• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tangent Theta H-Series

orkan

Primal Rights, Inc.
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Oct 27, 2008
    South Dakota, USA
    www.primalrights.com
    The H-Series hunter scopes are at SHOT. No idea on timeline, price point, or options.

qgQwEDMh.jpg

U8dZkAUh.jpg

Hmmm, I guess I should look into this before I order another tt315m

So good to here about this. Good things come to those who wait. Looking forward to diving into the specs. Just hope the price is not over the top.

Premier also offered their hunter series, surprised it took TT this long to bring that to market. Do they offer a new reticle with it?

Reactions: 5RWill
    Waiting patiently for more information...

I have a need for another scope. Haven't made any decisions yet.

I updated my SHOT overview with a few words on Tangen Theta's H-series scopes: http://opticsthoughts.com/?page_id=2124

The prototypes they had at SHOT had rather faint markings which will be much bolder in production scopes. Here is a rendering which should be a reasonable representation of what we will see on them:
    i-K57vSsJ-L.jpg

ILya

Thank you ILya, with those locking turrets, it looks like they'll cover the markings when they are locked, is that the case? If that's so I do not like that design at all, you have to unlock in order to see where the turret is set. Outside of that I bet they'll be amazing.

Hard to get really excited about this "new model" but I would probably snag one if the mrad was available. Although I would assume this same reticle will be available in the tt315m. In which case I'm not sure I would pick the "H" over the "M"

Thank you ILya, with those locking turrets, it looks like they'll cover the markings when they are locked, is that the case? If that's so I do not like that design at all, you have to unlock in order to see where the turret is set. Outside of that I bet they'll be amazing.

Correct. If you need to see the markings on the turret, you should really be looking at TT315M. This one is really designed for an application where you want the turrets covered. You can still dial if you are so inclined, by pulling up on the turrets, but if you are using a rifle scabbard or anything like that, this design makes sure that your turrets can not shift on you by accident.

ILya

Reactions: doc88
    Hard to get really excited about this "new model" but I would probably snag one if the mrad was available. Although I would assume this same reticle will be available in the tt315m. In which case I'm not sure I would pick the "H" over the "M"

I think they had enough requests from hunters who wanted a model with covered turrets and a simpler reticle with good low light visibility to make this model. The turrets and reticle are new, but the rest of the scope is essentially the same as TT315M and that is not a bad thing.

I do not know if the simplified reticle will be available in TT315M. I'll ask if the opportunity presents itself. Personally, I would be very interested in a scope with elevation turret from TT315M and windage turret from TT315H. I almost never dial for wind.

ILya

I would whole heartedly agree. The only other thing I could think to make it better would make the power ring turn easier. Then I could save some weight by leaving my pipe wrench at home.

Reactions: ThePretzel
    I would whole heartedly agree. The only other thing I could think to make it better would make the power ring turn easier. Then I could save some weight by leaving my pipe wrench at home.

Did you talk to Tangent Theta about it? If it is that hard to turn, you really should.

ILya

I haven’t yet, another owner told me his was stiff. So I assumed it was normal. I was showing it off to my brother-in-law and he was confused as to how to adjust it. It’s that hard to turn. It was fairly embarrassing to admit what I paid for it when he could barely adjust it. I’ll try to give them a call tomorrow.

Yes, it has never actually been tightened down yet. I have it mounted in some Burris XTR Signature rings and I only have them finger tight. I actually spun the scope in the rings when I went to adj it while my brother-in-law was holding the rifle. It was just easier to manipulate when it was off the rifle because I could wrap my hand around it.

Yes, it has never actually been tightened down yet. I have it mounted in some Burris XTR Signature rings and I only have them finger tight. I actually spun the scope in the rings when I went to adj it while my brother-in-law was holding the rifle. It was just easier to manipulate when it was off the rifle because I could wrap my hand around it.

You should definitely talk to Tangent Theta then. They feel pretty strongly about making sure that all of their products it there work right.

ILya

Reactions: JeffLebowski
    Any updates on these? I have a 6.5 SAUM being built and was thinking this would be sweet on top of it.

Anyone have anymore info on these? I sure hope that they are released in time for season

November is last I heard. Given the usual supply chain vagaries, I would not bet on too many of these getting into people's hands before December. I'll try to get my hands on one as soon as I can.

ILya

Do we have any idea if the H series will be restricted to that simple Mil crosshair that was shown earlier in the thread? Or will it be available with the newer reticles too?

As an aside, any idea when the MSR2 etc will be released for the M series? Or will only the P get the MSR2? I want one of these (either M or H) for my Fix, but I need the low end to actually be viable for where I hunt.

The Gen 2 Mil dot variant seems to have 1 mil thick stadia, which I assume would be very usable. MSR2 I believe has .70mil stadia. If it were up to me they’d be atleast 1.5mil thick to be frank...
    Thank you gentlemen
    @koshkin @orkan

The Hunter will get the simpler reticle that was originally posted in this thread. I do not know whether there will be other options.

Similarly, I do not know which models will get which reticles. I assume TT525P will definitely get all of them.

ILya

Reactions: Just Macca
    The Hunter will get the simpler reticle that was originally posted in this thread. I do not know whether there will be other options.

Similarly, I do not know which models will get which reticles. I assume TT525P will definitely get all of them.

ILya

Okay, thank you. I’ve only seen MOA pics of the H. I’m assuming there’s Mil too?

Dammit, I was really hoping to run one before Christmas.... maybe next year

Still thinking a shot show debut with them being available at that point?

I’m excited... I hope it weighs less than the current M series. But I’m guessing that’ll be a no.

Anyone know if it's at SHOT and if it will actually be available for purchase this time around?

My guess is tangent didn't go through with it for some reason? I wasn't at SHOT but I do not see anything about it being posted anywhere.

Does anyone know if tangent put the brakes on and decided not to do this model?

My guess is tangent didn't go through with it for some reason? I wasn't at SHOT but I do not see anything about it being posted anywhere.

Does anyone know if tangent put the brakes on and decided not to do this model?

It is coming. They are down to one last hurdle to deal with, so it shouldn't be too long.

Ilya

Reactions: ZG47A
    Any word on this H version? Been patiently waiting for well over a year since the rumors started. Just checking to see if anyone had any further info on this. If it wasn’t at shot show I’m guessing it’ll be another year.