• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC 30P-1 quality test by Short Action Customs.

Mgordon

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2007
Wellington, Ohio
www.shortactioncustoms.com
Shooters,

I have done this test multiple times with many suppressor brands and have noted that some are good, bad and ugly. Here is the test.

Barrel dialed in our lathe on the muzzle end. Threads cut concentric to the bore within .0001"-.0002". Next the barrel shoulder is squared up. We grab a suppressor and thread it up tightly and place a dial indicator in the muzzle end of the suppressor bore. In my opinion, one measure of the quality of a suppressor is how concentric the body, bore, thread and shoulder are. In this case we used a brand new Thunder Beast Arms 30P-1.

As you can see in the video, we only had .0025" of runout on the exit hole on the suppressor. In my opinion, this is excellent and just a testament of how well the crew at Thunder Beast does. Keep up the good work!

Mark

Thunder Beast Arms Corp 30P-1 Suppressor test - YouTube

Someday if the ATF ever approves my Form 4 I will have my Thunderbeast suppressors. I am really looking forward to that day. Zak, Ray and Shane are great guys to talk to and they all are serious, highly experienced shooters.

What others have to measured? I looked through your videos and didnt see any others. I'm curious how the others stack up.

Good news. GAP just called to tell me my rifle barrel is finished being threaded and I'm ready to try my new TB out.

It's a shame manufacturers don't add a locating diameter or conical profile to direct thread suppressors to improve alignment/runout. Looking forward to picking one of these suppressors up in the future for my .308. Heard nothing but great things about Thunder Beast

I have nothing but good things to say about my 30-p1!!!!!!!! Only regret is I didn't get one sooner!!!!! :)

A couple years back Mark checked a suppressor for me on a rifle. It was a SWR Omega 30. It was not nearly as concentric as a 30P-1.... I will leave it at that ;)

Could not be happier:

IMG_1841.JPG

I just had my local gun smith thread my GAP AR10 upper for my Thunder Beast can. He made the same comments. He sells cans and said the quality was very good. Better than some others and we will not get into names. He was going to look into stocking a few TB in the future.

Not so Long ago I ran this test on a 338 can made by one of TB competitors (I won't name them publically), and it failed miserably! Run out was around .040". I notified the owner, who had to come over and check it out for himself cause he didn't believe me at first, he then sent it back to the manufacter and all they did was slightly open the outer couple baffles and end cap, which in my opinion is a bandaid fix, but whatever I guess, the customer has since shot it and says he sees not ill effects.

This is the only one of their Cans I've had through my shop so far, but I hope the ones I have coming aren't like that one at least.

Got to shoot my TB 30 P1 yesterday and was very impressed. Accuracy was better than non suppressed however I also upgraded scopes at the same time. Since I had the suppressor I moved back farther from the target, much closer to several houses, and was able to shoot an 1.5"'group at 400 yards. I know that's not bragging size group but good for me. Very happy. No hearing protection and so far no complaints from the neighbors.

I'd agree with this too. My 700P LTR gets more accurate and holds smaller group sizes on average when my 30P-1 is installed. I shoot it with a brake when its not suppressed and it actually kicks less with the brake so its not a recoil related difference. I think its mainly just improved barrel harmonics.

For example I just got done doing a test where I was testing bullet seating depths. I shot six 4 shot groups in this test. I didn't want to spend the time to shoot 5 shot groups for each load but I hate 3 shot groups. That one extra bullet gives you a lot of validation where as one flier can blow your information gathering on a 3 shot group.

Anyway after shooting these six 4 shot groups I shot one 5 shot group with the suppressor and that group took a tenth MOA off my best of the previous groups. Final group was 0.333 MOA out of a Remington 700P LTR 20" bbl in an AICS. Makes it hard to complain. ;)

30P-1.jpg

~Brett

Last edited:
excellent. so, basically, you are telling us that this product is way above average. im glad to see that i chose wisely.