• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Tbac ultra core upgrade

EXTREMEPREJUDICE

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2008
SE MICHIGAN
Well I just shipped off my two 30P-1's to TBAC for the re-core upgrade and changing from direct thread to the Compact Brake system. It's kind of difficult to imagine they can be improved upon but the crew at TBAC have always exceeded my expectations so we'll see? Of course, I have to pony up for 5 brakes but I guess the solution for that is not to have as many .30 cal rifles...........not!

With the new Ultra core in your 30P-1 tube you will be about 5 dB quieter. You should be able to notice that without a B&K 2209. You will also notice a weight loss when you pick it up

If you're not into collecting the legacy stuff send it.

What's the cost to upgrade

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

I def going to send in my 30p1 and 30ba in for the upgrade. Going to keep the direct thread for my 30p1 but want the CB (if possible) for my 30ba. my ultra 7 is awesome, I can't imagine how freaking good my "ultra 30p1" will sound

Wow, just looked at the price of the recore and the cost to switch brakes on my rifles with my 30BA, ouch. I guess I shouldn't be shocked as it is completely new internals that need to be machined from new metal, labor, etc.Maybe later this year.

Yea, price is a turnoff. Wish it was 50% cost of can not nearly same cost. Wish in one hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ZombieMonkey
Yea, price is a turnoff. Wish it was 50% cost of can not nearly same cost. Wish in one hand.

It really made sense for me personally. I have two 30 cal cans but if I purchased two Ultra's then I would have four with the two 30P-1's probably never being shot again. Selling a used suppressor is so cumbersome and the return is so low that I would never make the effort to do it. This way I can upgrade to the Ultra core and convert to the CB attachment system and as Digital has pointed out will only take a couple weeks verses the several month long transfer approval process. Overall it's a winner for me.

Was great for me too. Really made a lot of sense and grabbing 3 less decibels in sound abatement will be very cool

i have several rifles with CB mounts but went with the ultra 7 because my purchase was only last year. i assure you, you will be happy with the end result from the TBAC upgrade
300WM

just make sure you clean the CB mounts every once in a while certain calibers can get alot of gunk on the cb mount and makes it nearly impossible to remove

Can the 30CB9 be upgraded? How much would it cost? It already uses the CB brakes, I already have several. I understand the Ultra is 5dB quieter than the 30CB9 also, is this true? Would I benefit from the upgrade?

yes you will benefit. as long as lighter, quieter and stronger are beneficial to you.

I finally got off the fence & sent my 30BA back for the upgrade. Have a 30CB9 & Ultra 7, and so wasn't using the 30BA enough to justify keeping it set up for the BA mount. Looking forward to getting it back so I can compare it to the other two TBAC cans.

Can I see a picture of a can that's been recored? Wondering if you can tell by looking at them, are they stamped or marked in any way that helps you determine it's been recored?

If it's fine with TBAC I'll post one up. Since you really can't see into the suppressor before the mod (at least I never took time to examine it much) I don't know that you can really tell that the core is different? After the upgrade the attachment certainly has changed and you better insight to what the core looks like.

Re-cored cans are not re-marked in any way. The only way to tell is to look inside, the baffles will have notches.

Pictures are fine.

w43aq6.jpgAdfYXi.jpg

Attachments

• zPpvfk.jpg
    zPpvfk.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 28
Any feedback on noise level redeuction from somebody having done the re-core? Worth it? Would love to re-core all of my TBAC cans, but need to somehow justify the cost...

You know I can't really tell you the difference as the original 30P-1 core had great sound suppression and I would have to run them side by side to really tell (if I could.) I know TBAC has done DB testing with the different core types and they say the new cores meter with greater reduction so you can bank on that. How much is discernible.............??

Got my re-cored 30BA back in a couple of weeks IIRC. It's gone from being a safe queen (I'd pulled all the BA brake/mounts on everything but a couple of DTA bbls so I could use my Ultra 7 on them) to very seldom being left behind when I head for the range. As was mentioned by the OP, there were some very good reasons to take advantage of the re-core program - in my case, it was having a can that was very seldom used, and re-selling one like that is a PITA, especially if you can't find anyone in-state to buy it. Whatever - I've used the 30BA/Ultra 9 on several rifles since getting it back, and now the poor old 30CB9 is turning into the safe queen of the three TBAC cans.... Kinda sad to say that, because the 30CB9 used to be the can I compared all others to.