• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tangent Theta scope broke today?

M5NSX

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Well the scope still works but something inside broke and is easily visible inside the scope. You can also hear it rattling around with a little shaking. I was shooting 308 suppressed when it happened. This is the 525P with Gen 2XR reticle in an Era Tac Mount. I know Tangent is great with their customer service but such a hassle. A couple pics although not the best with my old phone. Ugh...
AD184060-AED6-42AD-ABC3-E664027CF33E.jpeg

28632A72-3C03-4B1E-AE46-BD01DF61F7E0.jpeg

Looks like a lock ring typically used to secure a lens. Could also be used to double up a lock ring the same way you double nut a fastener if you don't want it coming loose.

It clearly one of the features. “Scope inside a scope.”

Also, the rattling is all the poor peasant souls tangent uses to make the scope trying to escape. It takes souls of three Athlon and one IOR owner to create one tangent theta optic.

Whats this? A tt and a nf down in the same week?? Lol sucks op hope they fix it fast and painless

Reactions: 1J04
and here I thought you dropped it in a ravine or over the side of a cliff send it back they fix a few weeks It will be all better . that or they laugh at you saying Its your fault and they will not fix it .

Surely you can get a IOR for replacment , inside lens retaining ring falling of from imense recoil of .308 man that sure is tough .

Last edited:
Yes it is a Ritter & Stark Rifle/action. Armament is already all over it. They send out the UPS call tags for the return to Canada. Have a bunch of customs forms to sign and include as I did it last November for this scope as the illumination feature stopped working. Maybe they will just send me a new Gen 3XR?????

2 failures??? I thought the price included self repairing technology. That would be sweet the gen3 xr is nice

Yes it is a Ritter & Stark Rifle/action. Armament is already all over it. They send out the UPS call tags for the return to Canada. Have a bunch of customs forms to sign and include as I did it last November for this scope as the illumination feature stopped working. Maybe they will just send me a new Gen 3XR?????

and here I thought you dropped it in a ravine or over the side of a cliff send it back they fix a few weeks It will be all better . that or they laugh at you saying Its your fault and they will not fix it .

I could see that too if I did drop it but I baby the shit out of it. I’ve fired it with the 300WM and 338LM barrels without any problems. Shit happens. Armament who owns Elcan and Tangent are really good and quick with their service. Unfortunately I know because I’ve sent this scope back once already.

2 failures??? I thought the price included self repairing technology. That would be sweet the gen3 xr is nice
[/QUOTE

Technically the third. I bought it here and the original owner sent it back because the turret didn’t line up exactly. I think I qualify for a new scope!!

• Sad
Reactions: Tunnuh
Maybe they'll let you credit it for 1k towards a new one like the premier scopes. You know, after they check the list to see if your scopes serial number is eligible for warranty or not.:eek:

Reactions: RTH1800 and D_TROS
Maybe they'll let you credit it for 1k towards a new one like the premier scopes. You know, after they check the list to see if your scopes serial number is eligible for warranty or not.:eek:

I contacted them late last night and I already have the UPS shipping label to send it back. They will take care of it. I’ll suggest sending me a new one......

Reactions: gconnoyer
I contacted them late last night and I already have the UPS shipping label to send it back. They will take care of it. I’ll suggest sending me a new one......
I'm sure they'll take care of it, I'm just busting on TT that's all.

Reactions: M5NSX
How in the hell do you do enough shooting in one week to break 2 scopes??? Obviously you don't understand how this safe queen thing works...

I have no safe Queens...if it doesn't get shot, I don't own it. But I'm just ribbing the TT and nf fan boys because an atacr went down in another thread too this week.

Seriously though after looking through your TT it's got me putting a genx3r on the list ?

Last edited:
Didn't NF have some hiccups with the zero stop on some NX scopes recently? Something about messy thread cutting on the turrets IIRC.