• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Rifles

No I was shooting Creedmoor sports 175 scenars in lapua brass. The elevation was within 12” the wind call was the brutal part.

I bought a shit ton of Creedmore 167 Scenars in Lapua brass from the CMP because.....Buy more ammo!

Haven't shot any yet but I don't think I wasted my money att the price I bought it.

Getting ready to use my company "wellness" day the best way I know how...
43992C57-6120-4837-89B2-A9A377EC356E.jpeg

Birdsong Called me and stated he's shipping very soon so some of you guys in this thread are almost Good To Go...

Also, got off the phone this morning with the ATF NFA Branch and some Cans got the Green Light they will be leaving as soon as I have the Form 3's in-hand.....

Mike R.

Last edited:
What are you guys running for can covers?
I have one of Mike's titanium cans in jail, thought I'd start looking around for a cover...
Of course pics would be great!
DW

I've run Armageddon gear covers on most of my bolt gun cans. Cole tac is good too.

And Griffon industries hmms cover on nt4 and similar gas guns.

Reactions: deltawiskey
I have been using Tab Gear SASR covers on my other cans. I'll probably do the same for my can from Mike.
BTW - If you go to order one, the can is 1.62" OD and 8" long.

I have been using Tab Gear SASR covers on my other cans. I'll probably do the same for my can from Mike.
Thanks for the dimensions, I was going to go visit mine in jail to get them.
DW

I wanted to make a quick post to provide everyone with some updated information. I spoke with Mike this morning about some gear and asked about his website as his old domain name was not working. He told me that his old web designer / IT guy had let the domain name lapse as the website only had old magazine articles and no store or anything else active so he is now using tacticaloperationsbeverlyhills.com. Hope this helps for anyone that was looking for him online.

Any Tacops owners in NC with TT525Ps or 5-25 PMIIs willing to do a demo? I would love to be able to look through these before making a decision.

If you were on the other coast I’d let you try my PMII. The turrets on the Tangent and toolless zero are pretty cool/clicks are a little nicer. Glass might have a slight edge on the Tangent when I compared my PMII to my buddies Tangent, but it’s splitting hairs to try and compare them. I like the ability to be able to focus at 25yds with my PMII. If that helps

Reactions: Aries64
If you were on the other coast I’d let you try my PMII. The turrets on the Tangent and toolless zero are pretty cool/clicks are a little nicer. Glass might have a slight edge on the Tangent when I compared my PMII to my buddies Tangent, but it’s splitting hairs to try and compare them. I like the ability to be able to focus at 25yds with my PMII. If that helps
This was extremely informative. Especially now that the 5-25 lineup got a slight refresh in 2022. Thank you sir🙏🏻

Reactions: Aries64
Any Tacops owners in NC with TT525Ps or 5-25 PMIIs willing to do a demo? I would love to be able to look through these before making a decision.

i am searching myself for the perfect glass for my incoming Tac Ops rifle. i was going to go with a scope that i own and here are my options:

3-20x50 S&B PMII, not ultra short (not on any gun right now)
ZCO 4-20x50, would have to pull this off my Arctic Warfare
5-25x56 S&B PMII, sitting on a nice 223 bolt gun right now.

something i have to think about is the S&Bs are both 34mm tubes and the ZCOs are 36mm. so they wont just drop in interchangeable once its all setup. maybe I can call @MikeRTacOps and see if he can add an additional set of scope rings in 36mm in Birdsong to give me more options with my scopes.
i have a hankering to match the 3-20 S&B with the AW as thats the "period" those two belong in together.

Reactions: clonebuilder
I'm in Tennessee with a PMII, and if you are ever around here you are welcome to look at it.
I don't have any other tier one scope to compare it to though.

Pick your reticle and then shop around the PX first.
I picked my PMII up with the gen II XR for $2,500. You just can't beat that.

I'm in Tennessee with a PMII, and if you are ever around here you are welcome to look at it.
I don't have any other tier one scope to compare it to though.

Pick your reticle and then shop around the PX first.
I picked my PMII up with the gen II XR for $2,500. You just can't beat that.
Thanks for the offer man! Depending on my options I basically have it narrowed down to the 5-25 with DTII+ turrets and MSR2/Gen IIXR or the TT525P with Gen 2 XR. There is likely going to be a blowout at Eurooptic and Scopelist on the old inventory once the new PMII 5-25s arrive (or at least i hope so).

Reactions: JakeM
Thanks for the offer man! Depending on my options I basically have it narrowed down to the 5-25 with DTII+ turrets and MSR2/Gen IIXR or the TT525P with Gen 2 XR. There is likely going to be a blowout at Eurooptic and Scopelist on the old inventory once the new PMII 5-25s arrive (or at least i hope so).
Yes but the opposite might happen. Right now the 5-25 with the gen ii xr and DTII+ turrets are $4,000 and the regular turrets $3600. The new price for the updated models put the regular DT turrets at $4,000

Yes but the opposite might happen. Right now the 5-25 with the gen ii xr and DTII+ turrets are $4,000 and the regular turrets $3600. The new price for the updated models put the regular DT turrets at $4,000
Did they release the pricing already for the new models?

This is what you seek 😁

Reactions: JakeM
Cover came in today 😃

Attachments

• 20220404_182228.jpg
    20220404_182228.jpg
    646.8 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: JakeM and kthomas
This is what you seek 😁

@clonebuilder I’d buy it before the new prices kick in and it’s worth $4,500 used. I’m still hoping Euro Optic will have a nice sale on the regular ones.

Last edited:
What are you guys running for can covers?
I have one of Mike's titanium cans in jail, thought I'd start looking around for a cover...
Of course pics would be great!
DW
go get a burn proof gear .. spending but you wont go back

Reactions: deltawiskey
Yep, Im getting a pretty decent price on the DTII+ MSR2 schmidts (calling Eurooptic/Scopelist can net you a lot of savings). Do you mind dropping a link for that price list PDF? There were some others I was curious about too.

Page 5 post 243

• Sad

Page 5 post 243
Unfortunately it looks like that list is accurate. Eurooptic rep didnt sound too pleased at S&B

Unfortunately it looks like that list is accurate. Eurooptic rep didnt sound too pleased at S&B
Yeah I wouldn't be happy ether.
It's going to push a ton of people to ZCO, and lots that can afford the new prices will just go straight to TT.
The only thing I don't like about the ZCO and the Zeiss LRP s5 is the reticles give me terminal.

As long as it's a 'double-oh' gun. :)
I could be totally Bering but, If I remember mike replaces a 308 barrel of it get shot out…never tried out the service

I can’t see that service happening with a 6.5 creed it’s 1:4 the life span?

Brian

i am searching myself for the perfect glass for my incoming Tac Ops rifle. i was going to go with a scope that i own and here are my options:

3-20x50 S&B PMII, not ultra short (not on any gun right now)
ZCO 4-20x50, would have to pull this off my Arctic Warfare
5-25x56 S&B PMII, sitting on a nice 223 bolt gun right now.

something i have to think about is the S&Bs are both 34mm tubes and the ZCOs are 36mm. so they wont just drop in interchangeable once its all setup. maybe I can call @MikeRTacOps and see if he can add an additional set of scope rings in 36mm in Birdsong to give me more options with my scopes.
i have a hankering to match the 3-20 S&B with the AW as thats the "period" those two belong in together.
I realize I'm two weeks late to the party, but since you "have a hankering" to mount the PMII 3-20X[50] on your AW, do it. Then you can move the ZCO 4-20[50] to the .223, and mount the PMII 5-25[56] on your new Tac Ops. I don't know what reticle your PMII 5-25X[56] has, but my personal favorite PMII 5-25[56] reticle is the Gen 2 XR. YMMV. If you like that reticle and happen to have it in the PMII 5-25[56] on the .223 it would be a great match for your incoming Tac Ops rifle.

The main lines of the Gen 2 XR are only .075" at 100 yards, so they're only .750" (3/4"), at 1,000 yards. Mirage & atmospherics notwithstanding, a tennis ball can easily be "quartered" in daylight. The combination of a Tac Ops rifle and a PMII 5-25X[56] Gen 2 XR an extremely precise duo that allows a shooter to aim and hit with pinpoint accuracy. A few years back I shattered three spindles in a single string with FGMM 175s' in my X-Ray 51 during a (3x20) 600 Yard F/TR Match. It makes me smile when I think about guys in the pits who didn't heed the Rangemaster's advisory to wear a hat.

Keith

I realize I'm two weeks late to the party, but since you "have a hankering" to mount the PMII 3-20X[50] on your AW, do it. Then you can move the ZCO 4-20[50] to the .223, and mount the PMII 5-25[56] on your new Tac Ops. I don't know what reticle your PMII 5-25X[56] has, but my personal favorite PMII 5-25[56] reticle is the Gen 2 XR. YMMV. If you like that reticle and happen to have it in the PMII 5-25[56] on the .223 it would be a great match for your incoming Tac Ops rifle.

The main lines of the Gen 2 XR are only .075" at 100 yards, so they're only .750" (3/4"), at 1,000 yards. Mirage & atmospherics notwithstanding, a tennis ball can easily be "quartered" in daylight. The combination of a Tac Ops rifle and a PMII 5-25X[56] Gen 2 XR an extremely precise duo that allows a shooter to aim and hit with pinpoint accuracy. A few years back I shattered three spindles in a single string with FGMM 175s' in my X-Ray 51 during a (3x20) 600 Yard F/TR Match. It makes me smile when I think about guys in the pits who didn't heed the Rangemaster's advisory to wear a hat.

Keith

Does the fact I have a rare-ish Hensoldt CCW 4-16x56 change your recommendations any?

And thank you so much for taking the time to respond

The 5-25x56 is an h2cmr

Last edited: