• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical team match (4-man)

Re: Tactical team match (4-man)

There are two showers in the bunkhouse, I doubt TJ will charge extra for that since everyone uses those bathrooms.

I can usually make the whole weekend without dumping. My grey water is 25g. Just shower once a day for under 5 mins.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: microsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can usually make the whole weekend without dumping...</div></div>

Back off on the MREs man... too much cheese spread & John Wayne crackers...

lols, thats what yall are eating. Don't expect to be poopin in my crib. I need a good morning glory before I get my day started.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: microsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need a good morning glory on my chest before I get my day started. </div></div>

Micro, not cool man.
laugh.gif

TJ,
We got an idea on round count for this shindig???

Whoa oh, look out, the Dell h@x0r guy learned out how to ninja quote people
smile.gif
Berrrry schneaky ninja-son.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: microsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whoa oh, look out, the Dell h@x0r guy learned out how to ninja quote people
smile.gif
Berrrry schneaky ninja-son.</div></div>

Has anyone ever shot their team mate?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badd Kharma</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: microsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whoa oh, look out, the Dell h@x0r guy learned out how to ninja quote people
smile.gif
Berrrry schneaky ninja-son.</div></div>

Has anyone ever shot their team mate?</div></div>

I mean on purpose

bump for a friggin round count....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOmag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nomag has had rough year
my hand ( talk about feeling a little different!!!! this can cause severe iritation when rubbed against well nevemind)
IMG_0277.jpg

my elbow
IMG_0279.jpg

closer
IMG_0273.jpg

I can barley hold a rifle right now much less run around but the zippers have been taken out and I might make BTH if TJ puts it on again. If I could run the 4 team I would but my arms are a little out of it right now.

Later
NOmag
</div></div>

Should have used lube!

Man tough crowd here!!! Well when you married for over ten years and you get used to the right sometimes you make a change and CHANGE is not always good!!!!! Beside lube isn't cheap!

Anyway you guys are crazy JUNE really June I'm to fat and old to run around in JUNE!!!! Maybe next year or when it cools down some.

NOmag

Round count will not exceed 200 rifle and 200 pistol per participant - if you don't miss. We'll supply the shotgun breaching ammo.

--Benjamin at Tiger Valley

Any potential team in need of a 4th gun. My team never materialized. Shot the LaRue 3 gun and Tac Pro 3gun and shot well.
Flint06

Hey guys, I lost all three of my teammates and am looking for a team. I'm a decent shooter and am in decent shape so I wouldn't be a burden. I've already paid my entry fee and am looking for a team missing a member.

Thanks,
Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiCapMag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody know how many teams are signed up?

Just curious. </div></div>

A couple of weeks ago, TJ told me that about 10 teams were signed up.

TJ you said we were supposed to get a description of the stages 60 days before the event so we could train. Did I miss the release of that?

i'm looking for someone totally tactical,...that would be my batman, and carry my water along with the golf umbrella for my sunshade....must look the part and be socially acceptable and be able to do fast magazine reloads, CAN NOT be all thumbs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm looking for someone totally tactical,...that would be my batman, and carry my water along with the golf umbrella for my sunshade....must look the part and be socially acceptable and be able to do fast magazine reloads, CAN NOT be all thumbs.

</div></div>

Good luck with your search boltripper, I will be in San Antonio shooting a pistol match that weekend. Hope you have fun.
cool.gif

I drink only the finest Cambodian breastmilks...

dave.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I drink only the finest Cambodian breastmilks...

dave.jpg
</div></div>

Now that is funny!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm looking for someone totally tactical,...that would be my batman, and carry my water along with the golf umbrella for my sunshade....must look the part and be socially acceptable and be able to do fast magazine reloads, CAN NOT be all thumbs.</div></div>

Did you find someone?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm looking for someone totally tactical,...that would be my batman, and carry my water along with the golf umbrella for my sunshade....must look the part and be socially acceptable and be able to do fast magazine reloads, CAN NOT be all thumbs.</div></div>

Did you find someone?</div></div>

waiting for you................

I've been back all week, so you should have called sooner. Call me next week when you're back in town.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Updates!!?? </div></div>

Here's an update for you: It was a hundred and five effin' degrees with little breeze and we all about died!!

Other than that it was pretty fun.

I'll try to type a better update when I get cooled off and clean...

My update:

Had a lot of fun. Got to see some great guys, and watch some good shootin.

Unfortunately, I was neither of those. Heat, lack of hydration made me fall out Saturday on the last stage. And, during the last stage I did, my stupid fucking ass broke 180 and muzzle swept two teams.

Was good to see everybody.

Lets do it again...in January.

(And, CJ aint exaggerating. 6 teams lost someone to heat on Saturday. Rough weather this weekend.)

It was a hot mother soaker. I was a heat casualty on Saturday as an RO. I kept pushing myself until I started having muscle spasms and was sweating like a whore in church. After that, I resigned myself to the stats office, consumed a shit load of water loaded with electrolytes. Then stayed to help with scoring. No way I was going back out in the heat after that.

Note to those that plan on shooting matches in this kind of heat: Water is not enough. I drank a bottle of water each time I ran a stage with a team and still became dehydrated. Electrolyte replacement is what you need.

Do not allow yourself to become a heat casualty.

My hat is off to everyone that finished this match, it was not easy by any means.

I believe I was the second to go down after Rick on Saturday. I had been drinking half Gatorade half water, keeping my head wet under my hat and keeping a ice cold wet bandana around my neck. The heat still got me. I decided to drop out before they had to carry me off the field or I made a stupid mistake. I have had heat exhaustion before but I have never had it hit me so hard so fast. The Tiger Valley staff did a great job getting me cooled off and back in the safety zone.

Today was much cooler (only 101) and the course of fire did not have as much running (a lot more crawling).

Susan

I had a great time! Sure, it was hot, but that's why I live in Texas. I got to run some of the stages twice to step in for teams that had lost a member. Next time I'm bringing more ammo.

Interesting info: The average number of hits per man in the A zone of the 200 yard movers was 5 out of 30 shots.

The team with the largest members didn't finish last in the attic/wall climb stage.
wink.gif

Out of 39 possible A zone hits at the pistol wall (~40 yards), the highest scoring team got 13.

Only about 100 points separated the top 5 teams in the final results. No one team dominated every stage, and doing badly on one stage significantly hurt one's standings.

Overall it was a well conceived match. A team had to be competent in long range rifle, long range pistol, teamwork, and stage strategizing to be competitive.

TJ is taking suggestions for next year's stages.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC Carpentier jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pictures, COF would be great.
</div></div>

YEA, what he said.
cool.gif
</div></div>

how'd them OKies shoot?

I don't have time to do a full COF write up right now (I'll do one tonight if someone hasn't already), but it was basicly.

Crawl!
Run!
Shoot with rifle!
Run!
Climb over something!
Run!
Shoot that with a pistol!
Don't shoot that one!
Carry something heavy!
RUN!

And it was hot.

TJ & Crew did a great job. Thanks to all you for putting up with all of us out there in that heat.

Kudos to T.J. and his crew for a physically challenging gut-busting match. Shooting stages were great!!

Anyone ride bitch with TJ at the 4 man?
This was from Tulsa, OK at the USNSSC.

TJ_Jack.jpg

I had a good time. Although this one was just for fun, and the scores really mean nothing, we really need to start enforcing the rules. It seems like every match gets worse about it. The rules specifically stated that all members must be using AR-style rifles. I saw at least 4 people that were not using AR style rifles on the first day, not including all the bolt action LR rifles that magically appeared for the last two stages on sunday.

You were supposed to be using the same rifle for the entire match. No switching from your truck between stages. If myself, a lowly civilian, can ding the 500y sentry on the first shot with his piece o piss AR-15 that I've been using for the whole match, they you shouldent have to go retrieve your LR bolt gun either (which you woulden't have with you anyways).

The match was a blast. I think I am going to be sore all week. Like everyone already said, it was HOT!! The heat had me pretty whooped by the end of day one. As always, TJ puts on one hell of a match. Thanks to TJ and everyone that helped out with this.
On a side note, I would have to agree with Microsuck a bit. I was under the assumption you had to run the same gear the whole match, and quite surprised to see all new guns out the second day.
Still had a blast and can't wait to do it again.

Setting the bar......
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HsDUvYiSDa4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HsDUvYiSDa4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: microsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You were supposed to be using the same rifle for the entire match. No switching from your truck between stages. If myself, a lowly civilian, can ding the 500y sentry on the first shot with his piece o piss AR-15 that I've been using for the whole match, they you shouldent have to go retrieve your LR bolt gun either (which you woulden't have with you anyways). </div></div>

You lost me at 'lowly civilian'. Are you bragging because you can hit a 500 yd plate with an AR? Or are you whining because a cop / military guy whipped out a bolt gun on you?? What's profession have to do with it?

Also, this is the closest I could find in this thread relating to equipment:

"Problems exist out to 500 yards. A guard tower has to be eliminated to allow you to recover you stolen food stores. As to other stages you will have a combination of problems, some requiring long guns and pistols. What and who shoots what is up to you. Most shots are -100 yards for rifle, pistol to 35-40 max. Everyone should have both weapons, you never know when a team member might be eliminated or captured and you might have to pick up his duties. You will have to both shotgun breach and mechanical, eat you Wheaties..."

I suppose you didnt find our extension ladder amusing either huh??
grin.gif
But it worked GREAT!