• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TBAC BIPOD

Makes an already great bipod even better.

7jGD4rH.jpg
Is that the RRS SC-LR Lever Release? I don't see the B&T adapter plate that I thought was needed for the SC-LR.

Is that the RRS SC-LR Lever Release? I don't see the B&T adapter plate that I thought was needed for the SC-LR.

'Tis this

Reactions: Dobermann
Looks like the new ARMS-LR. Can't recommend it enough.

That's fantastic, thanks! I like that setup a lot better than the SC-LR plus adapter plate.

Why do places like Mile High sell the SC-LR / adapter plate kits if the ARMS-LR can attach directly to the bipod?

Looks like the new ARMS-LR. Can't recommend it enough.
Another thing to open my wallet for...

That's fantastic, thanks! I like that setup a lot better than the SC-LR plus adapter plate.

Why do places like Mile High sell the SC-LR / adapter plate kits if the ARMS-LR can attach directly to the bipod?
Cause the arms-LR is new. Sc-lr has been around for longer.

The ARMS-LR is the way to go, cheaper and no spacers, I am very happy with it.

Thanks everyone. I'm glad I made it to the end of this thread. I'm just getting ready to order this bipod and was set to get the SC-LR / adapter plate. This will be much better.

Reactions: tex68w
Apologies in advance for not reading the thread, but a family situation is keeping me busy.

I want to order a TBAC bipod for use on an AI AT-X, that has a built in ARCA rail. My intent is to order a TBAC without a clamp, along with a RRS ARMS LR. Would that be the correct setup? Anything else I may need like screws or anything? Again, TIA.

Apologies in advance for not reading the thread, but a family situation is keeping me busy.

I want to order a TBAC bipod for use on an AI AT-X, that has a built in ARCA rail. My intent is to order a TBAC without a clamp, along with a RRS ARMS LR. Would that be the correct setup? Anything else I may need like screws or anything? Again, TIA.
Yeah, annoyingly you will need screws. I don’t remember which ones. I really think one or both of the companies ought to provide them. Just call them to find out which ones you need.

Reactions: Defender3
Yeah, annoyingly you will need screws. I don’t remember which ones. I really think one or both of the companies ought to provide them. Just call them to find out which ones you need.
Recently picked up a new SC-LR clamp and screws were included that worked with my TBAC Bipod. My BTC-PRO clamp did not come with screws.

Last edited:
It comes with screws.

Recently picked up a new SC-LR clamp and screws were included that worked with my TBAC Bipod. My BTC-PRO clamp did not come with screws.

How did you get the SC-LR clamp to work with your TBAC bipod? Can you post a photo?

I ordered the SC-LR clamp & ARMS clamp but the website inventory had an issue on the ARMS. Now I’m waiting on back order.

I just haven't seen Ray post any new videos. They always have good information. Just miss them.

Reactions: Baron23
How did you get the SC-LR clamp to work with your TBAC bipod? Can you post a photo?

I ordered the SC-LR clamp & ARMS clamp but the website inventory had an issue on the ARMS. Now I’m waiting on back order.
My bad...I have the ARMS-LR clamp which is a direct mount, not the SC-LR.

Reactions: Kpchurch
I called Thunderbeast today for some questions. Excellent customer service as usual and very friendly. So yes, they are in business @cro789

Reactions: cro789
Glade to see everything is OK. I have several of your products and look forward to getting more. As you said in this day and time it seems the social media is trying to shut down the gun industry and the our freedom. Just got use to the videos and a way of staying in touch so to speak. Wonder if there is away that we might be able to set up a video section?

Can I ask if anybody is having any issues with the cant? Once I tighten the cant lever, and get on the rifle to adjust the it, I notice the cant will loosen up after a few adjustments.
(What I’m experiencing is, once u tighten down the lever and go to adjust the rifle. If you go cant the rifle a couple times, I notice the lever will loosen) unsure if this makes any sense

I checked my Harris, and it truly stays in place after I tighten it down to my desired tightness

Last edited:
Can I ask if anybody is having any issues with the cant? Once I tighten the cant lever, and get on the rifle to adjust the it, I notice the cant will loosen up after a few adjustments.
(What I’m experiencing is, once u tighten down the lever and go to adjust the rifle. If you go cant the rifle a couple times, I notice the lever will loosen) unsure if this makes any sense

I checked my Harris, and it truly stays in place after I tighten it down to my desired tightness
No mine stays locked up. I'm pretty sure that is one of the things that its supposed to do better than a Harris.

I set mine a year ago and have not had to change it. I set mine so the rifle stays in position unless I intentionally change the can’t with a bit of force. I use it on several rifles. It does not change by itself even under recoil from my 280 AI running a hot load…..

If it's not staying where you set it, send it in and we'll fix it. Not sure what's going on without seeing it. You might try putting one drop of lube between the two "pancake" discs just forward of the O-ring.

Reactions: Holliday
If it's not staying where you set it, send it in and we'll fix it. Not sure what's going on without seeing it. You might try putting one drop of lube between the two "pancake" discs just forward of the O-ring.
This is why I continue to support TBAC. Thank you sir, will try that first. Yes it seems like when I lock down the lever, it seems to “grab” the entire cant feature, not just what it’s attached to. Again, not an expert and poor explanation

See if you can send a short video to my email address. Not sure I understand what's going
Sent

Edit: I think I’m an idiot today…. Forgive me ignorance. I just realized the lever will move with cant but will return back to normal and it doesn’t actually loosen up. It’s that kind of day

Last edited:
See if you can send a short video to my email address. Not sure I understand what's going
Sent

Edit: I think I’m an idiot today…. Forgive me ignorance. I just realized the lever will move with cant but will return back to normal and it doesn’t actually loosen up. It’s that kind of day
Are you saying your bipod will move after its been locked down, but will return to the previously set position after you let it go?

Im not understanding.

@Zak Smith and the entire crew at @TBAC are amazing. this is why I continue to support them. it also helps that they turn out some pretty stellar components.

Sent in bipod for an eval, they payed for shipping both ways, fixed the issue all within 1 week. they called twice to keep me in the know. looks new, replaced items, and sent some extra TBAC paraphernalia. thank you very much, happy holidays

I’ve been using the TBAC bipod in PRS for the last year now, and it is by far my favorite. I’ve owned Atlas, Harris, Ckye, and I really like how stable and easy to deploy the TBAC is. A few things I would like to see in a gen2:

Both legs deploy and retract simultaneously. I’ve never been in a situation and can’t think of one, where I only need one leg deployed. It would be nice to reach up, pull one leg, and have them both deploy.

Also, a quick retract feature is something I’ve been looking for in a bipod for a while. Hence, this is why I still carry a backup Harris. It seems like in my region, the trend is moving towards shorter par times with more shooting positions. Having to reach up, depress a button, and retract both legs eats a little time. I imagine this could be solved if the legs deployed under spring tension and retracted with a lever of some sort.

Other than that, I think the TBAC is the best bipod on the market right now and well worth the $400 price tag.

To deploy both legs simultaneously span your hand so it touches (or is about to touch) both, and give them a smack. They will both deploy and then lock.
This is how I do it now, and don’t really have any issues with it. My thought was that if both legs were connected with some sort of linkage rod, it wouldn’t require any technique deploy. Just grab either one of the legs and pull. Plus it ties into the quick retract feature I mentioned.

This is how I do it now, and don’t really have any issues with it. My thought was that if both legs were connected with some sort of linkage rod, it wouldn’t require any technique deploy. Just grab either one of the legs and pull. Plus it ties into the quick retract feature I mentioned.
Problem is when you stow the bipod the legs are parallel with the bore. When you deeply they expand out at an angle. Now your connection has to expand as well. I leave mine set at the second groove and adjust from there if need be.

Problem is when you stow the bipod the legs are parallel with the bore. When you deeply they expand out at an angle. Now your connection has to expand as well. I leave mine set at the second groove and adjust from there if need be.
I was envisioning keeping the same design, just connecting the legs with a linkage rod and bevel gears. Maybe there’s a better mechanism for this, I haven’t started designing it. I’m just listing features I would like to see in a bipod. Like Zak pointed out, deploying them simultaneously isn’t really a big issue with the correct technique. The main feature I would like to see is a way to quickly retract the legs simultaneously. I’m not saying the way they currently retract is complicated, but I have fumbled with them while under time pressure.

I’ve also debated shaving down the notches that hold the legs when they’re deployed, that way I could slap the legs forward to retract them. However, I don’t want to ruin my $400 bipod and potentially have the legs collapse while I’m shooting. Maybe there’s a way to prevent the legs from collapsing when there’s weight on them, but would allow you to slap them forward after you pick up the rifle. I’m just spitballing ideas. I just would like an easier way to retract the legs other than having to reach up and depress a button on each one.

I’ve also debated shaving down the notches that hold the legs when they’re deployed, that way I could slap the legs forward to retract them. However, I don’t want to ruin my $400 bipod and potentially have the legs collapse while I’m shooting. Maybe there’s a way to prevent the legs from collapsing when there’s weight on them, but would allow you to slap them forward after you pick up the rifle. I’m just spitballing ideas. I just would like an easier way to retract the legs other than having to reach up and depress a button on each one.
You could mount it backwards for quicker retraction.
Edit: or maybe not. Coffee hasn’t kicked in yet.

I wouldn't advise shaving down the notches that keep the bipod deployed at 90degrees. It would make it so any reward pressure on the rifle from positioning or shooting would cause the legs to go into the stowed position.

Reactions: Holliday
I wouldn't advise shaving down the notches that keep the bipod deployed at 90degrees. It would make it so any reward pressure on the rifle from positioning or shooting would cause the legs to go into the stowed position.
I agree and also pointed this out in my previous post. The idea was to have the legs fold up in a similar way that they are deployed. That is, require a certain amount of pressure before they release. Again, the problem with this is that the legs could collapse with rearward pressure. This is why I suggested having a mechanism, such as having the legs ride up into a notch when the weight of the rifle is on them, not allowing them to collapse but still allowing for quick deploy/fold up when you pick the rifle up. Another thing I would like to see added is a double pull feature like the ckye pod. I’ve shot a handful of stages where having that was a huge advantage.

Was checking the bipod out for a hunting rifle, but I could not find the RRS adaptor plate. "page unavailable". Anyone have any luck with finding one lately?