• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors @TBAC - Have gun, will travel.

@Zak Smith @TBACRAY

Dear Silencer Gods,

What is it going to take in order for you fellers to make an SR-25 muzzle brake for the Dominus-SR series?

Thanks,
Everyone Everywhere

I feel compelled to comment on this, because I need a Thunderbeast SR brake for my SR-25. Rethreading is not an option for me.

I've read the odd person wanting the SR25 brake, but I don't think I've seen even a dozen. It probably doesn't make financial sense to cater to us, but I really do want one even if it is a one time low production. I'm willing to throw down $500.

I'm holding a cert that I'm about to redeem for a Dominus and I too will need a brake in SR-25 3/4" pattern that indexes off the crown.... in about 16-18 months :(

If it were "everyone, everywhere", we would make them. I mean, we make M15x1 CB brakes :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

In reality we've had maybe a half dozen requests over the last 5 years.

The only way this is might be feasible is if we had a sustained number of requests to justify another brake SKU and then we did an "untimed" SR brake with an internal shoulder (like our untimed CB brake), so people weren't messing with "internal" peel washers or shims.

There are a number of companies we love that still make things that are nonstandard to the rest of the industry and complicate suppressor use-- like muzzle threads that are 0.7" or longer, or jam-nut muzzle setups, or no relief cuts (and too big of root radius), and some that we don't love that do the same, like every hunting rifle manufacturer who thinks it's a great idea to use 0.5" or smaller threads on magnum hunting rifles, or ship anything with a BOSS, EVER.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
If it were "everyone, everywhere", we would make them. I mean, we make M15x1 CB brakes :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

In reality we've had maybe a half dozen requests over the last 5 years.

The only way this is might be feasible is if we had a sustained number of requests to justify another brake SKU and then we did an "untimed" SR brake with an internal shoulder (like our untimed CB brake), so people weren't messing with "internal" peel washers or shims.

There are a number of companies we love that still make things that are nonstandard to the rest of the industry and complicate suppressor use-- like muzzle threads that are 0.7" or longer, or jam-nut muzzle setups, or no relief cuts (and too big of root radius), and some that we don't love that do the same, like every hunting rifle manufacturer who thinks it's a great idea to use 0.5" or smaller threads on magnum hunting rifles, or ship anything with a BOSS, EVER.

You tell me what quantity is needed to place an order and I’ll buy every single one of them personally. I’ll take on the risk for you 🍻

I’m not saying there is more demand than 5/8x24 threads. I’m just asking for an SR-25 specific CB and SR muzzle brake option.

Ok, we're talking about it.

That is great to hear Zak, hopefully you guys decide to do it. I’ve got two Ultra cans I can’t use on my SR25, which is a bummer. Barrel rethread not an option so I’m lugging around a Surefire SOCOM can.

Really the only thing keeping me from ordering a Dominus K SR is a lack of SR25 mounting options.