• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Movie Theater Taking of Pelham 123

garandman

Bad Advice for Free
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2009
Huntington WV
Maybe this has already been discussed, but....

When the SpecOps guys load up the bags for Denzel Washington, I seem to remember they put a nickel plated Walther PPK in there.

When he grabs the gun out of the bag, its a Kahr / something, but definitely NOT a Walther.

Am I right on this?

Re: Taking of Pelham 123

yeah you are, I watched it last night and noticed the same thing

Somebody should get fired for that.

It would be like instead of having Denzel Washington for the final scene, suddenly JJ Walker appears.

Its like "Every gun looks alike to them" or something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garandman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Somebody should get fired for that.

It would be like instead of having Denzel Washington for the final scene, suddenly JJ Walker appears.

Its like "Every gun looks alike to them" or something.

</div></div>

Dang dude, that's harsh. I'm glad you haven't been the director in the flicks I starred in.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dang dude, that's harsh. I'm glad you haven't been the director in the flicks I starred in..... </div></div>

Such as?

Two things detonate a movie for me - BIG gun errors, and "Yeah, right...." scenes.

That was BIG BIG gun error. It would be like having the bad guys suddenly appear in a different car in teh middle of a car chase scene.

Unforgiveable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garandman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dang dude, that's harsh. I'm glad you haven't been the director in the flicks I starred in..... </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Such as? </span>
Two things detonate a movie for me - BIG gun errors, and "Yeah, right...." scenes.

That was BIG BIG gun error. It would be like having the bad guys suddenly appear in a different car in teh middle of a car chase scene.

Unforgiveable.

</div></div>

Such as? SUCH AS????

Come on man, I <span style="font-style: italic">KNOW</span> you've seen it, you know the one where I come in, make a satirical comment about a post you made, and you take it seriously and get slightly defensive? Ya, you've seen it. I'm not sure how you liked it though.

Picky..., picky...

Admit it, we're a tough crowd to play to; and especially, probably overly, sensitive to continuity and other errors where firearms are involved.

Politics of actors are not part of the production, but are probably a strong factor where casting is concerned. Assholes attract. We all know it; get over it.

The portrayals are where it's at, folks.

Greg

Movies are entertainment, which often, if not invariably, requires a willing suspension of disbelief.

I know there are people who think the Army will mail them a certificate for a B4 ASI after they have seen <span style="font-style: italic">Sniper</span> and <span style="font-style: italic">Shooter</span>, but that turns out not to be the case.

"That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me. You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. Dosen't show up on your airport X-ray machines, here, and it cost more than you make in a month" - John McClane, Die Hard 2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Movies are entertainment, which often, if not invariably, requires a willing suspension of disbelief.

I know there are people who think the Army will mail them a certificate for a B4 ASI after they have seen <span style="font-style: italic">Sniper</span> and <span style="font-style: italic">Shooter</span>, but that turns out not to be the case.
</div></div>

Maybe its me, but I pretty much REFUSE to suspend disbelief, even in movies.

If a movie ever makes me go "Yeah, right" where its supposed to be something other than sci fi, its pretty much over for me.

Tough standard? Sure.

Far as this one, many movie directors take pride (or they should) in getting the little details right. Its what makes a movie "art." I still liked "Pelham" and just wondered WHY change guns? DId they get to that scene, and somebody figgered out they forgot to bring the Walther, so they just used what Biff the camera man was packin'?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> hunter223

Such as? SUCH AS????

Come on man, I <span style="font-style: italic">KNOW</span> you've seen it, you know the one where I come in, make a satirical comment about a post you made, and you take it seriously and get slightly defensive? Ya, you've seen it. I'm not sure how you liked it though. </div></div>

Yes.....such as what movies did you star in?

I'm not being defensive. Just curious.

I always try to figger out the Hollyweirdos in the crowd.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garandman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> hunter223

Such as? SUCH AS????

Come on man, I <span style="font-style: italic">KNOW</span> you've seen it, you know the one where I come in, make a satirical comment about a post you made, and you take it seriously and get slightly defensive? Ya, you've seen it. I'm not sure how you liked it though. </div></div>

Yes.....such as what movies did you star in?

I'm not being defensive. Just curious.

I always try to figger out the Hollyweirdos in the crowd.

</div></div>

LOL!!!! I was totally being a smartass bro!!! LMAO God I love noobs
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

=hunter223

LOL!!!! I was totally being a smartass bro!!! LMAO God I love noobs
grin.gif
</div></div>

So yer not like Bruce Willis or Tom Selleck?

What a let down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know there are people who think the Army will mail them a certificate for a B4 ASI after they have seen <span style="font-style: italic">Sniper</span> and <span style="font-style: italic">Shooter</span>, but that turns out not to be the case.
</div></div>

So I guess I should stop waiting by the mail box......
wink.gif

It was a ok movie I do think Travolta did a good job though.