• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC Fly9 and 300blk impressions?

Capri_Man

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2018
Washington
For those of you with the fly9, how does it sound on your 300blk pistol/sbr in the full configuration? Does it do well enough to not require stepping up to a larger 30cal suppressor like the tbac dominus or cgs hyperion?

Some dB data
8" bolt action 300 black, Subs are Ammo inc Stelth, supers are 110gr Vmax
Fly9 Short
Sub: 138.9 Muzzle
Super: 147 Muzzle

Fly9 Long
Sub: 130.5 Muzzle
Super: 135.5 Muzzle

Here's some feedback I got from a customer recently
The Fly 9 is easily far, far quieter to the human ear with .300 BLK subs from a 9??? barrel than my TDS Nocturnal is from a 10.3??? barrel.

And it only weighs 6.9 ounces with the 5/8-24 adapter in place of the booster.

My ear isn't good enough to give a comparison with supers.

My take on the Fly9 and 300BO is that it's what I choose if I want the absolute smallest/lightest package. Otherwise I usually shoot a Dominus

It sounds pretty good to my ears on a shorty 300 BLK bolt gun. Eventually I'll get around to a formal measurement, but it's not a priority at the moment.

PXL_20220801_182506236.jpg
PXL_20220801_182406886.jpg

In its long configuration can you shoot it with out ear plugs comfortably?

With subs, I'd generally say that this is OK. Really depends upon the environment, your ears, and the number of rounds sent downrange in a session.

Reactions: Capri_Man