• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TBAC BIPOD

Point being, you likely shouldn’t be messing with the lever much. You set the friction where you need and leave it. Shouldn’t need to “release it.”

Yes, I know. I'm just some guy with probably some terrible technique but if I tighten the bipod, shoot a whole session, and then go to release the lever, it takes some effort (more than I, and others, think it should). The bipod is neither flopping from side to side nor so tight that it can't be moved. Also, taking off a taper mounted silencer causes the bipod to twist to one side so I then have to turn the lever from a different position than is otherwise optimal (over the rifle, bipod off the rifle, etc). I get it, you think I shouldn't have the bipod so tight but I don't have it tight enough that I can't still can pivot the rifle in the prone position.

The reason I bought the bipod is I wanted a durable bipod that could be set to loose when I wanted it loose and tight when I wanted it tight without shooting loose or tightening (on its own) when pivoting. For the most part that's true but the lever is short enough that it is hard tighten and to release. You're free to disagree with me but I have somewhat high expectations when I'm over $500 deep into a simple bipod (bipod, spiked feet, and mount).

I work in manufacturing and sometimes end users use a product in a way that wasn't originally envisioned (or intended), that doesn't necessarily mean they're wrong, it just means the manufacturer didn't think of everything. Maybe TBAC would like to make an accessory longer lever to sell? I assume they want to make some money. I'm not scared of another $25.

Does the Cyke Pod tighten?

I don't recall mine having a method to lock it up to prevent it from moving freely?

I need to go dig it out

It doesn’t. You can really crank it down, but it will work loose. Not bad though.

Are these things hens teeth? I’ve had one ordered through Mile High since July 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: chad 204
When I first got my TPOD and put it on I tightened it down and have used it for a couple of months. It never has come loose. It is still the same as when I first tightened it. My old Harris and Atlas did not do that. Now now don't yell at me. I love both of them and still use them. I just like TPOD better.

I had mine since mid summer and ran it hard in competitions etc and its been awesome.
I set the tension back in the summer and have never moved it since. It has never lost tension or needed to be adjusted.

Going from Atlas and having to adjust tension to never having to touch it is money.

Reactions: cro789
I just received my no-clamp version of Thunder beast bipod and Really Right Stuff SC-LR clamp with BTCA adapter. One problem / oversight is it didn’t come with the two screws it normally would to secure the ADM throw lever mount. The RRS instructions say to use the original screws when mounting the adapter to the bipod. Where did you guys get the replacement screws? I don’t see them on accushot’s or Thunder beast’s website.

I just received my no-clamp version of Thunder beast bipod and Really Right Stuff SC-LR clamp with BTCA adapter. One problem / oversight is it didn’t come with the two screws it normally would to secure the ADM throw lever mount. The RRS instructions say to use the original screws when mounting the adapter to the bipod. Where did you guys get the replacement screws? I don’t see them on accushot’s or Thunder beast’s website.
i dont think my no-clamp had any either, but i had some extras laying around from another mount or something

Yeah, I didn’t have any screws in my no-clamp either. Found the spec and got some from local shop. Guess I should have called TB

Does TBAC check their spam filter? I cancelled my order months ago after buying from Mile High but I keep getting email to pay for my order. I assume someone else on the waiting list would like to buy it.

I just got one from Mile High and can’t wait to try it out. I like the design, very cool operating mechanism. It’s light weight and super strong.

I put it on my rifle and did some prone dry fire and it feels great.

Just got mine yesterday and got the spike feet also. Really cool design. Super fast(albeit loud) deploy on the legs and has a good width to it. This is going to be my new hunting bipod.

Just got mine yesterday and got the spike feet also. Really cool design. Super fast(albeit loud) deploy on the legs and has a good width to it. This is going to be my new hunting bipod.

I've hunted with a prototype for a couple seasons; when hunting I usually extend the legs out especially when hiking in heavy brush. It's really easy to collapse the legs if needed once behind rifle. You can also silently deploy the legs from stow to 90 by holding the head lever down as you deploy each leg.

I've hunted with a prototype for a couple seasons; when hunting I usually extend the legs out especially when hiking in heavy brush. It's really easy to collapse the legs if needed once behind rifle. You can also silently deploy the legs from stow to 90 by holding the head lever down as you deploy each leg.

Thanks for the tips!

Can I mount this to an AG Composite stock that just has a sling stud, not a picatinny rail?

Just picked up one of these and I’m impressed with the design and execution.

Has the perfect amount of play in the legs and the spring tension in them is spot on.

The swivel adjustment isn’t an after thought and works as you’d think it should.

Never thought I’d be so happy about a $400 bipod.

Reactions: TBACRAY
Never thought I’d be so happy about a $400 bipod.

That sums up my thoughts as well.

As a life-long Harris user, it took quite a bit of soul-searching to drop this much money on a bipod. It's not like $395 is a lot in comparison to the total cost of my other gear, and it's impossible to dispute the importance of a good bipod. But it still took some of Frank's characteristic harsh-but-true language to move this to the top of the priority list.

The functionality of this is superb, giving up virtually nothing to the Harris in ease and speed of deployment. Once locked in position, it's solid but not "skittish".

The craftsmanship is also worthy of the price tag. It simply feels like the sort of precision gear that should be hanging under a $10k rig.

I hesitate to call this a "bargain", but in an industry where a simple piece of Picatinny rail goes for $100+ and a scope unimount can cost $200-400, this thing is indeed worth my hard-earned money.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
As I have been saying, Bipods matters,

The precision craftsmanship of the better bipods out there like the TBAC will add a positive effect to the recoil pulse. That will add to consistency from shot to shot, and increase your precision downrange.

It’s noticeable

I thought I was crazy for spending $200 on an Atlas from a Harris. Then couldn’t figure out why I hadn’t done it sooner. Same way with going from $200 Atlas to the $400 TBac. Have 2 Tbac bipods and love them.

As I have been saying, Bipods matters,

The precision craftsmanship of the better bipods out there like the TBAC will add a positive effect to the recoil pulse. That will add to consistency from shot to shot, and increase your precision downrange.

It’s noticeable
@lowlight will you do a quick video or part of a podcast on how and when to use pan on a bipod? Never had access to one to know if I would ever want it or not.

People use the pan for a variety of reasons, multiple targets, movers,

I am not a fan of the pan feature which is why it has been removed on a lot of these designs,

You just move your hips and the pan takes care of itself

Just picked mine up at Mile High this week.

Wow. I was still torn between buying another Atlas CAL or giving the TBAC a try, as I walked into the store. I held a TBAC, I left with a TBAC. Hard to get a feel for the difference from a picture or video. I’d recommend anyone get their hands on one prior to making a decision against it due to price. I feel it’s worth every dime I paid.

I Went to the range today and used my old bipod as my TBAC is on my other rifle. I can tell a big difference between the two. I really like the TBAC over the Atlas and the range trip confirmed it. One is more sturdy over the other and I believe it to be because of the pan feature. Just my opinion so don’t start screaming.

Dont have the right permissions to post in the MHSA section but wanted to say thanks to Mike @MHSA for taking my order for a TBAC bipod today. Super nice and helpful!

Reactions: cro789
How quick is this bipod to fold? Obviously it deploys quickly by just pulling on the legs, was wondering about closing them since there appears to be a button that needs to be pressed.

I use an atlas but carry a Harris at matches for stages where I have to deploy/fold on the clock. If I can fold this without fumbling with the button like the atlas, I won’t bother with the Harris. It looks like the button to close is on the same direction as the leg fold so I’m wondering if just pushing firmly on the button is enough to close the leg?

Anyone with one can speak to that? Or how quickly it folds relatively to atlas?

How quick is this bipod to fold? Obviously it deploys quickly by just pulling on the legs, was wondering about closing them since there appears to be a button that needs to be pressed.

I use an atlas but carry a Harris at matches for stages where I have to deploy/fold on the clock. If I can fold this without fumbling with the button like the atlas, I won’t bother with the Harris. It looks like the button to close is on the same direction as the leg fold so I’m wondering if just pushing firmly on the button is enough to close the leg?

Anyone with one can speak to that? Or how quickly it folds relatively to atlas?

Objectively, after owning/using both, I would offer the TBAC is "easier" and probably faster to fold than the Atlas. With the TBAC, it is a single depress of the button (assuming you are fully deployed, and not 45 degrees deployed), to bring the legs back up to stow. With the Atlas, you have to keep the button pressed down so it clears all the individual notches before they are stowed.

Edit to add/correct: Ignore my comments regarding the 45 degree deployment, you can fold it just as easy if you were at full extension.

Reactions: lennyo3034
Got mine in today.

Did those that ordered the NC version get mounting screws that came with it? I have an RRS mount, but neither that, nor the bipod came with fasteners?