• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TBAC BIPOD

This bipod has me thinkin about selling my 2 Harris bipods and buying one of these with the extensions and feet. How far does it stick out off the rifle when folded compared with a swivel stud mounted harris?

About this much.

Attachments

• 331DFC9A-E927-4237-928F-837B1BA8A29B.jpeg
    331DFC9A-E927-4237-928F-837B1BA8A29B.jpeg
    514.7 KB · Views: 216
Reactions: chutinlead
As stated earlier, mine is simply out of reach because currently the only pic mounting surface is the spigot mount on the front of my MPA chassis. I have never shot competatively or under pressure, thus never having need to adjust bipod on the fly.
Earlier this evening i also tested the bipod on smooth concrete. Resulting in rubber feet simply skidding instead of rotating as you did. The rotation was happening on rubber to rubber contact at the range yesterday.

I found that I don’t really need to load the TBAC bipod. At least not like I used to with my Harris ones. I just pull the rifle into my shoulder and shoot. I also keep the tension loose enough that I can cant the rifle as needed with very little effort. It doesn’t cant on it’s own when the rifle fires. Maybe increasing your rearward pressure will help. But I also don’t shoot off concrete so maybe that’s why I’ve not had any problems out of it. It just works.

I am looking at picking up a set of leg extensions for the TBAC bipod. Is there any play in the extensions when installed or is it a tight lockup to the main legs?

Reactions: chutinlead
they are pretty solid.
There will be a little play just because of the extra length, but they are solid. Hope you understand what I am saying.

they are pretty solid.
There will be a little play just because of the extra length, but they are solid. Hope you understand what I am saying.

Thanks. I can deal with some play with the extensions, but would prefer to keep it to a minimum with the tight lockup of the legs which I prefer.

Just got one ordered through Euro...pretty excited.
I ordered mine from scopelist last week and it showed up in a Euro box. I love mine so far and I'm sure you will too.

Anyone got a set of leg extensions they find they don't use and want to get rid of?

I really want to try one but it's hard for me to justify $400 for it versus $280 (it's on sale) for an Atlas PSR.

Is it really worth 50% more?

I've been running one since the first batch was released. Mainly on an AX. Absolutely worth the money. For field use I don't see how anything else out there could be better. I had an issue with it I guess two weeks ago and emailed Tbac Saturday morning. Got a response from Ray directly very quickly then a barrage of emails later that afternoon from 2 others there. Every time I've had to contact them for anything has been an exceptional experience and unless they don't make a can that does what I need, I don't see myself taking my business elsewhere for that or a bipod.

Just bought an AX. This may convince me I need the TBAC bipod for it, was having a hell of a time choosing between this, the 5H, or the CAL

I just bought one there too and got just about the same deal.

I can't believe I just spent $400 on a bipod o_O
I justified it by selling a couple of my harris swivel bipods. It really didn't help by the time I bought some pictatinny rail sections to add to rifles with just the swivel stud. The TBAC makes my harris bipods look like chinese junk. It is NICE

I justified it by selling a couple of my harris swivel bipods. It really didn't help by the time I bought some pictatinny rail sections to add to rifles with just the swivel stud. The TBAC makes my harris bipods look like chinese junk. It is NICE

I hear you on the picatinny attachments.

I wound up buying 2 KRG Minimalist Spigot mounts and 2 of their aluminum rail sections for my Bravo's as well. The AI AT where the TBAC will reside has the samb300 spigot adapter on it, and the TRG-22 has the B&T spigot adapter on it.

Everything now has a spigot adapter on it except for the SRS A1 LOL.

If I really, really like the TBAC I may sell one of my Atlas PSR's and get another one. We will see as I really do like the Atlas PSR (I have 3 of them).

it's worth every penny!

I've seen a lot of guys on this thread balk at the $400 price tag... fair enough, $400 is a decent chunk of change.

However, the market for guys that would even think about buying a bipod like this are already putting $3000+ optics on top of $3000+ rifles, what's an extra $400?!?

ive used every Atlas currently on the market. they're good, solid bipods. I used Harris bipods religiously before that... again, well made, no frills, "get it done" type bipod.

I always had issues with some aspect of the harris or the atlas, and the TBAC (to me) gave me the best of both worlds AND took it a step further.

Play with the TBAC for a few minutes and you'll see why it costs what it costs.

Reactions: Solby
What are people using to mount their tbac to arca rails. I currently have a RRS BT SCLR Bipod clamp adapter. Not sure if this will work or if there are better options.
1600039314320.jpeg

What I'd like to see with these is an option for non-rotating feet. On the bench without really loading up hard it does rotate. The option of non-rotating would suit I suspect many of us well.

Reactions: Texascbr
What are people using to mount their tbac to arca rails. I currently have a RRS BT SCLR Bipod clamp adapter. Not sure if this will work or if there are better options. View attachment 7423126
I use the BTC-PRO on mine which I believe is the same thing with the screw clamp. No other adapters required. Make sure you have screws if you bought one without a clamp. If you got one with a clamp, you can use the ones in the pic clamp.

Not sure if this is by design, but I really like the amount of back and forth play in the bipod legs. It allows the rifle to recoil without causing the bipod feet to move in relation to the surface they are on. I have not had the feet rotate on me. Big fan of this bipod!

Do you need an adapter plate as well?
Uh...I *think * so...maybe. I've moved this clamp around on a couple of different bipods. It has been modified. Currently, on the TBAC it is direct mounted. It's attached with two screws and there is channel on the bottom that fits the bipod. I don't remember what it looked like new. Sorry. I've slept since then!

I do love this clamp. I like the lever much more than a screw knob.

Not sure if this is by design, but I really like the amount of back and forth play in the bipod legs. It allows the rifle to recoil without causing the bipod feet to move in relation to the surface they are on. I have not had the feet rotate on me. Big fan of this bipod!
I think I remember seeing something about this a few pages back and it's there by design.

I received my new TBAC and I am impressed. My Ckye pod is with another owner and I think I'm going to pick up a second TBAC.

Mine showed up today and my first impressions are kind of "meh" if I'm being honest.

I already miss being able to fold the legs backwards. I also find the removal of the feet to be more complicated than the Atlas PSR in which you just poke a bullet into the hole and remove each foot.

Being able to just pull the legs down is nice though.

I'm going to try to go shooting with it this weekend though to see if I'm completely wrong and will report back.

Mine showed up today and my first impressions are kind of "meh" if I'm being honest.

I already miss being able to fold the legs backwards. I also find the removal of the feet to be more complicated than the Atlas PSR in which you just poke a bullet into the hole and remove each foot.

I'm going to try to go shooting with it this weekend though to see if I'm completely wrong and will report back.
The removable feet system does seem a little complicated, but I have yet to get a set of the leg extensions and see how that works.
I guess coming from a Harris, this does all my Harris did, except better.

can’t you just flip the whole thing around if you wanted to flip the legs towards you?

Not on the clock, and don’t load it very hard if you do that.

Yeah I won't be flipping it around because having the legs collapse on me would be bad.

I'm not saying the TBAC bipod is bad. I'm just thinking that I prefer the PSR/CAL and I can get them for $120 less than the TBAC when I catch them on sale.

In reality selling the TBAC doesn't make financial sense so I'll probably just put it on my SRS A1 which I don't shoot very much and leave the Atlas bipods on my other rifles.

Well one of my bipod legs lost a lot of unlocking tension all of a sudden. I can just flick it open with no resistance but my right bipod leg is still super tight.

Well one of my bipod legs lost a lot of unlocking tension all of a sudden. I can just flick it open with no resistance but my right bipod leg is still super tight.

Do you think the spring broke? Did you have to send it back to TBAC for service?

i just picked up a TB bipod (with a dominus CB and dominus SR) ... taking it out tues. looks well made. Been running atlas (have 5 of em)

i just picked up a TB bipod (with a dominus CB and dominus SR) ... taking it out tues. looks well made. Been running atlas (have 5 of em)
Honestly I really like mine. It's currently on my axiom .308

Best description imagine the original AI, Atlas CAL, and Harris bipods combining to make one bipod.

I finally got a new TBAC Bipod. I have put it through a lot of shooting these past few weeks. About 400-500 rounds and a few matches.

I am impressed. I really like the springs in the legs and how they extend at each notch, not just when all the way in like a Harris.

The attached tension knob is perfect.

I am also a huge fan of the wide stance and easy to change out feet.

Now to get some leg extensions for this winters coyote hunting.

I shot a course in the mountains last month and finally had enough. My TBAC bipod found a new home and I hope the new owner likes it more than I did. There are some features that I think some people will like shooting PRS but the more I used it the more I am convinced the TBAC bipod just isn't particularly well suited for variable shooting in a lot of different conditions. The final straw was shooting 12 degrees downward off of volcanic rocks to 1400 yards and the rifle wanting to roll away. It just isn't my cup of tea.

I shot a course in the mountains last month and finally had enough. My TBAC bipod found a new home and I hope the new owner likes it more than I did. There are some features that I think some people will like shooting PRS but the more I used it the more I am convinced the TBAC bipod just isn't particularly well suited for variable shooting in a lot of different conditions. The final straw was shooting 12 degrees downward off of volcanic rocks to 1400 yards and the rifle wanting to roll away. It just isn't my cup of tea.
What made it want to roll away?

I just got a Cadex falcon lite. It's pretty dang stable. The only negative is that the cant adjustment is a little sticky, but it doesn't lose tension like my CAL did.

Spring loaded legs would be nice, but not a deal breaker. The legs deploy more easily than an atlas.

I finally got a new TBAC Bipod. I have put it through a lot of shooting these past few weeks. About 400-500 rounds and a few matches.

I am impressed. I really like the springs in the legs and how they extend at each notch, not just when all the way in like a Harris.

The attached tension knob is perfect.

I am also a huge fan of the wide stance and easy to change out feet.

Now to get some leg extensions for this winters coyote hunting.
It is like everything you were used to in a harris, just improved in every way. I snagged a set of leg extensions and claw feet for my deer rifle and they make it very useable in shorter grass out here in WY.

picked one up to replace an Atlas PSR based on recommendations from another thread. Very nice bipod

Reactions: Holliday