• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC PISTOL CAN - THE FLY 9

Zak Smith

TBAC Guy
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Ok, the info is live:

D465_5352_img.jpg

D465_5318_img.jpg

This is what happens when guys who have been making ultralight ultraquiet rifle suppressors for over a decade turn their attention to 9mm:

A pistol can that’s only 7 inches and 7.9 ounces, but meters with the best 9mm cans on the market, all of which are larger and heavier.

Then you can remove the module and run it in “short” mode, which is tiny — 4.4″ long and 5.5 ounces. Put that on a Glock 43X and you have a suppressed pistol package that is actually compact and still very quiet with 165gr HUSH.

Oh, and it’s rated for 300 Blackout subsonic (min bbl 5.5″) and 300 Blackout full-power (min bbl 8″).

Did I mention 350 Legend? It’s rated for that too.

It’ll eat a combat load from your 9mm subgun for breakfast and ask for more.

FLY 9 PRODUCT PAGE FOR ALL SPECS

** Not taking orders until SHOT starts **

D465_5332_img.jpg

D465_5359_img.jpg

What's on the muzzle of your Uzi?

If it's 1/2-28, you can use it as-is and replace the spring in the booster with the fixed barrel spacer. If it's another thread, you can use a compatible piston and our fixed barrel spacer. If it's something else, or tri lug, you can just get the mount adapter you need, the rear end is standard "booster" threads.

Reactions: deersniper
What's on the muzzle of your Uzi?

If it's 1/2-28, you can use it as-is and replace the spring in the booster with the fixed barrel spacer. If it's another thread, you can use a compatible piston and our fixed barrel spacer. If it's something else, or tri lug, you can just get the mount adapter you need, the rear end is standard "booster" threads.
I live in Cheyenne so I could bring it by and discuss options?

I like it, especially the 4.4 inch short mode, that’s gonna be easy to conceal/carry in a fanny pack or chest pack.

@Zak Smith

Does this have a standard mounting thread size, I.e. can I buy and install a SiCo tri lug mount? Or is there going to be a TBAC tri lug?

How is the blowback on PCCs? I shoot lefty, so my face is right by the ejection port and most 9mm cans seem to noticeably increase the gas coming out the port.

Thanks, looks f’ing awesome!

Zak can you help me understand why the long 9mm pistol configuration is 141dB at the ear, and the short is 138dB? Shouldn't the longer config be quieter?

I put a 30BA in jail and buy 7 brakes.... 2 months later you come out with the CB version.

I put an Obsidian in jail 3 months ago.... you come out with this.

Are you conspiring with my ex ???? 😭

You guys rock! Keep up the good work!

@Zak Smith

Does this have a standard mounting thread size, I.e. can I buy and install a SiCo tri lug mount? Or is there going to be a TBAC tri lug?

How is the blowback on PCCs? I shoot lefty, so my face is right by the ejection port and most 9mm cans seem to noticeably increase the gas coming out the port.

Thanks, looks f’ing awesome!
It uses standard booster threads. I'll have to check with the guys what that spec is, but during testing we used other trilugs, boosters, etc.

I don't have any way to quantify blowback but we were shooting mag dumps on a CMMG 9mm upper on one of our M16 lowers and the gas wasn't crazy.

It uses standard booster threads. I'll have to check with the guys what that spec is, but during testing we used other trilugs, boosters, etc.

I don't have any way to quantify blowback but we were shooting mag dumps on a CMMG 9mm upper on one of our M16 lowers and the gas wasn't crazy.
1 1/8 - 28tpi

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Zak can you help me understand why the long 9mm pistol configuration is 141dB at the ear, and the short is 138dB? Shouldn't the longer config be quieter?
Yeah, look at the entire row for 9x19 pistol, full power, everyone has the EAR right around 141-142, a quieter MSL, and a MSR somewhere in the middle. This is because a full size can has a lot more port pop-- that's the 141-142 dB. The MSR position is halfway loud because the ejection port is on the right. The MSL number is quietest because it is shielded from the port pop because there's no ejection port on that side.

I put a 30BA in jail and buy 7 brakes.... 2 months later you come out with the CB version.

I put an Obsidian in jail 3 months ago.... you come out with this.

Are you conspiring with my ex ???? 😭

You guys rock! Keep up the good work!
No problem, just think about what you want to do in 6 months and always do it NOW

Reactions: E. Bryant
If you want "24" / Hollywood quiet in a super short can, just shoot HUSH/STELTH through this can. It is actually reasonably quiet and only adds like 4" to your pistol. We didn't meter on the 43X but it sounded very quiet to me, like shootable, and I've shot a lot of 9 cans w/o ears.

Reactions: deersniper
I gave up a long time ago with TBAC. Its just easier to order the new can the min it comes out, get it when you get it and shoot away. Its not always the cheap route but what the hell. On a side note, where are those FLY9 videos we were promised :)

Mine showed up while I was off at Scout camp this week. After a bit of fondling this morning, I can confirm that Rugged Obsidian accessories fit.

@Zak Smith @TBACRAY Is it safe to assume that the same caveats apply that you've previously stated with regards to the use of 3rd-party accessories?

As a side note, props to including a fixed-barrel spacer. And thanks for using common pistons; I received a SilencerCo AC1756 this week and so I'll be trying this thing out on a G43X and G48 this weekend.

Reactions: kthomas
@Zak Smith @TBACRAY Is it safe to assume that the same caveats apply that you've previously stated with regards to the use of 3rd-party accessories?
Yes. Damage *caused by* the third party part wouldn't be covered under warranty, but can be repaired at shop rate. This is just because even if we "checked out" a small sample of something, it doesn't mean they can't change how it's made or have a part defect. On that note, all the Rugged pistons we have here, have been good -- I use those for all the weird metric thread barrels. I've used the Silencerco and KVP tri lug and they both fit and work well with the Fly9.

PXL_20220801_182506236.jpg

Although this wasn't my intended use for the FLY, it also sounds good with subsonic 300 BLK. I'd want earpro for extended shooting sessions in the "short" config, but it'd be fine for hunting.

In case anyone is wondering, that's a Plan B Omega 9K mount with a Rearden single-port brake.

And yes, my van is dirty.

And here I bought a 338 Ultra for my 300BO bolt gun.....🤣

Can confirm that can also works really well on 300 BLK. It's a bit like using my van to pick up a gallon of milk. The FLY is kinda like cramming that gallon jug into the passenger's side footwell of a Ferrari.

The 338 is so big but oh so quiet.

I like running the 338U on my 26" .223 bolt gun - I know the bullet is like a hotdog down a hallway but the uncorking pressure is so low that there likely isn't much "jetting" occurring and so it's damn quiet. The end result is a suppressor that sounds like what newbies expect.

On the FLY front, I tried a Rugged 3-lug mount with this can and my CMMG Banshee, and didn't feel great about the lock-up. Everything is dead-center, but there's enough play in the mount that I can get the can off-center to the point of contacting the alignment rod with only moderate finger pressure. Haven't yet root-caused the difference between this setup and the same mount on an Obsidian, and it's not really a priority. I'll come back around after I get bored with running this on a pistol, which may take a while.

The Rugged tri-lug doesn't have anything that really keeps its endcap straight with the trilug sleeve part, other than spring tension. If you disassemble it and compare it to the SilencerCo o KVP ones the difference is fairly obvious

Last edited:
The Rugged tri-lug doesn't have anything that really keeps its endcap straight with the trilug sleeve part, other than spring tension. If you disassemble it and compare it to the SilencerCo o KVP ones the difference is fairly obvious

Yeah, I just took a look and it's pretty obvious that the Rugged adapter depends upon the piston cylinder ID inside the can to support the tri-lug sleeve. The Obsidian cylinder is substantially taller than that of the FLY, so the sleeve simply doesn't make contact in your can. No biggie; I'll get a SilencerCo or KVP adapter on order at some point or maybe machine my own replacement sleeve with a bit more length (my eyeball says that 3-4mm more would do the trick).

Any specs you can share on the Fly 45? Diameter, caliber rating, etc...?