• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TacOps order placed!

Re: TacOps order placed!

Theres no time like today....Just do it...He'll set ya up right
wink.gif

I think William was joking. If he wanted a Tac Ops, he could probably build a pretty good replica for cheaper:) I need to trademark the term "Tangeaux" before William gets to it... HA!

Actually, William has a custom action out now, so he will probably be too busy working on his signature builds to rip off Mike R. Maybe he can work a tradeout???

Carter,

I picked up the A1-3 directly from McMillan as they had one in stock. I sent it down to Mike and asked him to just bed it and get it back in my hands. The turn around was about two weeks. Mike is putting on new bottom metal now so I may ask him to texture and paint it while it is there.

The A5 is great off of a bench or in prone, but for moving with a rifle and shooting in non-supported positions, the HTG or A1-3 is hard to beat. Trust me.

He's still doing a floorplate.

The wait time on the bottom metal he was using was killing his turn around time so hes making it in house now...

For a brief moment I dared to look at having a custom rifle built for my long range .308 and it seems a TacOps at a base of $3500 is pretty reasonable. When other builders/assemblers are charging close to $3000 if <span style="font-style: italic">you </span>provide the action. But bloody hell, my smith will take a used 700 SPS Varmint then true the action, rebarrel it and bed it into an A1 stock for around $1500. But it ain't gonna shoot .25 MOA, I don't care who is behind the trigger.
laugh.gif

If there's anything close to TacOps quality for less than $3500 I sure didn't find it.

Edit ... I stand corrected. I must have missed GAP completely. GAP does a helluva job at that price range. Their "base rifle" is pretty awesome at $2800.