• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tenebraex rear flip cap

raysugar4567

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2017
I just picked up a set of Tenebraex caps for my S&B 5-25x56. The rear cover is very loose, I'm sure it is the correct part number. It is part #SB50E1-FCR. I don't know if it supposed to be loose or not but I can pull it entirely off the scope easily. I'm considering sending it back or maybe adding electrical tape for a tighter fit. Any input would be appreciated.

I am very pleased with the front cap. The adapter threads on and the cap fits over it. It is very tight and I like how the caps locks into the open position.

My caps sit like they were part of the scope.

I'm not much of an "ocular cap" kind of guy, but when I accidentaly took a breath into the ocular last week and it was freezing I wish I had. My results at 500 meters could have been better...

does the rear one have an adapter ring - i dont have mine in feont of me but i thought some of the rear ones require an adapter, and said adapter has a bolt you can use to tighten the adapter on. maybe post a pic for people to see

It did come with an adapter ring, both the front and the rear but there is no bolt. This a picture of the scope cap and adapter ring. This is the same part I received. The adapter ring slides over the rubber on the ocular end of the S&B. I added a piece of electrical tape and it tightened it up. The top picture is the adapter ring I received, I noticed the section in the picture is split down the middle. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be like that or not.
IMG_0573.jpeg
619TpnVIYlL._AC_SL1280_.jpeg

Not trying to be a smartass but does that look right to you?

Looks like you damaged it when mounting / unmounting it.
I didn't think so. I will be returning it and having a replacement sent. Hopefully the next one fits better. The package was also damaged, Amazon shipped it in a paper envelope instead of a box. If your cap fits tight there is definitely something wrong with mine.

I just picked up a set of Tenebraex caps for my S&B 5-25x56. The rear cover is very loose, I'm sure it is the correct part number. It is part #SB50E1-FCR. I don't know if it supposed to be loose or not but I can pull it entirely off the scope easily. I'm considering sending it back or maybe adding electrical tape for a tighter fit. Any input would be appreciated.

I am very pleased with the front cap. The adapter threads on and the cap fits over it. It is very tight and I like how the caps locks into the open position.
After sending in measurements of my ocular to Tenebraex they thought there were only 3 different caps but then said mine made a 4th one for 5-25 PMII’s.

After sending in measurements of my ocular to Tenebraex they thought there were only 3 different caps but then said mine made a 4th one for 5-25 PMII’s.

Maybe I should check with them before they send the replacement. Is it 4 different sizes of Ocular adapters? On their website I only see one tan and one black non see through covers for the 5-25.

I sent them a message that my particular model was the PMII LP. I'm assuming that was the problem, The may have sent me the adapter for the PSR or MTC.

Maybe I should check with them before they send the replacement. Is it 4 different sizes of Ocular adapters? On their website I only see one tan and one black non see through covers for the 5-25.
Tenebraex said there were 3 different measurements/variations they knew of until I emailed my measurement. Now they know of 4. Mine is P DT (non illuminated). I then sent the recommended model number to Mile High. Not actually sure how many different models they make because I didn’t ask that. Just “which one do I need?”

I use the Aadlands whenever they are available for various S&B scopes; I replaced my Tenebraex covers on my 5-25x56 (LP/LT/MTC) with adapter ring, these are what I installed; the Model # is different from your reference. There are no model #'s on the parts themselves.

The chart indicates one of the 5-25's ocular diameter to be 0.3 mm different ? surprisingly.

The adapter ring in your photo is fractured.

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 4.09.05 PM.png
IMG_7863.jpg

IMG_7865.jpg

IMG_7862.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 10.51.46 AM copy.png

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for all the help guys. Lots of great info and exactly what I was looking for. I straightened everything out with Tenebraex so I'm good to go now. That is one pretty scope, I like that throw lever and bubble level.

Last edited:
I use the Aadlands whenever they are available for various S&B scopes; I replaced my Tenebraex covers on my 5-25x56 (LP/LT/MTC) with adapter ring, these are what I installed; the Model # is different from your reference. There are no model #'s on the parts themselves.

The chart indicates one of the 5-25's ocular diameter to be 0.3 mm different ? surprisingly.

The adapter ring in your photo is fractured.

View attachment 7535259View attachment 7535261
View attachment 7535277
View attachment 7535262View attachment 7535264
What throw lever are you using? Thanks

For my S&B's I use two different style throw levers depending on availability. The 5-25 X and 1.1-4X short dot I used the Midwest Gun Works "switchview" models (currently offered as "Warne" via MGW). The 3-20 ultra short (HK MR556A!) and 1-8x dual CC ( Wilson Combat SBR 6.8 SPC) I installed the S&B "shark fin" style. The MGW has a circumferential engagement with the scope ring lugs whereas the S&B locks up to adjacent logs; both secured with a set screw. I really can't say I prefer one over the other.
DSCN2354a copy 2.jpg
IMG_7764 copy.JPG
DSCN2902 copy 2.JPG
DSCN2903 copy 2.JPG
IMG_1965 copy.JPG
IMG_2325 copyCracker Swamp 06.02.19a copy 2.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 6.37.55 PM.png

Last edited:
For my S&B's I use two different style throw levers depending on availability. The 5-25 X and 1.1-4X short dot I used the Midwest Gun Works "switchview" models (currently offered as "Warne" via MGW). The 3-20 ultra short (HK MR556A!) and 1-8x dual CC ( Wilson Combat SBR 6.8 SPC) I installed the S&B "shark fin" style. The MGW has a circumferential engagement with the scope ring lugs whereas the S&B locks up to adjacent logs; both secured with a set screw. I really can't say I prefer one over the other. View attachment 7535791View attachment 7535795View attachment 7535804View attachment 7535808View attachment 7535812View attachment 7535813View attachment 7535842
Thanks! I have a SwitchView on another scope and like it a lot. I dig that SB too though.