• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Teen fails 22 classes

There’s a lot of blame to go around. The student, the administration/teachers, and the parent all failed to fulfill their responsibilities but how much more parenting should teachers do?
Yeah, lot of blame to go around. Its the teaching part. They keep moving him to the next grade and the next when he did not meet the academic standard.

When I went to school ( a long time ago) If you didn't attend class, were disrespectful, didn't want to learn, you were removed form the school. You were sent to continuation school. The continuation school would try to get you to pass the GED exam and you were done with school.

The Teacher/Administrators clearly can't do their jobs . Asking them to do Parenting is out of the question.

My son's girlfriend graduated from college 2 years ago and got a job in Baltimore City. Her school was one of the better schools with higher than average grades for the kids and good parent reviews.

I believe she taught 5th grade. She lasted 1 year and quit teaching.

That's all you need to know about the Baltimore City school system. The kids were SO FAR BEHIND from where they should have been and she got no support from the administrators. She had to pass kids who couldn't do 3rd grade math and of course their spelling and reading comprehension was terrible as well.

She set up after school tutor sessions. Not 1 kid attended.

All the while, her administrators ordered her to pass the kids.

My DIL taught at a charter school right out of college. Loved it. When she and my son married and relocated, the only teaching position she could find was in a public school. She taught one semester and said, screw this. If you sent a child to the office for discipline, you had to provide witnesses (other students?). If somehow the administration took your side and the parents got involved, the problem generally "went away" and admin would apologize to the student and parents.

many public schools are that bad.
they are failure factories built to sabotage the futures of the poor so they have to rely on democrats.
this is the new democrat plantation.

That's a failure of the parent for not giving two shyts about their kids education. I don't care if she worked 10 jobs. That's no excuse for not keeping up on your kids education. If you had no idea your kid had an almost zero GPA, don't blame the system. If the school sucks, move. And as always, it's everyone else's fault...

That's a failure of the parent for not giving two shyts about their kids education. I don't care if she worked 10 jobs. That's no excuse for not keeping up on your kids education. If you had no idea your kid had an almost zero GPA, don't blame the system. If the school sucks, move. And as always, it's everyone else's fault...
possibly, but many parents don't give a shit and their kids end up at least graduating or are not allowed to keep advancing.

I know, they're a laughing stock in the state, but it's true. At 1 time they were ranked in the top 5.
Schools get fed money allocated based on free or reduced lunch counts. So the more fed money a district gets means the more poverty level kids in attendance.

What’s funny is the monies are allocated to the district and not the actual school — so what typically happens, at least in NW Arkansas, is you have a city where the popes are... then a ways over by the not-poors you see a high school with a super incredible gym and football stadium.

Every state does it differently, but I’ll bet the same thing happens there. Fed money comes in for the poors and gets spent where local political power is, which is not in the poors neighborhood because bitches who can’t read a report card for their own damn child sure as shit won’t be voting.

Schools get fed money allocated based on free or reduced lunch counts. So the more fed money a district gets means the more poverty level kids in attendance.

What’s funny is the monies are allocated to the district and not the actual school — so what typically happens, at least in NW Arkansas, is you have a city where the popes are... then a ways over by the not-poors you see a high school with a super incredible gym and football stadium.

Every state does it differently, but I’ll bet the same thing happens there. Fed money comes in for the poors and gets spent where local political power is, which is not in the poors neighborhood because bitches who can’t read a report card for their own damn child sure as shit won’t be voting.
right, and that is why they don't suspect or expel the kids...they just want the money.
with this kid, they can skim his funding for another few years, double-win!

they might not vote, but their votes are cast anyway.

right, and that is why they don't suspect or expel the kids...they just want the money.
with this kid, they can skim his funding for another few years, double-win!

they might not vote, but their votes are cast anyway.

They also get a ton of money when the kids have special needs. I'm sure they get money for remedial education programs too. There's all kinds of ways the school system can bilk the Feds out of money.

Gl99SWKr.jpeg