• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tell me pit dwellers, why don’t you have a boat?

Growing up every outing ended up with my dad cursing at and kicking the damn thing. Realized then and there it wasn’t worth the stress. Enjoy going out knowing it’s not my responsibility. I’ll pay for gas, beer and back the trailer down the ramp, that’s about it

Reactions: nikonNUT
..Jesus take the wheel...

5374.gif

Chuck Norris again?

Because if it flies, floats, or fucks I rent it! I did briefly own an older 47ft Hatteras (inherited from my Dad) and slip rent was just shy of $10K a year and fill ups were about $3200 (held about 1200 gals of diesel). Loved the old girl but sold it and walked away...

By the time I went off to college, my dad had owned a Bertram 38 for about three years. Yeah, the money a mid size sportfisherman sucks out of you is insane.

BTW... Waiting for someone to post a pic of their boat with the 4 Seven Marine 627s hanging off the back!
627s.jpg

Yes, that's 2508 HP (they use the same 6.0L supercharged V-8 as the Corvette ZR1 did), they cost $68000.00 each with out the Volvo duo prop set-up , and I KNOW one of you bastards owns it! Fess up!!! :LOL:

P.S. That's a 43ft Midnight Express with a top speed of 90+MPH!

Last edited:
I have a boat.
Dagger creek boat.
I have taken it off 20’ waterfalls.

Only one I have now.

Used to have 1/2 of a 24’ sailboat on Lake Dillion.
That was the way to go as a single dude in CO. Im a decent cook. A nice dinner, wine, sail with sunset up there was pretty solid.

The other dude got pissy. He never could talk to a lady, let alone get them to do a sunset sail.
So you and another single dude in Co had a sailboat and would wine and dine at sunset. Cool story.

Have a bassboat parked outside, but wanting a few kayaks.

Was probably about 6yo when I learned to ski behind a 16ft owens with a 80hp merc. Looking back it was sorta a POS but we skiied a ton. Every summer, every weekend.

Later my sis had a crownline with a 350. Was a nice boat. Cant remember the length, maybe a 19 or 21...

Was heavy, she always made me drive the truck and put the boat in water.

Not sure why as an adult I never got one. Is a lot of work and somehow just no time.

BTW... Waiting for someone to post a pic of their boat with the 4 Seven Marine 627s hanging off the back!
View attachment 7417170
Yes, that's 2508 HP (they use the same 6.0L supercharged V-8 as the Corvette ZR1 did), they cost $68000.00 each with out the Volvo duo prop set-up , and I KNOW one of you bastards owns it! Fess up!!! :LOL:
Ain't me......I'm not the kind of (potential) owner that would have something like that.
First time fish guts got all over my boat......meh, I celebrated with a lukewarm Budweiser. The guy that owns this ? Full Retard meltdown.

Ain't me......I'm not the kind of (potential) owner that would have something like that.
First time fish guts got all over my boat......meh, I celebrated with a lukewarm Budweiser. The guy that owns this ? Full Retard meltdown.
You forgot window licking...

Better topic is...what type of light machine gun would you mount on the top? :)

View attachment 7417170

P.S. That's a 43ft Midnight Express with a top speed of 90+MPH!

GPH?

A lot of people have negative perceptions of boat ownership. And don’t get me wrong, when they require work, it sucks to foot the bill. But I will say that the best times we’ve had as a family have been on the boat. I don’t care what it cost... it has been 100% worth it!

worst thing is to let them sit! Let me know;)

That's true. I need to either sell it or bring it out to CO. Selling is more likely as our water is small for a boat like that and the season short. The motor is the hard thing to part with. It's unreal. 5500rpm is as smooth as glass and for all practical purposes in that hull the power is unlimited. I demoed a new Cobalt with twin 8.2L HOs and decided I liked the 272 with the blue motor better.

I guess the better answer would be, I don’t have the desire or passion for it to be my number one hobby to drop money on. I wouldn’t give up my hunts or rifles for boating and I can’t afford all.

I’ve had several from ocean boats to aluminum fishing boats and this is the first year I havnt had one in awhile. Got tired of sinking money into them.

I used to keep them on a mooring and on a dock and have had them break free from the mooring several times, break dock whips and dock lines.... it’s an uneasy feeling when you show up at the lake and your boat isn’t where you left it. I’ve also had one sink during a hurricane years back. I finally threw in the towel.
Gave up and bought a few hobie kayaks to putt around and do some fishing . It’s nice being able to drag them on land and not worry about them and far less maintaince and headache to deal with.

A lot of people have negative perceptions of boat ownership. And don’t get me wrong, when they require work, it sucks to foot the bill. But I will say that the best times we’ve had as a family have been on the boat. I don’t care what it cost... it has been 100% worth it!

100% true, great memories of skiing and trying to get thrown off a tube. I have a '87 Bass Tracker now in the restore stages, when I'm done it will be nice boat to cruise or fish.

Reactions: Bender
How about pickled pigs feet and a bunch of cold beer? 🤣

Does this rag smell like chloroform to you? 😎

Nurse I may be. Into dudes I am not.

We do have some darn good spots for fishin here. Creeks and lakes.
I use spinning gear too.
Or dynamite.
It’s ok, we are an inclusive group here. @gayguns is here all the time. Sunset cheese cruise sounds fun.

Easy

I have two friends with boats

I bring food, drink, extra cups and my knowledge

they pay the $6,000 annual slip fee
They pay the club membership
They pay the annual property tax - intangibles tax
They pay insurance
They pay registration
They pay for repairs and maintenance
They scrub the hull

they pay for a new impeller when they suck up sand from docking on the beach - just like in your pictures

I've had a few and just sold my latest a couple of months ago. It was a wake surf boat so I could indulge my old surfer dreams , on an endless wave, while living a long way from the ocean. We had a lot of fun with it, but between the long drives to the lake and my failing health, it was just too much work. It was an expensive and labor intensive hobby and I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. Getting old sucks.
2014-46.JPG

Growing up every outing ended up with my dad cursing at and kicking the damn thing. Realized then and there it wasn’t worth the stress. Enjoy going out knowing it’s not my responsibility. I’ll pay for gas, beer and back the trailer down the ramp, that’s about it

I bet the motor had Johnson or Evinrude written on it.

The only good motors they ever made were <35hp.

Easy

I have two friends with boats

I bring food, drink, extra cups and my knowledge

they pay the $6,000 annual slip fee
They pay the club membership
They pay the annual property tax - intangibles tax
They pay insurance
They pay registration
They pay for repairs and maintenance
They scrub the hull

they pay for a new impeller when they suck up sand from docking on the beach - just like in your pictures
Gianteyeroll.gif

you assume to much. I know how to boat. The lower is raised and Motor killed as you drift in.

Reactions: MarinePMI
I could have had a boat, a plane, or guns.

I got to fly planes, and I got to run around the ocean in my Brother's boat.

The guns were easier to get in under the roof.

Oh, and I live in the High Desert...

Because I own an old car and they are more expensive than boats. I don’t need two bottomless money sucking holes in my shop.

Reactions: Ravenworks
There are 2 days you love a boat--when you buy it and when you sell it.

Besides, dad has the boat. And the jet ski.

Why don't I have a boat?

Because I have an AIRPLANE. Most of the, uh, things are called the same.

Actually, I am rather "monetarily challenged" at this point in life, so I do things on the cheap:

-1983 Quicksilver MXL with 35 hp Rotax 377. WAY better than a boat!
-3 small kayaks
-13.5' Browning canoe
-12' flat bottom rowboat
-10' home built solo canoe

Nothing better than mucking about in small boats!

-I also ride an 1100 Honda Shadow (cheap motorcycle)
-shoot AKs (cheap guns, cheaply made)
-eat roadkill & weeds
-get my entertainment here

I used to have boat... had one too many Trump flags on it. 😔 now it's at the bottom of Lake Travis😢😇

Last edited: