• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tango Down Bipod ups and downs

Vmax

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2014
Anyone have any experience with the Tango Down Bipods? I am looking for a decent bipod for my Whit Oak Armament 20" varmint 5.56 upper and I'm leaning towards this bipod. I will most likely be shooting off of a bench more so than prone (As I have a portable bench). Mostly steel and paper targets, but might use this setup for Prairie Dogs in the future. I apologize if this has been gone over before, but after searching the forums for a half hour, I haven't found much on this particular product. Thank you for any input, good or bad.

I had the privilege of testing one out when I did a review on QD Bipod mounts. It's a fine design, but it's not on the same level as Harris or Atlas. I think it's a decent option for a bench, but it wasn't good enough to convince me to abandon my Harris. Not even close.

I've used the Tangodown for several years and love it.

Solid mount and the legs are polymer. The beauty of the design is that the legs fold back toward the receiver, and the feet are notched for a perfect fit against the rail. While stowed, the weapon still has a comfortable feel while carrying. There are no sharp edges or springs to snag or get in the way. No problems with cant or traverse, and solid enough not to flop around.

The downside is that the mount is secured with allens - which are solid but a tool is needed, the feet may not grip as well on a bench, and the legs are about 8 or so inches collapsed and may need additional rear support. Maybe better for prone....

I don't see many of these around, but I get many touchy-feelies at the range.
I was going to use this on a precision system, but opted for an Atlas.

I've used the Tangodown for several years and love it.

Solid mount and the legs are polymer. The beauty of the design is that the legs fold back toward the receiver, and the feet are notched for a perfect fit against the rail. While stowed, the weapon still has a comfortable feel while carrying. There are no sharp edges or springs to snag or get in the way. No problems with cant or traverse, and solid enough not to flop around.

The downside is that the mount is secured with allens - which are solid but a tool is needed, the feet may not grip as well on a bench, and the legs are about 8 or so inches collapsed and may need additional rear support. Maybe better for prone....

I don't see many of these around, but I get many touchy-feelies at the range.
I was going to use this on a precision system, but opted for an Atlas.

If you want or need quick detach option for your Tango-Down ACB-4 Bipod try one of these American Defense MFG, LLC | Browse | Bipod Mounts | Tango Down Bipod Mount

All good info so far and thank you. I realize the Tango Down's feet (Although Textured) are hard polymer and not the best setup for hard surface shooting such as wood or concrete. I use a piece of rubber/foam sheeting or foam backed carpet on my portable bench, so even if the feet were hard spiked, I could accommodate. I'm not ruling out Atlas, but if the Tango down will do the job for a little less, why not? All I have read about it points towards being designed almost specifically for AR style rifles and that's just what this setup is, Here's a pic: SDC11505.jpg