• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Night Vision Team Wendy Exfil comfortable?

Rotortuner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2008
WA, USA
ok so i finally got around to picking up a helmet. my setup is a pvs14 on dual dovetail, norotos aka2 mount on a xl team wendy exfil ltp helmet. i am not very impressed with the comfort. i like the mounts but it seams pretty front heavy. are you guys running rear counter weights with these? also it seams like the pads are pretty hard, seriously considering returning it and trying an opscore bump helmet. i thought i heard the opscore are better in the large size? any help would be appreciated.

It is much better than the OC. I can loan you a counterweight to try if you like.

Rotorunner, as I recently learned, the TW helmet is VASTLY superior to the OpsCore in several ways. I've had 2 of the Fast Base OpsCore helmets. Both of the plastic molded shrouds broke at the same place. The TW shroud is also molded in, but has a metal Wilcox insert that is not only stronger, but does not have the side to side wobbles I encountered with both Fast Base. Aside from the mount issue, the TW is much more comfortable. Someone (ex Army Ranger) on here kept telling me (non-mil, certified desk jockey) that the TW was more comfortable than the Fast Base. I couldn't believe it, couldn't really imagine a helmet more comfy than the FB. I tried to give the guy that's spent literally 1,000 times as much time in a helmet the benefit of the doubt, but just couldn't imagine it. Then I tried one. With the BOA thingy on the TW, I can run a single 14 with Rhino II Ti mount with a 12 or 16 oz counterweight without the chinstrap being engaged. Not something I'd even consider on the Fast Base.

And if something goes wrong with the TW, their CS is known to be A1, although I have never had to deal with them, and don't really expect to. The ExFil is the best I've seen, no thtat I;ve sen a bunch. OpsCore customer service consists of, well, as R. Lee Ermey puts it, they're the type of guy that wouldn't even give you a reach around. I'm getting ready to post some threads on my recent encounters with their alleged "customer service", complete with photos of the BS molded-in shroud.

I remember someone once telling me that wearing helmets is not about finding what is comfortable as it is about finding what is least uncomfortable. �� Having said that i own both, my preference is the Team Wendy. Something also that may help, that is not obvious, is you want the chin straps as tight as possible. The dial only snug. If your are getting headaches, it is not the helmet. It is your eyes fighting over which image to use, the blurry dark one or the pretty sharp green one. Hopefully, you will get over it with some time, but some people dont. Also, like anything else, you need to acclimate to it slowly and build up to extended time of wear. If you are not used to wearing a helmet and you strap one on for four hours straight it will be rough. A counter weight may help. Hope that helps.

GJ

Another vote for TW. A counterweight will help significantly.

As said above, helmets aren't made for comfort, get that out of your head now and you should be okay.

I rarely wear the chin strap with the TW while hunting. If I was going to do something all high speed and whatnot, sure I'd buckle it up, but that's not for crippled people anyways. I just counterweight it properly, snug down the BOA, and rock out. Life is so much better when you don't have a chinstrap, mainly because it doesn't smash your Copenhagen. First world problems....

. Life is so much better when you don't have a chinstrap, mainly because it doesn't smash your Copenhagen. First world problems....

Hahahaha...back in my day "John Wayne-ing" was not allowed. So out of habit i dont do it. I can see how the chin strap could be a problem while dipping...hehehe. The Team Wendy system is firm enough to do it though....good luck op!

OK thanks guys, i think one of the problems is that because i dont have a counterweight i have the chin strat way to tight and its pulling on my head, im going to rig up a counterweight and go from there.

any of you added the epic air pads? they make a difference or kind of a waste of money?

I have an ops-core non ballistic. I was getting headaches due to the hard (so called cushion) on the forehead section. I emailed TNVC asking if the Lux Liner will fit in the non ballistic, even though its labeled as ballistic. They test fitted one for me and said yes it will work. The Lux liner made a world of difference. I dont run a counterweight. Only the SOE battery kit.

Dont have any pics of the liner right now. Im offshore and cant get to my helmet to take pics. I can email you some if you need when I get back on Wednesday.