• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes tactical base- 1 piece ? or 2 piece ?

HBARLeatherneck

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2009
South East Wyoming
Ok, I know everyone has to have a 1 piece pic rail but, do you really use it? I only ask because I have a flat top Savage and nobody around here locally has a 1 piece pic rail. I live near Burris Optics. They have a 2 piece pic rail for my scope in stock and its cheap if I dont like it. Anybody try a 2 piece? oh they have a 20moa and regular. i would go with 20moa. i have been shooting this gun at 1000yards with a old springfield armory scope with 7x40. i hope this variable with more power makes it a little easier

circa 1997 savage 10 short action flat receiver .308 hbar.
will be mounting the falcon 5-25x50 on this. hopefully with the shortest rings possible. that is why i went with 50mm objective. i like a good cheek weld.

Re: tactical base- 1 piece ? or 2 piece ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treebasher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out Ken Farrell, he has one piece rails for your old style Savage.

http://www.kenfarrell.com/SAV-OS-1-20.html

Note that they are pretty tall rails compared to other manufacturers though. </div></div>

That's an understatement, my scopes sitting on Farrell bases get nose bleeds from the altitude.....

Bob