• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Rifles

You need the Green Light from the wife first please don't forget that ;) If I were you, I'd take her to a Romanic dinner buy her flowers and when you return home give a full and complete massage with your tongue of course. After she hit the high C note and only then whisper honey you know I love you right, yes dear... Can I buy an X-Ray 66 please? I would think she'd say yes. If she says nooooo with an attitude, I'll Fed Ex you a Tac Ops Boll up doll because you're going to need it for a few months :cool:

Call whenever your GTG zero worries my Ninja

Mike R.
What's the success rate of this method ? :unsure:

Asking for a curious friend.......;)

She is a thing a beauty. Art in motion. On a scale of 1 to 8 she is a 7.62

@MikeRTacOps and @Terry Cross you gentlemen have outdone yourselves, you are a testament to your craft.

IMG_7605.jpeg
IMG_7621.jpeg
IMG_7620.jpeg
IMG_7622.jpeg
IMG_7614.jpeg
IMG_7602.jpeg

Theta vs ZCO gonna be 1a vs 1b discussion. Glass is to tight to call, comes down to turrets and other user things. I’m a picky Bastid and I didn’t care for the chalkish finish ZCO had. Would it stop me buying one for a steal no.
just get a schmidt lol.

Paying 6k for a scope that has serious markups from factory to dealer to buyer is just...lol.

Was just at a class with new Schmidt a zco and a TT.

Schmidt glass or how ever you want to say it..is not at that level.

Still very good but not ZCO TT good.
Meh. I saw very little difference to justify a 3k difference in price tag, especially considering the 5-25 is a 20 year old scope.

not to mention the issues with solar flaring that the 6k scope has...but its whatever. People can buy what they want.

the 6-36 Schmidt is priced below a ZCO and by all accounts is tied with the new TT/ZCOs.

Meh. I saw very little difference to justify a 3k difference in price tag, especially considering the 5-25 is a 20 year old scope.

not to mention the issues with solar flaring that the 6k scope has...but its whatever. People can buy what they want.

the 6-36 Schmidt is priced below a ZCO and by all accounts is tied with the new TT/ZCOs.
I love to stir the pot and say this when i can. Ill just stick with my trusty NF's

I’ve never been a lover of thumbhole type stocks, but damn, starting to regret not jumping on one of these… 🤦‍♂️
You can still get a delta, or it you hurry you can get a manners folder before they get discontinued.

You can still get a delta, or it you hurry you can get a manners folder before they get discontinued.
Funny you mention that. I have an X-ray and I had a Delta in the works already when this project was opened up. I just had to bite my tongue and not throw down for the KM. Too many toys, not enough time to enjoy them.

I had looked at the Sentinel stocks and just didn’t love them due to the thumbhole style, but the finished rifles are really nice.

Reactions: JakeM
I’ve never been a lover of thumbhole type stocks, but damn, starting to regret not jumping on one of these… 🤦‍♂️

The KMW Sentinel doesn't fit me, so I get it.

However, Mike makes rifles with a few different options. I love my X-ray 51 (McM A5 stock) - there's a few McM or even Manners options if you desire.

Just don't ask Mike to put it in a chassis :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: brianf

However, Mike makes rifles with a few different options. I love my X-ray 51 (McM A5 stock) - there's a few McM or even Manners options if you desire.

I’d buy 2 immediately

If you even think of asking me to build a chassis platform you'll get a plastic blow up doll that looks exactly like Big Mike Robinson you know the Tranny Michelle Obama in the mail overnight Fed Ex morning delivery...

A few of you got those already but definitely won't tell on yourselves lol

Mike R.

If you even think of asking me to build a chassis platform you'll get a plastic blow up doll that looks exactly like Big Mike Robinson you know the Tranny Michelle Obama in the mail overnight Fed Ex morning delivery...

A few of you got those already but definitely won't tell on yourselves lol

Mike R.
What kind of door prize is included if you want a manners with a gen 2 mini chassis? I mean it’s only half chassis, so do they get a midget blow up doll?

Sending a deposit to Mike for my first TacOps, a Delta51 with night vision rail and threaded barrel. Very much looking forward to it and I'm sure it won't be my last one either.

Looks like you're going to be a Full time Tac Ops Ninja soon ;)

Mike R.

Well that happened even sooner than I thought, Mike is still building my Delta51 and I've already got another in 6.5CM.

What a gorgeous rifle.

20240229_045719043_iOS.jpg

I am also not a huge fan of thumbholes and butt hooks. It was handling a KMW in person and getting a chance to speak with Terry Cross that sold this for me (along with my Delta-51 being fucking awesome). The market is starting to come around, but Mr. Cross was way ahead of the curve when it comes to grip design and grip-to-trigger distance. I was really, really impressed with both the Sentinel and the Zealot in person in a way that surprised me. I can't wait to spend some time with the KM-OPS and the Delta back-to-back.

Also, for the right price, I will drop a Tac Ops barreled action into my Manners CS-2 with mini-chassis and post the results ;-).

Also, for the right price, I will drop a Tac Ops barreled action into my Manners CS-2 with mini-chassis and post the results ;-).
You do understand that if you attempt to put any TacOps barreled action into any stock other than its original, there could be consequences. . . .

1: Mike will feel a disturbance in the Force.
He will think it is just gas at first but then realize that something terrible is happening, but only after slamming 4 Gas-X tablets.

2: 10 blow-up sex dolls will die thus increasing the amount of plastic getting into the oceans and choking more sea turtles.
. . . . . . Do you really want to live with that on your conscience ? ? ?

**I am not knocking the Manners mini-chassis. They are excellent and I have seen tons of rifles shoot small and consistent with them. It is just not meant to be cross-bred with one of Mike's guns.

You do understand that if you attempt to put any TacOps barreled action into any stock other than its original, there could be consequences. . . .

He will think it is just gas at first but then realize that something terrible is happening, but only after slamming 4 Gas-X tablets.

2: 10 blow-up sex dolls will die thus increasing the amount of plastic getting into the oceans and choking more sea turtles.

**I am not knocking the Manners mini-chassis. They are excellent and I have seen tons of rifles shoot small and consistent with them. It is just not meant to be cross-bred with one of Mike's guns.
I dropped one in a old school AICS..it didn’t shoot the same

Learned my lesson lol

I dropped one in a old school AICS..it didn’t shoot the same

Learned my lesson lol

you guys can remove your tac ops from the stocks? i thought Mike went ahead and mechanically bedding-locked them into the stocks to prevent this.....

So you are saying that I “Can’t” put it in my Choate 1989 Plaster “Ultimate Sniper” stock so I can be even more Tacticool?

Sirhr

So you are saying that I “Can’t” put it in my Choate 1989 Plaster “Ultimate Sniper” stock so I can be even more Tacticool?

Sirhr
Like the old saying my friend, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

. . . . so . . . you CAN, but dead sea turtles can put up a terrible stink.

. . . . also . . . Mike is old enough that he can't trust a fart these days. Be kind.

Like the old saying my friend, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

. . . . so . . . you CAN, but dead sea turtles can put up a terrible stink.

. . . . also . . . Mike is old enough that he can't trust a fart these days. Be kind.

Don’t worry… I’m not even going to Krylon this one!

Sirhr

I might need to move one of mine over to a chassis to test Terry's theory....

I am willing to accept the outcome.

I have a Tango 51, is there a bottom metal I could get to get my rifle to use magazines instead of the box mag?
Yes, but....

In my honest opinion, you should not let anybody other than TacOps do the work. It will require a re-cut of the bottom inlet with fingers crossed that the existing top inlet/bedding will allow correct Z-axis position of whatever DBM style bottom metal you choose.

Then of course, the bottom metal would need to get whatever Birdsong "T" matches the rest of your rifle.
This is the only option to retain any resale value of the rifle as a true TacOps if you are worried about such.

If you already own a Tango 51, you should already know to go straight to Mike with this type question rather than inbred heathens (like me) on an internet forum.

Yes, but....

In my honest opinion, you should not let anybody other than TacOps do the work. It will require a re-cut of the bottom inlet with fingers crossed that the existing top inlet/bedding will allow correct Z-axis position of whatever DBM style bottom metal you choose.

Then of course, the bottom metal would need to get whatever Birdsong "T" matches the rest of your rifle.
This is the only option to retain any resale value of the rifle as a true TacOps if you are worried about such.

If you already own a Tango 51, you should already know to go straight to Mike with this type question rather than inbred heathens (like me) on an internet forum.
I figured, I may just save and get another. Last year I went to K&M Precision for the LE sniper course and just see that as a better option. There were 2 guys from Louisiana State Patrol there with your guns, they shot very well.

Reactions: Terry Cross
I figured, I may just save and get another. Last year I went to K&M Precision for the LE sniper course and just see that as a better option. There were 2 guys from Louisiana State Patrol there with your guns, they shot very well.
Didn't you come in second place in the class with that rifle?

Does anyone here reload for their TacOps?

If so, what recipes do you find success?

I have 200 pieces of Lapua brass that I have to use. I could try and replicate a FGMM load, or just do my own thing.

Thinking of using N150, BR2 primers, and either 168 SMK, TMK, or maybe a Berger bullet.

Does anyone here reload for their TacOps?

If so, what recipes do you find success?

I have 200 pieces of Lapua brass that I have to use. I could try and replicate a FGMM load, or just do my own thing.

Thinking of using N150, BR2 primers, and either 168 SMK, TMK, or maybe a Berger bullet.
All joking aside….you don’t buy a tac ops to shoot hand loads.

If you want to shoot hand loads don’t wait a year and just buy a impact with a prefit proof 😂