ULTRA GEN2 ANNOUNCEMENT

GordonsGarage

Dumbass, with a piece of paper that says I'm not.
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Sep 15, 2020
    KY
    At first I was like, 1.7 ounces lighter, what's the big deal?
    Then realized in perspective that's 20%, pretty impressive, may need another tbac soon.
    Also found 223 through 6.5 bore was the same db interesting, would like to see a 223 through 30 number, I'm sure I'm not the only one that swaps my tbac can around.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers

el_chupo_

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 18, 2013
    Well, this is great news that sucks...

Im about 5 months into my wait on an Ultra9. I didnt think I would regret jumping on it when it came back in stock so soon.

Maybe after a bit of time with it, it will be inspiration for a Gen 2

bab029

Hammer Mechanic
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 16, 2011
    Louisiana
    The improvements are impressive, but I still grin every time I wack a deer with my u9 on a 16.5” 308. Fret not!
    Does make me want to get in line for a 5” to complement....

el_chupo_

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 18, 2013
    Thank you gentlemen, but no real concern here, just frustrating to not get the best version of a product when paying for (what was) the quietest of a product. Just the nature of a company working on improvements (thankfully), and the hassle that is the NFA. It wont be my first can, but I did opt for the U9 for the specific reason of it being the quietest option, and now it wont be...

I doubt I would be disappointed anyways, as I am not really a number chaser, so I'll certainly manage. Looking forward to another option to play with.

HansohnBrothers

Silencer Dealer
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Wondering this too. I have two Ultra 9’s (6.5 & 30cal) debating on whether to to get a Ultra 7 or Dominus CB next.... hell might just make the plunge for the 338 idk
    Just my opinion, I think the Ultra 7 is one of the best options out now. Smaller size, smaller price, just as good suppression, what's not to like?

HenryTheAce

Pushing Tin
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Sep 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Just my opinion, I think the Ultra 7 is one of the best options out now. Smaller size, smaller price, just as good suppression, what's not to like?
    Yeah been bouncing back and forth on which one to get. Smaller diameter on the U7 but a tad bit longer then the Dominus. Lighter by a hair. Only thing that has me leaning to the Dominus is the slightly shorter barrel length. I’m sure I can’t go wrong either way. Gonna hold out on the 338 ultra for hopes of a Gen 2 in R&D.

Last edited: