• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tactical Benchmark builds 6mm dasher & 284 win

TEAMSENDIT

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2008
    whidbey island
    Ok I kind of feel alittle cheesy but I am so happy about my 2 finished builds. They were both built by the guys at benchmark barrels in Arlington WA. The dasher is for matches 1000yds and under and the 284 is for matches over 1000yds with possible high winds. All of the parts came from either the SH classifieds or from SH vendors (CDI prec., US Handgunner, Bauer Arms).

Rifle 1

FN SPR action w/badger knob
    CDI dbm kit
    Manners msc-t carbon fiber multicam w/2 flush cups
    Benchmark 26" 8 twist 8 flute ss tube with rws brake threaded 5/8x24
    Harris bipod
    TIS slip cuff sling
    eagle multicam stockpack
    uso st10 moa/moa
    weight of 11.5lbs as pictured

Rifle 2
    Remington 700 pss action trued by benchmark w/badger bolt knob
    Badger M5 DBM
    Mcmillan A3 molded in camo w/seekins srs rail for atlas bipod
    Tab Sling
    Benchmark 26" 9 twist rem varmint contour w/Badger FTE throated for berger 180's
    USO sn3 tpal moa/moa
    Weight as pictured 15.75lbs

Pics
    6mm dasher
    IMGP6810.jpg

IMGP6812.jpg

IMGP6816.jpg

284 win.
    IMGP6806.jpg

IMGP6808.jpg

IMGP6817.jpg

Re: Tactical Benchmark builds 6mm dasher & 284 win

their stainless beadblasted, just can't deciede what color for either one. only thing other than paint to add is cg jackson trigger to the rem. from the group buy.

Great looking rifles! How's the Dasher feeding from the AI mags? did you end up having to do any mods to the mags?

Steve

just finished up the 300rds of fireforming and it feeds great with no mag mods, it doesn't like the 10rd mags but the 5's work great, just load and shoot.

sweet rifles diggs, benchmark did a great job.

I gotta be honest. It's so refreshing to see some builds in some high performance cartridges. I get so tired of all the 308's.

Very nice. How does the Dasher feed with the DBM?

so i guess its official

you are out of the closet... and showing your pride

are you going to shoot the flaming 7 today or just fondle it a little more ?

post some group pics of the dasher when you can. let me know what load you come up with.

With fire-forming loads his dasher was shooting extremely well at 500yds F-class practice. I was pulling his target.... let's just say it was holding well within the X-ring for at least 6 shots. I don't anticipate any trouble getting as good or better accuracy in Dasher form
    wink.gif

Those came out great Scott, I'd love to see how your 284 shoots. Benchmark really does a great job!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I gotta be honest. It's so refreshing to see some builds in some high performance cartridges. I get so tired of all the 308's. </div></div>

WORD!
    Nothing wrong with .308's though.

Those rifles are beautiful. I like the Multicam. I can give you a hand Scott if you want to Cerakote those suckers.

lucas and jesse thanks, maybe you guys could come out to port angeles this weekend for alittle practice. I will be painting them as soon as I get done with the match on the 15th.

yes sir, took it to the range today and wow this thing is a hammer, 3 or the first 5 loads tested were under .5" at 100yds and yes 5 shot groups. also my last 3 shot group was a .13 center to center wish I had more ammo to keep that one going. will get the chrono out tomorrow and see what speeds the 105 amaxs are going.

just got back from range with my new 284 and without any pressure signs I was pushing the 180 bergers to 2915fps and the 162amax to 3050fps both were just under 1/2moa. mind you my overall length is 3.20" with bergers.

They look great! I saw them up at Benchmark as I was dropping some parts off for a build they're working on for me.