• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical training and equipment

I'm kind of considering some sort of week long course in southern Utah, during the summer, where you arrive to our facility and end up living in a MGPTS tent, that has an ECU, which I never turn on for you.

The required equipment for the course, is for you to bring a shovel, whatever clothing you want to bring and thats about it. Everything you bring has to be able to be carried on you at all times.

Then, through evolutions of digging trenches, filling hesco barriers, flattened hard pack desert with your hands, I will allow you to earn equipment, weapons, ammunition and maybe a little bit of actual instruction when I feel like it. Those who succeed, get to actually learn shit. Those who don't, will continue being made fun of by me in my umbrella covered lounge chair, conveniently located in a spot far enough to where your digging and dying of dehydration won't bother me, but also close enough so I don't have to actually yell when I'm going over the list of absolutely horrible life decisions that have gotten you to this very point.

7 day class
Bring your own shovel
Estimated Round Count: 4

$2100/per person

Can I send gift certificates to a few Demwits I know???

The 5.11 comments struck deep.

Their apex pants are nice....

I'm kind of considering some sort of week long course in southern Utah, during the summer, where you arrive to our facility and end up living in a MGPTS tent, that has an ECU, which I never turn on for you.

The required equipment for the course, is for you to bring a shovel, whatever clothing you want to bring and thats about it. Everything you bring has to be able to be carried on you at all times.

Then, through evolutions of digging trenches, filling hesco barriers, flattened hard pack desert with your hands, I will allow you to earn equipment, weapons, ammunition and maybe a little bit of actual instruction when I feel like it. Those who succeed, get to actually learn shit. Those who don't, will continue being made fun of by me in my umbrella covered lounge chair, conveniently located in a spot far enough to where your digging and dying of dehydration won't bother me, but also close enough so I don't have to actually yell when I'm going over the list of absolutely horrible life decisions that have gotten you to this very point.

7 day class
Bring your own shovel
Estimated Round Count: 4

$2100/per person
In.

If your a contractor you have to buy some. I have my contractor starter kit 😁 😁 :ROFLMAO:
The ole 5.11 tuxedo…the old contractors wear that shit. The younguns wear Patagonia everything.

I’ve never understood why people think CQB training is fun or cool. It isn’t either. It’s boring, endlessly repetitive, and in real life about the best way to get killed by some joker with a busted ak/hi point/big ass bomb right inside his front door. If the OP really wants to “learn” it, Orion Training Group appears to offer solo cqb classes. I know nothing about them beyond seeing them on the Instagram, so…best of luck. Keep in mind any group that’s teaching civilians isn’t gonna be teaching the latest and greatest tricks , and good ole ttps are continually changing (maybe not so much lately since Afghanistan is over) but if you’d like to pay money to learn stuff that hasn’t been relevant in god knows how long, then go for it.
BD96A89B-2F46-4A75-A8C3-CB3A9D9E8C2E.jpeg

Reactions: camocorvette
Learning how to CQB is like learning how to suck a dick:

A: Do it slow!
B: Do it fast!
C: GO AROUND THE SIDE MAN!
D: Keep your eyes on the prize!
E: Just close your eyes and wait for it to be over!
F: Don't make any noise at all!
G: Precede your dick sucking with tossing!

At the end of the day, if you sucked that dick you might get a wad in your mouth. And all the self-help videos and instruction and classes and whatever - all these people trying so hard for the next shiny backflip-monkeyhump glittery thing are still sucking a dick at the end of the day.

Just. Like. CQB.

TTP's keep changing because the last ones we learned were shit. That means they were shit the second some asshole taught them. Just like the TTP's they are teaching now that are the "latest and greatest."

LE/SWAT entries work at all because they are either up against people who are mostly compliant or totally high on drugs. If you want to see what a real entry against actually prepared individuals looks like - watch the WACO disaster unfold.

The ole 5.11 tuxedo…the old contractors wear that shit. The younguns wear Patagonia everything.

I’ve never understood why people think CQB training is fun or cool. It isn’t either. It’s boring, endlessly repetitive, and in real life about the best way to get killed by some joker with a busted ak/hi point/big ass bomb right inside his front door. If the OP really wants to “learn” it, Orion Training Group appears to offer solo cqb classes. I know nothing about them beyond seeing them on the Instagram, so…best of luck. Keep in mind any group that’s teaching civilians isn’t gonna be teaching the latest and greatest tricks , and good ole ttps are continually changing (maybe not so much lately since Afghanistan is over) but if you’d like to pay money to learn stuff that hasn’t been relevant in god knows how long, then go for it.
View attachment 7703966

• Wow
Reactions: BullGear
Learning how to CQB is like learning how to suck a dick:

A: Do it slow!
B: Do it fast!
C: GO AROUND THE SIDE MAN!
D: Keep your eyes on the prize!
E: Just close your eyes and wait for it to be over!
F: Don't make any noise at all!
G: Precede your dick sucking with tossing!

At the end of the day, if you sucked that dick you might get a wad in your mouth. And all the self-help videos and instruction and classes and whatever - all these people trying so hard for the next shiny backflip-monkeyhump glittery thing are still sucking a dick at the end of the day.

Just. Like. CQB.

TTP's keep changing because the last ones we learned were shit. That means they were shit the second some asshole taught them. Just like the TTP's they are teaching now that are the "latest and greatest."

LE/SWAT entries work at all because they are either up against people who are mostly compliant or totally high on drugs. If you want to see what a real entry against actually prepared individuals looks like - watch the WACO disaster unfold.
Waco wasn't really prepared, the ATF just sucked! Didn't the ATF shoot some of their own guys on that raid and they tossed some flash bangs in with their guys that went in on the second floor window (at the same time :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ) if I remember correctly. Anyways, talk about a clown show!

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

I took a new team (MiTT) of various MOS's for my second tour to Iraq. I was the only combat arms guy (Infantry) that had prior deployment experience (two of us were Infantry on the team other guy had no deployment experience). We had a 90 day pre-deployment training timeline. Getting some of my guys to understand Enter, Clear a Room execution and the flexibility it requires was painful to say the least. It required me putting my hands on one of my guys to assist him in pulling his head out of his 4th point of contact.

In 05 a kid was killed in a training incident at Campbell doing tactical training. This stuff is no joke.

Very Respectfully,
Stefan
Shit, you missed the LTC in the mid/late 90s that got killed at the trench live fire range at the 101st. Enter and clear a trench is a dooozie

Reactions: stefan73
Put on short shorts
take shirt off
throw out a lawn chair
Light up cigar
Enjoy the whole BOTTLE of whiskey
watch

There you go, 6 easy steps to being a tactically prepared and trained ninja

Shit, you missed the LTC in the mid/late 90s that got killed at the trench live fire range at the 101st. Enter and clear a trench is a dooozie
A couple of kids have been killed at Campbell doing that.

We also had table XII, I still remember a soldier was killed at Hood when the SAW gunner tripped and let a burst off in the back of his head. My BN CDR got peppered by a claymore on that same trench when a dumbass from A Co placed the claymore facing the wrong direction. My BC was PISSED!! Next thing I know I am getting called up to the TOC and am retraining A Co (I was B Co). Then there was the 7 rounds of 155mm HE that was fired 180 degrees off azimuth onto a small farm in Gatesville TX. Wild times to say the least.

I took a new team (MiTT) of various MOS's for my second tour to Iraq. I was the only combat arms guy (Infantry) that had prior deployment experience (two of us were Infantry on the team other guy had no deployment experience). We had a 90 day pre-deployment training timeline. Getting some of my guys to understand Enter, Clear a Room execution and the flexibility it requires was painful to say the least. It required me putting my hands on one of my guys to assist him in pulling his head out of his 4th point of contact.

In 05 a kid was killed in a training incident at Campbell doing tactical training. This stuff is no joke.

Very Respectfully,
Stefan

Good point.
The idea that only SF folks get access to MOUT training is as ignorant as thinking only snipers get access to rifle training. The quality might be different, but the basics are the same.

They didn't build all of this just for the "cool kids".

Razish_Fort+Irwin.jpg

Fort+Irwin_IED.jpg

"https://www.dvidshub.net/video/embed/790472"

Good point.
The idea that only SF folks get access to MOUT training is as ignorant as thinking only snipers get access to rifle training. The quality might be different, but the basics are the same.

They didn't build all of this just for the "cool kids".

View attachment 7704392

View attachment 7704393

"https://www.dvidshub.net/video/embed/790472"
Good old NTC. I think I did 5 rotations there and 6 trips there total (one for LTP). I am currently at Polk.

We taught the Iraq's CQB as best we could, whether or not they listened is a different story.

Last edited:
05, Baghdad. Down in Rusafa I cleared an 8 story building with a company of Iraqi Army guys and 3 of us American Army, that sucked, all steel doors and it was in the summer. I was smoked at the end of that raid on a suspected enemy facility. I will say I was pretty good at clearing rooms that were stuffed full of shit. Pictures are just some of the areas we patroled.
2021-09-16_10-07-27.jpg

2021-09-16_10-08-50.jpg

Good old NTC. I think I did 5 rotations there and 6 trips there total (one for LTP).

For me the most "fun" combat town was the old base housing on March Air Force base, while they built the facilities in Mojave. For a very brief period, before they demolished the base housing, they let the Marines get a head start on the demo work by using it as a MOUT facility.

It was constructed in the 70's and no one had ever lived in it before they shut the base housing down.

No one cared what they destroyed. AAV's were driving through homes. Marines were busting out walls for access points. Sim rounds were "escaping" training environments. Several buildings collapsed entirely. There was a whole street with burned homes, and I have no idea if that happened before we got there or not.

As an (OPFOR) insurgent, I thought it would be a great idea to hide in the dead space between dry walls while a LAR unit came through and cleared a street. I mean who looks "inside" the walls right?
It wasn't at good idea.
At all.

It was only afterwards that they told us the reason why the housing was condemned was because they had used asbestos filler for insulation in the roofs.

Last edited:
Good old NTC. I think I did 5 rotations there and 6 trips there total (one for LTP). I am currently at Polk.

We taught the Iraq's CQB as best we could, whether or not they listened is a different story.

I think I would have committed honorable suicide had I been forced to go to NTC more than once. Polk/JRTC was worse though. The heat and humidity were brutal.

I think I would have committed honorable suicide had I been forced to go to NTC more than once. Polk/JRTC was worse though. The heat and humidity were brutal.
I did one rotation at Polk as a "victim", and supported another rotation. Many years later I became an OC and then an exercise planner at JRTC.

I did one rotation at Polk as a "victim", and supported another rotation. Many years later I became an OC and then an exercise planner at JRTC.
We’re you in 1/509 then? I was in 3/509 up in AK when I went to JRTC…in august. We had tons of heat cats the first day in the box.

Reactions: stefan73
We’re you in 1/509 then? I was in 3/509 up in AK when I went to JRTC…in august. We had tons of heat cats the first day in the box.
I was in the 506th Currahee at that time. I went to NTC for LTP as part of 1-25 out of Alaska later.

This place in N. Texas trains mil, le and civs, but doesn't mix them. People fly in from all over the US to train with him.
I did training over the course of a year and didn't only got through a few of the levels in LR rifle and carbine.
Medical issues required a pause, then Covid shit. Anyway, get an idea of the classes, levels, and cost. They have night CQB also.