• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

Now that some time has passed and these actions are a bit more mainstream, I'm curious to know if there are any scope mounting options for the Terminus bolt pattern that utilize the one-piece ring and base combo that Talley kinda made famous? I know Hawkins Precision and Leupold also have their variants now too.

Any variants that fit Terminus actions? Specifically the SA Apollo (if that matters)

Cheers

Are there any other bolt knob options for the Zeus aside from what Terminus sells?

Yes something like that. The special I get plenty light enough for me I run them on 2 different rigs super crisp

It's probably mentioned somewhere in this mega thread, but is there any negative impact to the performance or setup to get a QC Action and thread on a full threaded/non-QC barrel?

I know the set screws would need to be removed, but other than that, would there be any issues?

It's probably mentioned somewhere in this mega thread, but is there any negative impact to the performance or setup to get a QC Action and thread on a full threaded/non-QC barrel?

I know the set screws would need to be removed, but other than that, would there be any issues?
What’s the advantage of the full thread on a quick change action?

No no impact.

Reactions: LuvDog
What’s the advantage of the full thread on a quick change action?
There’s no advantage. It’s just you don’t need to have a quick change barrel to use the quick change action. The full thread barrels work too except they will need to be torqued properly because a demotion the set screws aren’t used.

Reactions: LuvDog
If you have the qc action you can still use the full thread barrel you just torque it down instead of using the set screws

Reactions: Obi-WanKannoli
look at the tenon print on the website. I think it mentioned about .002 head space difference between QC and torqued barrels. Depends who chambers the barrel may or may not make a difference.

Anyone know of any long-term detriments to frequently swapping barrels on the QC action?

I currently run 4 different caliber barrels on my QC action for various tasks, and I have been concerned that the high frequency of barrel swaps may cause issues in the long run. Anyone know of issues that may arise with the action threads from these changes? I am careful to follow all protocols on proper barrel replacement each time.

Along the same line, is there an issue with routine removal and replacement of the action screws to move the action from a competition chassis back to a fiberglass stock? I am careful to make sure no cross threading occurs and I use proper torque values each time.

I am not an engineer so I don’t know if this is a legitimate concern or if I’m completely off base.

Anyone know of any long-term detriments to frequently swapping barrels on the QC action?

I currently run 4 different caliber barrels on my QC action for various tasks, and I have been concerned that the high frequency of barrel swaps may cause issues in the long run. Anyone know of issues that may arise with the action threads from these changes? I am careful to follow all protocols on proper barrel replacement each time.

Along the same line, is there an issue with routine removal and replacement of the action screws to move the action from a competition chassis back to a fiberglass stock? I am careful to make sure no cross threading occurs and I use proper torque values each time.

I am not an engineer so I don’t know if this is a legitimate concern or if I’m completely off base.
As long as you don’t destroy the threads in the process, it should be fine

You deserve another Terminus Zeus QC action. Just do it!

What do you mean by high frequency and routine removal? Weekly changing out barrels?

What do you mean by high frequency and routine removal? Weekly changing out barrels?
I may swap barrels a couple times on a range trip to test different loads. Then for storage I keep the action separate from the barrels in my case due to size restrictions.

Stock wise, I may swap stocks once or twice a month.

@Milf Dots Lol. I thought about it as I was writing out my post. But I’d have to buy a LA first then I’d be out $3k :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Milf Dots
Well this certainly jammed up my action mid shoot today.

IMG_5210.jpeg

Roller doesn’t look round and neither does the hole.

Yep, pin is gone, roller jammed between the shroud and cocking ramp (I’m guessing), and wouldn’t let me unlock the bolt. Look. Lot of shaking and wriggling and eventually the roller plopped onto my lap and the bolt was functional action. I guess I should email about a replacement pin.
If he says what caused it or how to prevent it can you post about it please?

Break the rules again and you will be banned. The PX is the place for this and you need to be a supporter.

Hey, as an update on my previous question about wearing out the threads, Joel gave a response this morning:

“As long as you lubricate the threads with any type of grease, you will never wear out the threads on the receiver or barrel. The receiver has a Rockwell hardness of 42, and a DLC treatment over the steel which boosts the surface RC a few points.

Joel”

Hey, as an update on my previous question about wearing out the threads, Joel gave a response this morning:

“As long as you lubricate the threads with any type of grease, you will never wear out the threads on the receiver or barrel. The receiver has a Rockwell hardness of 42, and a DLC treatment over the steel which boosts the surface RC a few points.

Joel”
I have greased the extensions with: 'Loctite 234227 LOC51048 Moly Paste Anti-Seize Compound'. I use area 419 chamber protectors to keep them clean. No affiliation with area 419.

Last edited:
Just ordered a long action zeus from front range precision to build a 300 norma. Can't wait to get this thing in and check it out. Joel is still super responsive with his customer service. Think he emailed me back in 30 minutes when i had a question.

Anyone shooting 6 dasher or 6 gt on a Zeus? What mags are you using?
Dasher with the mdt metal br mags. I put the extensions on them, tuned the lips, deburred and polished the lips. The berger 105 hybrids are a little shitty to feed, ya gotta run the bolt hard. The Hornady 108 eld match bullets feed like butter

Just ordered a krieger 30" barrel for my terminus for a 300 norma. This action is sweet. Anyone on the fence about getting one should definitely go for it.

Reactions: Milf Dots