• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Plate to bog pod

Cowboy605

If you learn self control, you can master anything
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2021
Black Hills, SD
Haven’t found any information pertaining to this specific topic. Is anybody aware of a relatively inexpensive way to mount a tac plate to a Bog Deathgrip without purchasing ball heads? I am hoping to keep costs as far under $150 as possible for mounting solution and plate, combined.

You can modify the bog pod to have a center post screw (3/8-16) and screw in an Abel Table.

It would be mounted solid and a great solution to run a gamechanger on top. It’s slightly over your $150 budget. I can help you with that if you’re interested

It shows the how to starting around 8 minutes.

I appreciate the helpful reply. I ended up finding, and ordering, a different set-up before reading your advice.

I went with the Zero Fox Given ball head adapter, GTX Grip Steel 3/8"-16 Female to 1/4"-20 Male Thread Adapter and Sunnshadow Tripod Table Gen II. Hopefully it’s a solid combo.