• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terrapin issues

nexusfire

Secks fi millimeet
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2010
Mesa, AZ
I went use mine today and when I ranged an object I got four dashed lines. Tried several near and far with the same result. Manual says that this means the object is out of range. I know that the object was less than 300 yards.

Anyone else run into this?

Isn't there a way to set some range brackets so that it will ignore targets outside the set parameters? Maybe that got turned on somehow. I don't have the manual handy but tha is something you can check, and of course as Vinson suggest new batteries to start.

Isn't there a way to set some range brackets so that it will ignore targets outside the set parameters? Maybe that got turned on somehow. I don't have the manual handy but tha is something you can check, and of course as Vinson suggest new batteries to start.
I did new batteries and reset the gate function to off so all ranges are displayed.

I have not heard of too many people having issues with the Terrapins, but the one guy that I know who did have an issue, had a very poor experience dealing with Vectronix customer service. I hope you all are able to find a simple solution for this. I've never had a issue with mine and I hope I never do.

How does your Terrapin do with longer range targets? I can't recall ever having this issue with mine, it is very accurate with nearly everything I point it at, as long as I follow the user's manual

It worked flawless for a year. Took it out to kill p dogs and started acting up.

Try a new set of batteries. If that doesn't work, PM me and I will send you the Vectronix Warranty Repair Contact Information.

How about just posting the warranty contact info if you have it. That way a search here would bring it up and help people in the future. It doesn't need to be secret.

Ok tried another set of batteries from a different batch of sure fires and the unit seems to be functional now. I am wondering why the low battery indicator or voltage test didn't tell me anything.

Glad to hear you got it sorted and posted a follow-up.

In regards to majority of electronic devices, begin and verify the condition of the battery and terminals. DVOMs are great tools to have on hand.

If you have technical issues beyond the user accessibility testing (batt, terminals and basic function tests) with the Vectronix units, you may wish to contact Corey Zimmerman. His email is as follows: [email protected]

It looks like links and emails addresses require approval before replies are posted. Email contact posted above if you have further issues with your unit. Good luck.

Ok tried another set of batteries from a different batch of sure fires and the unit seems to be functional now. I am wondering why the low battery indicator or voltage test didn't tell me anything.
Maybe pulling the batteries reset whatever its problem was.