• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Talk about luck - Train Derailment

Cncjerry

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2013
So I agonize for over a year and finally select the gun after looking and handling probably 50. I find the right price, order the gun, fill-out the paperwork, begin waiting my 11 days here in California which is bad enough.

Checked UPS today after the FFL didn't have it:

San Pablo, CA, United States 06/03/2013 6:00 P.M. Train derailment.
Horsham, PA, United States 05/29/2013 2:30 P.M. Departure Scan
Horsham, PA, United States 05/28/2013 7:46 P.M. Origin Scan
05/28/2013 4:14 P.M. Pickup Scan
United States 05/28/2013 3:16 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

So I think Feinstein has sunk to a new low by derailing trains! So the gun made it cross the US without a problem and is held-up about 15 miles away.

Jerry

I sold a scope to a fellow Hider in CA and he got the same UPS update. Remind me to stay off trains in California!

Had the same thing happen with a bartlein barrel! Day came when it was supposed to be here. Figured UPS lost my order (again-have lost 4 this year already ). Check tracking and it had an exception for a derailment in NM:what:
Didn't know if a bent barrel was going to show up at my door or what. Luckily it all worked out - a week later

Not UPS centric but is it me or have there been a whole lot of trains falling off of tracks recently? Like 4 in the past 2 weeks.

Cheers,

Doc

Damn...train derailment!?!?! I think its safe to say that this would NOT be your week to take up flying, sky diving, bungee jumping or anything of the sort as it could only end in death or at a minimum, permanent disfigurement/disability. ;)

Hang in there, bro...this too shall pass and with any luck, you'll have your rifle in perfect shape with only a few extra days of delay and nothing worse.

A little off topic, but of the three firearms related shipments of mine they have lost (including 14 Montana barrels!) they have never paid up even though I had insurance! Have any of you successfully recouped some of you're loss from them or USPS?

There aren't any train derailments.

That's just their way of saying "oops, you're not getting your package on time" without making you too upset.

I found that if you do a google search there have been like 13 train derailments listed by UPS. Sounds a little suspicious.

They haven't said it was damaged yet - knock on wood. We had one of those lightning type globes shattered and it took them about a month to pay the $15. So using that as a benchmark this will take a year.

Thanks for the sympathy.

Jerry

Showed up a day late at the FFL. Went over and held it, gave it a kiss, and put it back to bed until Friday. The scope came today as well as the mounts. The bipod and cheek rest comes Friday as well.

Emergency over.

A few years ago I had placed an order for a Perrazzi Shotgun from a Company in NY. Now remeber I live in Nevada. The Shotgun was at a Company in CA but they said they wanted to take it to the Shot Show wich was being held in Fla.
So one figures that since both Companies will be at Shot Show that the NY company will take it with them and then send it to me, no that is not the case. I was told whatever goes in has to come out with the same Company.

So now my Shotgun is back on a truck heading back to CA well halfway there in TX they have one hell of a Blizzard that stops all traffic for a few days. My Shotgun finally makes it back to CA and then gets packed and sent to NY. By this time I have been waiting for this thing over a month.

My Wife answers a phone call that happened to be fom the NY company saying they are going to ship it UPS and it will be about a week and I will have it. My wife texted me with that information and I called the Compnay and told them I wanted it over nighted.
So the next day I go to the Trap Club and wait for UPS to show up. I wait there for about four hours and the Trapclub has about thirty minutes before they close up for the night and I figured the hell with it I will get it the next day and as I am walking to my pick up UPS comes rolling in and I get my Gun finally.

When the Gun was in CA it was only four hundred miles from me, but it traveled across the US twice and pobably was within six miles of my house when it went to NY.

Had the same thing happen with a bartlein barrel! Day came when it was supposed to be here. Figured UPS lost my order (again-have lost 4 this year already ). Check tracking and it had an exception for a derailment in NM:what:
Didn't know if a bent barrel was going to show up at my door or what. Luckily it all worked out - a week later

I think my stuff was on the same train as yours in NM, about a month ago?