• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TBAC BIPOD

You can also use the SC-ARC.
Using one on my TBAC. Works great!

This is a lovely clamp, but note that it's a couple ounces heavier and somewhat bulkier than the standard AD-170-S Picatinny rail clamp. I have one and like it a lot, but it's not what I would run on every bipod.

Reactions: deersniper
TB bipod has much smoother canting than the CAL. Fit and finish seem to be better too. I do wish the feet didn't rotate freely.

Reactions: HD1911 and Gil P.
I was concerned with the rolling legs but it has been a non issue for me. I had a lot of problems with the original Atlas with the legs rolling and having a hard time getting the bipod loaded and walking.

The TBAC with spiked feet has been amazing. My favorite is the legs just pull back, no buttons to push. And the legs extend under spring pressure all the way unlike Harris

Reactions: HD1911 and Gil P.
The tbac is much better than my cal. I still keep the cal around for second rifles and loaners but love my tbac
Atlas needs to redesign their CAL cant pivot, it sucks. I'd like to try a tbac, but I'm
TB bipod has much smoother canting than the CAL. Fit and finish seem to be better too. I do wish the feet didn't rotate freely.
That was the reason I sold my CAL. The canting function sucked. It will be nice to try the tbac when I get some money together.

I was concerned with the rolling legs but it has been a non issue for me. I had a lot of problems with the original Atlas with the legs rolling and having a hard time getting the bipod loaded and walking.

The TBAC with spiked feet has been amazing. My favorite is the legs just pull back, no buttons to push. And the legs extend under spring pressure all the way unlike Harris

Atlas needs to redesign their CAL cant pivot, it sucks. I'd like to try a tbac, but I'm

That was the reason I sold my CAL. The canting function sucked. It will be nice to try the tbac when I get some money together.
I added a washer between the lock nut and the lever after adjusting the locknut so that the cant tension was where I wanted it. This allowed me to cant it and the rifle stay in place but I'm also able to make micro adjustments to the cant while shooting without having to unlock the lever. It is very easy and works great. It just takes away the lock feature.

My TBAC bipod tilt would loosen under recoil and my CAL does not. That was a couple of years ago though so maybe something has changed.

I set mine a year ago and have not had to change it. I set mine so the rifle stays in position unless I intentionally change the can’t with a bit of force. I use it on several rifles. It does not change by itself even under recoil from my 280 AI running a hot load…..
Hey how did you adjust your cant? Just received mine, and the most “locked” cant position is still very loose.

From the online manual:

Cant Tension Adjustment​

1. Use the tension lever to adjust the amount of friction on the axle of the bipod. 2. The tension lever can be repositioned by pulling it away from the bipod base, towards the hex bolt head and then rotated to the desired position.

From the online manual:

Cant Tension Adjustment​

1. Use the tension lever to adjust the amount of friction on the axle of the bipod. 2. The tension lever can be repositioned by pulling it away from the bipod base, towards the hex bolt head and then rotated to the desired position.
Yea, I get that there is a lever. But even in the levers most locked position it’s extremely “canty”. Wondering if there’s a way to tighten the Cant further

Yea, I get that there is a lever. But even in the levers most locked position it’s extremely “canty”. Wondering if there’s a way to tighten the Cant further
pull the physical cant lever towards you, you can rotate the lever freely without it tightening or loosening the bipod, rotate the free lever counter clockwise, push the lever back into the bipod in a "locked" position, and then you should be able to further tighten the cant position

Reactions: Drivetacks
pull the physical cant lever towards you, you can rotate the lever freely without it tightening or loosening the bipod, rotate the free lever counter clockwise, push the lever back into the bipod in a "locked" position, and then you should be able to further tighten the cant position
^^^Exactly - it's a ratchet, but you have to pull it towards you to rotate it back and get another tightening swing on it.

Reactions: Drivetacks