• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Telemarketer impersonating a Marine

Tamu98

Private
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2008
DFW, TX
I just got a telemarketing call trying to sell me Human Growth Hormone (HGH). I like to screw with telemarketers every once and a while and I actually had a little time on my hand. I'm actually a doctor and when I started asking relevant questions about HGH and their product, the telemarketer quickly put me on with her suppervisor.

The first time he mentioned that he was a Marine, I thanked him for his service, but still politefully continued to ask relevant questions about HGH. The 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5h time that he mentioned that he was mairne and how great his product was I began to get suspicious. He started to sound more and more scripted. He kept telling me how wonderful it was (it even cured the effects of Agent Orange) and how he was not trying to sell me anything because this stuff basically sells itself. One of my favorites was that his HGH was plant derived and had no side effects compared to animal derived HGH. Last time I checked, I fell into the latter catigory.

To finally shut this guy up, I told him that I would continue this conversation and even buy his HGH if he could answer one question.

What is the Marine Corps birthday?

Silence... "I know... Do you know? That's not what we are talking about now..." Blah, blah, blah, and more BS.

I never served in the military before going into medicine and I can honestly say that is one of my regrets in life. My father-in-law is a Marine and I have multiple friends that are Marines and they would proudly tell you the Corps' birthday. I can't believe that this guy had the balls to impersonate a Marine just to sell a product.

Never buy a product from Americare Health and Nutrition