops 40 MOA Two Piece Base over 22" Tac Ops HC barrel:</span></span>
X-Ray51CBwODRingsRS45Angle8x6.jpg

X-Ray51CBwODRingsRSProfileFF8x6.jpg

X-Ray51CBwODRingsLSProfileFF8x6.jpg

Keith

Reactions: DJL2

Nice rifles! I have talked to Mike on the phone a couple of times, really a standup guy. I sure would love to own one of his rifles.

All I have been able to do is sit on the sidelines and watch all the action with these tacops. Little less than two months and I'm getting in the game. So I've been told. Worst wait of my life. Got a real nice Tacops 30 thats dying to be used. Mike did thread my buddies 300 win mag which has eased the pain some. Man can Oct get here fast enough!!

As always, beautiful Tango, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Juniors</span></span>. All you need is a Tac Ops .30 Titanium suppressor. In addition to having an extremely low sound signature, Tac Ops suppressors are working pieces of art designed and executed with amazing attention-to-detail and craftsmanship. Smooth, rounded surfaces and with chamfers all around, Tac Ops suppressors casings are completely seamless.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">A pair of Tac Ops TAC .30 Titanium suppressors ready to play:</span></span>
TACOPS30TITANIUMNOSNPair8x6.jpg

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brinkhdlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey,

I just ordered a Tac Ops Delta 51. I am super pump for it to makes its way to my little hands(ONLY 9 months to a year, Only). Do any of you have a Tac Ops rifle? Feel free to share pictures. </div></div>
Congrats on ordering your Delta 51 <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">brinkhdlow</span></span>. It may only be 9 months to a year, but the closer you get to the projected completion date the slower the time will seem to pass - I know from personal experience. No worries though, as once you get your Tac Ops in-hand and shoot it those many months of waiting are quickly forgotten. Right now I'm waiting in agony while my X-Ray 51 is being re-fitted into an A5 with the KMW "Loggerhead" and Tac Ops Bottom Metal. I originally ordered my X-Ray 51 with a Saddle Cheekpiece, but when the stock came in I surrendered it to Mike for a LEO's build and took the non-adjustable cheekpiece A5 that said LEO had ordered.

While I don't regret helping out the LEO and my X-Ray is an absolute tack-driver, I've always regretted not having an adjustable cheekpiece. I can't wait to get my "new" X-Ray 51 back from Tac Ops, although its' still going to be a while since all the metal is going to Birdsong after the stock is re-worked and bedded. For now, below are some glamour shots of my X-Ray 51 in the non-adjustable cheeekpiece stock with the Williams Bottom Metal. I don't shoot photos at the range or shoots since I'm too busy shooting and spotting. For more photos including some great close-ups, see my <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"> My Tac Ops X-Ray 51 is here!!!</span></span> thread.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">X-Ray 51 with PMII 5-25X 0.1 MIL Gen 2 XR CCW, Mark 4 Rings, & Tac Ops 40 MOA Two Piece Base over 22" Tac Ops HC barrel:</span></span>
X-Ray51CBwODRingsRS45Angle8x6.jpg

X-Ray51CBwODRingsRSProfileFF8x6.jpg

X-Ray51CBwODRingsLSProfileFF8x6.jpg

Keith </div></div>

Great looking piece Keith! I am pretty sure my wife is already sick of listening to me by now. She only has 20 day and 8 month to a year of listing to me. Mike was the one who pushed me to get the A3 with the adjustable stock. I’m glad he did because I am sure I would have ended up in your position eventually. I order my stock with the forward mounts as well to mount an IR light/laser and PVS24. It is going to be sick! Can’t Wait! Oh ya, also, what is the difference in the bottom metal?
Murel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juniors</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got the scope mounted (mentioned in my post above), ready to rock again.....

1zx8thz.jpg

dwpapt.jpg
</div></div>

Hell ya Brother, Looken good. How you like the S&B Scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Balataspin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I have been able to do is sit on the sidelines and watch all the action with these tacops. Little less than two months and I'm getting in the game. So I've been told. Worst wait of my life. Got a real nice Tacops 30 thats dying to be used. Mike did thread my buddies 300 win mag which has eased the pain some. Man can Oct get here fast enough!! </div></div>

LOL, I hear ya man. The waiting sucks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redroan4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifles! I have talked to Mike on the phone a couple of times, really a standup guy. I sure would love to own one of his rifles. </div></div>

Hell ya he is! Mike has got to be one of the coolest dudes and he is a smart SOB. I called him sometime back in at the beginning of June just to ask him questions. About 45 min later, I quickly realized that I was going to be in divorce court with my wife once she found out I was going to be ordering one.

Brinkhdlow - in regards to your S & B scope question:

Great scope, like it alot. Clearest glass you can look through, like the feel and adjustment of it as well. Expensive, but seems you definitely get what you pay for.

I Do want to save up, or trade up, to a 5-25 like Aries64 - but am thinking that would go on the 300 (Kilo 66) when I get the coin to call Mike.
grin.gif

I do have a couple other S & B's, and they are all great and I highly recommend them. I can not comment on which reticle is best, as I only have the P4F, illuminated and the standard P3 mildot. The mildot is nice for my hunting guns and general use but I do prefer the P4F for more precise shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juniors</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brinkhdlow - in regards to your S & B scope question:

Great scope, like it alot. Clearest glass you can look through, like the feel and adjustment of it as well. Expensive, but seems you definitely get what you pay for.

I Do want to save up, or trade up, to a 5-25 like Aries64 - but am thinking that would go on the 300 (Kilo 66) when I get the coin to call Mike.
grin.gif

I do have a couple other S & B's, and they are all great and I highly recommend them. I can not comment on which reticle is best, as I only have the P4F, illuminated and the standard P3 mildot. The mildot is nice for my hunting guns and general use but I do prefer the P4F for more precise shooting. </div></div>

Cool Juniors,
I am running a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X50 on a Remington 40-X. I love the $h8 out of it. The thing is like a tank. The glass is really crisp too. I have not compared a S&B next to a Nightforce as far as the glass goes, but I am thinking the S&B probably has a slight edge, just guessing. Couple of thing with the Nightforce that I love is it the Zero Stop and the High Speed turrets. One Other thing I found helpful was the reticle I got with it. I got the NP-R1, which is similar to a Mil-Dot, but way easier and faster to range with. I went to a school in Utah and was using that reticle and I was having a lot easier time “milling” targets with that NP-R1 then the guys with the Mil-Dots.
Murel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brinkhdlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking piece Keith! I am pretty sure my wife is already sick of listening to me by now. She only has 20 day and 8 month to a year of listing to me.</div></div>
Thanks for the complement, Murel. It might be a good idea to minimize talk of your upcoming Delta 51 around the wife. The more she hears about it the more she might want an equitable toy for herself. If you're lucky she might just confiscate your Delta 51 and you'll have to order another one. But if she isn't into guns we're talking clothes, diamonds, cars, ect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brinkhdlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike was the one who pushed me to get the A3 with the adjustable stock. I’m glad he did because I am sure I would have ended up in your position eventually. I order my stock with the forward mounts as well to mount an IR light/laser and PVS24. It is going to be sick! Can’t Wait!</div></div>
Excellent decision to get your Delta 51 with an adjustable cheekpiece. I have really high cheekbones, and coupled with the PMII 5-25X, Mark 4 Highs', and 40 MOA Base I have to use a little foam under my Tac Ops Stock Pack to get my eye the correct height behind the reticle. It works, but I'll be able to line up faster and easier with the adjustable cheekpiece.

I haven't shot any photos of any of the Tac Ops rifles I've seen set-up for NV gear. They've mostly been Delta 51, X-Ray 51, and Echo 51 rifles'. They are pretty sweet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brinkhdlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh ya, also, what is the difference in the bottom metal?
Murel</div></div>
Tac Ops Bottom Metal is machined from 303 Stainless Steel (Williams are only available in cromoly now). The Tac Ops BM is also more beefy, the shape of the trigger guard and "door" are different, and the Door Release Button is larger and serrated. In addition, the corners are smoothly radiused and snag-free. 303 and 304 Stainless are rather hard on cutting tools and require more frequent sharpening and replacement, so machining out of these materials is definitely a labor of love. The material is too hard to be cut accurately by the Engraver's chisel, so Mike uses cromoly doors on Tac Ops Bottom Metal with engraving.

Below are some close-ups of a Tac Ops Bottom Metal I shot rather hastily before the his barreled action and bottom metal were packed-up and sent to Birdsong. The photos are sort of blurry, but you can see the shape of the Frame, Door, and Trigger Guard as well as the radiused edges and the Release Button. The rifle is a lefty X-Ray and should be ready pretty soon. I'll shoot some photos of it and post them after Mike certifys the rifle.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Overall view of bottom of Tac Ops Bottom Metal. Look carefully and you can see the radiused edges on the Trigger Guard:</span></span>
SGsX-Ray51TacOpsBM18x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Closeup of trigger guard of Tac Ops Bottom Metal. Although the bow is slightly out of focus you can easily see the radiused edges:</span></span>
SGsX-Ray51TacOpsBM38x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Closeup of the Release Button inside the Trigger Guard:</span></span>
SGsX-Ray51TacOpsBM48x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Closeup of the "hinge" area on the Tac Ops Bottom Metal:</span></span>
SGsX-Ray51TacOpsBM28x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Beyond the bolt handle with the Tac Ops Bolt Knob Conversion (Bolt Knob not threaded-on) you can see the Trigger Guard Profile:</span></span>
SGsX-Ray51TacOpsBoltHandle8x6.jpg

If you want to see a few more ITW photos of said lefty X-Ray 51, see <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Naked! Lefty Tac Ops X-Ray 51 action"</span></span>.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As always, beautiful Tango, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Juniors</span></span>. All you need is a Tac Ops .30 Titanium suppressor. In addition to having an extremely low sound signature, Tac Ops suppressors are working pieces of art designed and executed with amazing attention-to-detail and craftsmanship. Smooth, rounded surfaces and with chamfers all around, Tac Ops suppressors casings are completely seamless.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">A pair of Tac Ops TAC .30 Titanium suppressors ready to play:</span></span>

Keith </div></div>

Thanks Keith,

Already said the wait is killing me and you gotta come along with pictures!
crazy.gif

I'm hoping for the Stamp in September but with the extended waits i have a feeling I won't be be getting it until October.
mad.gif
Can't wait to get it though, thanks for sharing the info.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brinkhdlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Oh ya, also, what is the difference in the bottom metal?
Murel</div></div>
Tac Ops Bottom Metal is machined from 303 Stainless Steel (Williams are only available in cromoly now). The Tap Ops BM is also more beefy, the shape of the trigger guard and "door" are different, and the Door Release Button is larger and serrated. In addition, the corners are smoothly radiused and snag-free. 303 and 304 Stainless are rather hard on cutting tools and require more frequent sharpening and replacement, so machining out of these materials is definitely a labor of love. The material is too hard to be cut accurately by the Engraver's chisel, so Mike uses cromoly doors on Tac Ops Bottom Metal with engraving.

Below are some close-ups of a Tac Ops Bottom Metal I shot rather hastily before the his barreled action and bottom metal were packed-up and sent to Birdsong. The photos are sort of blurry, but you can see the shape of the Frame, Door, and Trigger Guard as well as the radiused edges and the Release Button. The rifle is a lefty X-Ray and should be ready pretty soon. I'll shoot some photos of it and post them after Mike certifys the rifle.

Keith </div></div>

Man I think I am sold on the Tac Ops bottom metal. I have a Remington 40-X and I can see quite a bit of difference in the two.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juniors</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As always, beautiful Tango, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Juniors</span></span>. All you need is a Tac Ops .30 Titanium suppressor. In addition to having an extremely low sound signature, Tac Ops suppressors are working pieces of art designed and executed with amazing attention-to-detail and craftsmanship. Smooth, rounded surfaces and with chamfers all around, Tac Ops suppressors casings are completely seamless.

Keith </div></div>

Thanks Keith,

Already said the wait is killing me and you gotta come along with pictures!
crazy.gif

I'm hoping for the Stamp in September but with the extended waits i have a feeling I won't be be getting it until October.
mad.gif
Can't wait to get it though, thanks for sharing the info. </div></div>
Sorry <span style="font-style: italic">Juniors</span>. September would obviously be better, but October is just around the corner. And at least private ownership of suppressors is legal in your state.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brinkhdlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brinkhdlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Oh ya, also, what is the difference in the bottom metal?
Murel</div></div>
Tac Ops Bottom Metal is machined from 303 Stainless Steel (Williams are only available in cromoly now). The Tap Ops BM is also more beefy, the shape of the trigger guard and "door" are different, and the Door Release Button is larger and serrated. In addition, the corners are smoothly radiused and snag-free. 303 and 304 Stainless are rather hard on cutting tools and require more frequent sharpening and replacement, so machining out of these materials is definitely a labor of love. The material is too hard to be cut accurately by the Engraver's chisel, so Mike uses cromoly doors on Tac Ops Bottom Metal with engraving.

Keith </div></div>

Man I think I am sold on the Tac Ops bottom metal. I have a Remington 40-X and I can see quite a bit of difference in the two.
</div></div>
What bottom metal did you specify for your Delta 51 when you spoke with Mike? If you didn't talk about bottom metal (hard to imagine when spec'ing-out a rifle with Mike) you might wind-up with factory bottom metal (yuck)! You should call Mike and clear that up right away, as the BDL, Williams, and Tac Ops bottom metal inlets are different and the stock should be ordered with the bottom metal that will be used in mind. There is also a price differential between the factory BDL versus the Williams and Tac Ops bottom metals.

Keith

Hey Keith,

Ya, right after your last post I contacted Mike and told him I was interested in the Tac Ops bottom metal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya, right after your last post I contacted Mike and told him I was interested in the Tac Ops bottom metal.</div></div>

I put one aside for you MB not to worry
wink.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mike
Tac Ops</span>

Cool, Thanks Mike.

I will try not to bother you too much with the trivial stuff. I saw a video of a gent by the name of Peter who called ya possible one too many times. That bottom metal job was priceless! LOL! Thanks again Mike.

Murel

Sorry for OT...

But since all the Tac-ops guys seems to be in here, so wanted to ask a question.

I personally want a tac-ops rifle, just have to decide the model... but i have noticed the high end price tag.

The question is..
Is this really best of the best out there or did some of you tried something else which is more "wow" ?

The last one i had was Sako TRG-21 and am i jumping into the right direction ?

Thanks all and stay frosty...

Well, I do think they are the best....so much so that I am thinking of selling my AIAW to fund another one. My Tango is all that and more, in MY opinion. My AW is stout, accurate and a hell of a stick, but after getting my Tango doesn't compare for what I want from a rifle. My nephew has a GAP, another great rifle...but the Tac Ops, again MY opinion, is above it. Others probably will strongly disagree on that....we all have choices. Everything about the Tac Ops is first class and is what I am looking for in a precision rifle.

I will be getting another one in a different platform and caliber to compliment the Tango, some day.....by the way, once you get the rifle and see it, shoot it, use it - the price is completely forgotten.

(Please don't take my comments as bashing any makers, all quality makers and arms, just MY views because asked.)

Has Tac Ops built anything on a 338LM?

That would tug on my wallet pretty hard.

If the answer is affirmative, please ignore my question
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ***Ronin***</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry for OT...

But since all the Tac-ops guys seems to be in here, so wanted to ask a question.

I personally want a tac-ops rifle, just have to decide the model... but i have noticed the high end price tag.

The question is..
Is this really best of the best out there or did some of you tried something else which is more "wow" ?

The last one i had was Sako TRG-21 and am i jumping into the right direction ?

Thanks all and stay frosty... </div></div>

It really depends on what you want for yourself and what you want from a rifle.

I've been behind the AI, GAP (.338LM), Sako, Blazer and a few others. The point to me about TacOps is that it's the refinement of a man's talent and vision for what a high precision platform should be and one that stands behind a level of quality, warranty and a guarantee that is very rare even amongst the best of them. To me it's the finest example of a hand made precision rifle. I want one for that reason alone.

I'm not a SWAT member, no aspiration of being one or delusion that I could be. I just like it when I'm able to afford the best of something in an area I'm interested in. If I was a car guy, the Ferrari or Aston Martin would be my TacOps.

Debates have taken place as to whether a rifle with such a guarentee could afford a chamber robust enough to be taken into the field and used off range or not on a roof top by a SWAT sniper. I have no personal experience, but I've seen the various thank you letters Mike's received from 'rough men who stand ready to do violence' on my behalf and if they're happy enough to thank Mike in writing, then that's enough for me.

YMMV.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brinkhdlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Man I think I am sold on the Tac Ops bottom metal. I have a Remington 40-X and I can see quite a bit of difference in the two.</div></div>
Just for you, I shot a few quick photos of the SA Tac Ops Bottom Metal on a Lefty X-Ray 51 when I visited Mike late last night...

TOBMTOODGreen-T18x6.jpg

TOBMTOODGreen-T28x6.jpg

TOBMTOODGreen-T38x6.jpg

TOBMTOODGreen-T48x6.jpg

TOBMTOODGreen-T58x6.jpg

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any pics of the mag by itself? </div></div>
I'm not sure I understand your question. The Tac Ops Bottom Metal is a floorplate type which uses a standard Remington magazine box.

Keith

Keith I got to hand it to you. You really take some nice pic's. At least on my computer. While you were down their you didn't happen to spot a lost tango thats looking for its home did you? LoL.....Probably not she's over at walter's place last I heard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any pics of the mag by itself? </div></div>
I'm not sure I understand your question. The Tac Ops Bottom Metal is a floorplate type which uses a standard Remington magazine box.

Keith </div></div>

I thought he came out with a prototype DBM that he's making also

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any pics of the mag by itself? </div></div>

Keith </div></div>

I thought he came out with a prototype DBM that he's making also </div></div>
I'm sure you realize that there are vast differences between prototypes and actual production. While several different prototypes have been designed and produced none of them are up to Mike Rescigno's standards. And until Mike Rescigno is able to set aside enough time to work on his DBM the Tac Ops DBM isn't going to happen. For now Mike and his crew are just too busy building rifles and suppressors to devote time to anything else.

Keith

Keith,

+1 on the great pictures, such depth and clarity, nice!

Your knowledge of information regarding Mike and Tac Ops is pretty good too. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brinkhdlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Man I think I am sold on the Tac Ops bottom metal. I have a Remington 40-X and I can see quite a bit of difference in the two.</div></div>
Just for you, I shot a few quick photos of the SA Tac Ops Bottom Metal on a Lefty X-Ray 51 when I visited Mike late last night...

TOBMTOODGreen-T18x6.jpg

TOBMTOODGreen-T28x6.jpg

TOBMTOODGreen-T38x6.jpg

TOBMTOODGreen-T48x6.jpg

TOBMTOODGreen-T58x6.jpg

Keith </div></div>

Man Keith,
You are not helping things! LOL, thanks for doing that. I'll say one thing; I am getting super excited for that Delta. I have been looking through different threads and pictures of Mike's builds and for a lack of a better word, I am F*&$ing impressed. The detail he puts in is just amazing!!! Thanks again for the pics Keith and keep em coming.
Murel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Balataspin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keith I got to hand it to you. You really take some nice pic's. At least on my computer. While you were down their you didn't happen to spot a lost tango thats looking for its home did you? LoL.....Probably not she's over at walter's place last I heard. </div></div>
Thanks for the compliment on my photos. I shot those in the wee hours of morning and had to use the flash. I saw a bunch of rifles in-the-white ready to go to Birdsong, and Mike had another fifty or so rifles ready for bedding and texturing. Since your Tango is over at Birdsong, I wouldn't have seen your's but I did see some X-Rays', Deltas', Tangos', and Echos'. The good news for you is that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Keith