• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC ULTRA GEN2 / DOMINUS LIMITED RECALL

Zak Smith

TBAC Guy
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
We have discovered a welding fault present in a small fraction of the suppressors in some batches of Dominus and Ultra Gen2 suppressors
that were manufactured in 2020.

We are recalling, for evaluation and, if necessary, repair, some batches of Ultra Gen2 and Dominus suppressors.

If a suppressor with the fault present is fired, one of the last couple welds may fail, causing it to lose, usually, the endcap and the
last baffle. If this happens, the suppressor is still easily repairable. Our goal is to intercept and test all suppressors in affected
batches, and repair those where the fault is present.

We have a fast, non-destructive method to test suppressors for the presence of this fault. All suppressors that fail this test will be
repaired or replaced depending on the "Form" status.

If you have a suppressor affected by this recall, please do not fire it until it's been evaluated.

If you have one of the following serial numbers, please proceed to https://thunderbeastarms.com/g2recall and plug in your specific
serial number to determine if your supprssor needs evaluation.

ULTRA GEN2 with serial number between C40001 - C42000

DOMINUS-SR, CB, and K-SR with serial number between C30001 - C42000
also C10001-C10013; C10075-C10079; C20615

FOR FULL RECALL DETAILS PLEASE VISIT https://thunderbeastarms.com/g2recall

Last edited:
Hey Zak,

This is amazing CS. Appreciate the email I just got and your post here. My Dominus K-SR is affected but still waiting on a form 4. Per your site, I will need my SOT/FFL to submit the paperwork and RMA the suppressor. Would it be easier to just wait for my form 4 and let me handle? thanks!

Hi,

To confirm, yes, if you are still waiting on the Form 4, the dealer is possessing it on a Form 3, and he would have to send it to us with his paperwork (Form 3 + FFL/SOT + RMA), and we'd return it to him, and then it sits as usual until the Form 4 clears.

Alternatively, you can wait until the Form 4 clears and you get it, and then send it in. In this case, you would submit the RMA and include your paperwork (DL + Form 4 + RMA), and we'd send it back to you directly.

It really doesn't matter either way, other than what is more convenient for your and/or your FFL.

Damn, my Dom SR is in the recall. Still waiting on my form 4.

Thanks for reaching out Zac - hope this goes smooth for all.

Reactions: Holliday
Mines included... literally just picked it up out of jail on 4/1/2021... haven’t even had a chance to hit the range with it...

have a dominus CB and SR in Form 4 jail - likely another 4-5 months before i can do much here.

Good customer service :)
Interesting I have seen another report of another brand that had a similar issue

Whoo not in the list! U2 s/n 3xxxx

Damn y'all are making a bunch of cans!

Thanks for the service Zak...

My Dominus will be on the way tomorrow.👍

If a suppressor with the fault present is fired, one of the last couple welds may fail, causing it to lose, usually, the endcap and the
last baffle. If this happens, the suppressor is still easily repairable. Our goal is to intercept and test all suppressors in affected
batches, and repair those where the fault is present.

We have a fast, non-destructive method to test suppressors for the presence of this fault. All suppressors that fail this test will be
repaired or replaced depending on the "Form" status.
Interesting that they say easily repairable, but may be replaced depending on Form status. If they replaced it that would start the clock all over again. Waaaaaah!

So do we ask for a RMA and you send a shipping label to our holding dealer for those of us awaiting Form 4?

Interesting that they say easily repairable, but may be replaced depending on Form status. If they replaced it that would start the clock all over again. Waaaaaah!
The intention here is to repair all the ones that already have a Form 4 filed because they can't be easily replaced, and comp the end users who are stuck in this situation and end up with a can with a minor weld mark. The ones that are still sitting in inventory on Form 3's can be swapped out for new ones with a couple of Form 3's. But this only applies to units that fail our inspection/test, which will be a very small fraction of them.

Regarding the RMA form - what is the "Approved Form 4 Number"? Is this the 2021xxxxx number from the cover page? I know I'm gonna feel dumb when someone points out what is probably obvious to the blind, but I've been staring at this thing for the past several minutes and cannot figure out what's being requested.

I got the email last night. Going to forward it to my SOT since they just cashed my check on March 5th. Not going to keep me from using it since I probably have 6-8 months before my stamp is approved.

We need the RMA to be from the entity that currently possesses it. In your case that would be the dealer.
OK. So I need to call the Entity and ask them to ask you for a RMA and you will direct them to a downloadable return shipping label? Can they call you to make it more simple (Phone number please)? My Entity turned out to be rather grumpy with the initial transfer and I don't like doing business with them.

Awesome customer service Zak! My serial # has not dropped yet, so I’m not included but this just gives me more peace of mind knowing you guys are on top of things like this. Best CS in the industry!

Regarding the RMA form - what is the "Approved Form 4 Number"? Is this the 2021xxxxx number from the cover page? I know I'm gonna feel dumb when someone points out what is probably obvious to the blind, but I've been staring at this thing for the past several minutes and cannot figure out what's being requested.
Yes, that's fine

OK. So I need to call the Entity and ask them to ask you for a RMA and you will direct them to a downloadable return shipping label? Can they call you to make it more simple (Phone number please)? My Entity turned out to be rather grumpy with the initial transfer and I don't like doing business with them.
If you want to babysit the process, you can fill out the RMA on their behalf, with their information, and then we'll send the shipping label to them. At that point all they'd have to do it include a copy of the FFL/SOT and their Form 3, and you'd include a printed out copy of the RMA, and send it off on the UPS label we sent. https://thunderbeastarms.com/g2recall

If they are super curmudgeonly, you can always wait and send it yourself, either way it will be a fast turnaround

Have can within range. Have shot 600 rounds through it, no issues. Shot more Wednesday morning prior to receiving the e-mail. Short 16" .308 and .223 semi auto. Is there a need to still return it?

@jackinfl I am in the same boat as you. I have 3 matches and as many range sessions with the Dominus and no issues. Probably ~400-500 rounds on it if 6BR and .308. Sent it in anyway this morning, best case it checks out and get it back soon with the assurance it won’t become a mortar anytime soon 🤣

It's possible for "easy" loads to not create enough pressure in the last baffle area to expose the fault, depending on some factors, so that's why we still want to do our inspection.

The vast majority of these are good, and it's an even better indicator if you've shot a bunch of rounds, but we still want to check them out 100%.

Posting my experience here. Shipped my Dominus-CB with the UPS label today. Will let everyone know when I get it back. Serial number in the 302XX range.

Reactions: jackinfl
This is a bummer but seeing how mine is still in jail I guess it won't change much even if it should need a repair. Now to get ahold of my FFL lol.

For "passing" cans, we are having to repaint about half of these that come in, to make sure they look perfect when they go out again. This may add a few days to the turnaround of some of them. Just FYI
Mine’s been there a few days. Do you just mail it back or should I expect a message?

Zak,
If a can fails can it not be destroyed and a new one made with the same serial number?

Zak,
If a can fails can it not be destroyed and a new one made with the same serial number?

i would think so, sounds like they need to just reweld
Reread post 24.
The intention here is to repair all the ones that already have a Form 4 filed because they can't be easily replaced, and comp the end users who are stuck in this situation and end up with a can with a minor weld mark. The ones that are still sitting in inventory on Form 3's can be swapped out for new ones with a couple of Form 3's. But this only applies to units that fail our inspection/test, which will be a very small fraction of them.
Also I think destroying and recreating with the same serial number is a big no no according to the ATF.

From the nfa handbook appendix b pg 177 according to the internal numbering. Note below is copied from the pdf and has some weird formatting. https://www.atf.gov/firearms/national-firearms-act-handbook
" Q4: If the outer tube is destroyed or damaged beyond repair, may it be replaced?
A: Unless the outer tube is replaced by the manufacturer prior to its removal from the manufacturing premises for purposes of sale or distribution (see Q6), the replacement of the outer tube amounts to the making of a new silencer. For the registered owner to fabricate a new outer tube, he or she must submit an ATF Form 1, Application to Make and Register a Firearm, pay the making tax of $200, and receive
ATF approval. The application to make should indicate that the new tube is being fabricated for use in replacing a damaged outer tube on a registered silencer, and the application should indicate the make,
model and serial number of the registered silencer. It would be helpful for the applicant to include a copy of the approved registration for the silencer. Assembly of the newly fabricated tube with the other
parts of the registered silencer does not require an additional application to make nor payment of another making tax, as the one Form 1 will provide permission to fabricate the new tube and to assemble it with the old silencer parts. The replacement tube must be marked in accordance with 27 C.F.R. § 479.102. The registrant may use the same serial number that appeared on the damaged tube.

If the registered owner wishes to acquire a replacement tube from a person other than a qualified manufacturer, the replacement tube must be registered as a new silencer by the other person and transferred to the registered owner in accordance with the NFA and GCA. The other person must
submit an ATF Form 1, pay the $200 making tax, and receive ATF approval to make the replacement tube. The replacement tube must be marked in accordance with 27 C.F.R. §§ 478.92 and 479.102. The
other person would then transfer the replacement tube to the owner of the damaged silencer, subject to the transfer tax, in accordance with the NFA and GCA. The new tube may be then be assembled with the other parts. The original damaged silencer should be reported to the NFA Branch as destroyed.

Alternatively, a qualified manufacturer may replace the tube, report the manufacture on ATF Form 2, Notice of Firearms Manufactured or Imported, and transfer the replacement tube to the owner in accordance with the NFA and GCA. The transfer must comply with the $200 transfer tax and all other provisions of the NFA, as it would be a new silencer. The replacement tube must also be marked in accordance with 27 C.F.R. §§ 478.92 and 479.102. The required markings include an individual serial number and the name, city, and State of the manufacturer who replaced the tube. The replacement tube may not be marked with the name, city, and State of the original manufacturer of the silencer, as this would be a false marking. Although the new tube is a new silencer for purposes of the NFA, it would be a replacement firearm of the same type as the original silencer, and it may be returned directly to the registrant in interstate commerce in accordance with 18 U.S.C. § 922(a)(2). The original damaged silencer should be reported to the NFA Branch as destroyed. "

Last edited:
Reactions: cro789
Thanks for the heads up, I called my SOT and they said mine is clear and Good to go. aside from the whole tax stamp thing that is...