• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terrapin.... will be..

Vectronix Rangefinders - Vectronix for Sale!

Here is where I got mine. I bet if you tell them you are on the hide and pay by e-check they will give you a great price.

Yeah, I'm a shill for Eurooptic. Because they are great guys and they give us great prices and service!

Ordered one from PRG today. Thanks for the heads up y'all. Man, I hope this isn't some rumor drummed up by the industry to increase sales during a lackluster retail year. There's gonna' be some e'splainin' to do when the Visa statement shows up. Aw, hell, I do hope it is just a rumor! All e'splainin' aside. MFC to me, from me.

Ordered one from PRG today. Thanks for the heads up y'all. Man, I hope this isn't some rumor drummed up by the industry to increase sales during a lackluster retail year. There's gonna' be some e'splainin' to do when the Visa statement shows up. Aw, hell, I do hope it is just a rumor! All e'splainin' aside. MFC to me, from me.

Way to reach down and grab-em, I'm gonna do the same after the first of the year.

I talked to Potomac River Group and they confirmed what the OP had heard. They are in the same building as Vectronix and are a dealer. They are taking orders on the 10 and 15 up until the 31st and the Terrapin through February. After that, no more. They are offering a special price of $4200 on the 10C if you order by the 31st (so I did). Going to sell my Terrapin (bought new last month if anyone is interested). Wanted the 10C so I can interface it with my Nomad and FFS.

the 15c has a little wider laser divergance. i have the plrf 10 and its easy to hit small steal at distance. anyone compared to the 15 directly? maybe cant even tell the difference? 4200 is a good deal on a 10c, im thinking about pulling the trigger on the upgrade, i love my 10 and the extra features would be nice.

My wonderful wife bought me a Terrapin for Christmas. I have a question. It came in a black zippered pouch with instruction booklet, neck strap attached, and two batteries loose in the top of the pouch. The above was shipped inside of a box full of shipping peanuts.

Should it have come in a box from the manufacturer? By this I mean a labeled terrapin box with the contents inside. Also is there anything else such as the spare parts included?

It appears new and doesn't look to be used. I just thought it would come in more complete packaging and wanted to double check.

Thanks you!

Last edited:
My wonderful wife bought me a Terrapin for Christmas. I have a question. It came in a black zippered pouch with instruction booklet, neck strap attached, and two batteries loose in the top of the pouch. The above was shipped inside of a box full of shipping peanuts.

Should it have come in a box from the manufacturer? By this I mean a labeled terrapin box with the contents inside. Also is there anything else such as the spare parts included?

It appears new and doesn't look to be used. I just thought it would come in more complete packaging and wanted to double check.

Thanks you!

Nope that is how they come. You are fine. I guarantee you spend at least 2-3 hours the first chance you get just ranging random shit. Then you will carry it with you for a while and just range random shit as far away as you can see just to see how far it will go lol.

trying to decide between 10c and 15c, any one have first hand experience if the increased beam divergance on the 15c really makes any difference when ranging objects? or is that outweighed by the more powerful laser?

CJG

Nope that is how they come. You are fine. I guarantee you spend at least 2-3 hours the first chance you get just ranging random shit. Then you will carry it with you for a while and just range random shit as far away as you can see just to see how far it will go lol.

Thank you so much for your reply. Much appreciated.

just so everyone can see the numbers on beam divergance:
(ft) (ft) (ft)
beam mils area(mil) laser nm inches at 1k yds inches at 2k inches at 3k
Vector 21 - .4 x .7 .28 1550 14.36 x 25.13 28.72 x 50.26 43.08 x 75.39 (6.3)
plrf 10/10c .3x1.5 .45 905 10.77 x 53.85 21.54 x 107.7(9) 32.31 x 161.6 (13.5)
plrf 15/15c .5 x 2 1 1550 17.95 x 71.8(6) 35.9 x 143.6(12) 53.9 x 215.4 (18)
Terrapin .4 x 2.4 .96 905 14.36 x 86.16(7.2) 28.72 x 172.3 (14.4) 43.08 x 258.5 (22)
leica lrf/crf .5 x 2.5 1.25 ? 17.95 x 89.75 (7.5) 35.9 x 179.5 (15) 53.9 x 269.3 (22.5)
swaro 2 x 2 4 ? 71.8 x 71.8(6) 143.6 x 143.6(12) 215.4 x 215.4(24)

There you can see how useless the swaro and leica would be at 2k or 3k if they could range that far on targets etc.

Last edited:
trying to decide between 10c and 15c, any one have first hand experience if the increased beam divergance on the 15c really makes any difference when ranging objects? or is that outweighed by the more powerful laser?

the general consensus seems to be that the 10C is a better value than the 15C. The added benefits of the 15C don't outweigh the extra cost unless you're using it in a threat environment. Besides, the 10C will range farther than most will ever shoot.

I have used several 10c's and honestly the feedback from those that use both is the 10 even tends to work better than the 15. Unless I'm being hunted I would buy a 10c and never look back. For now my terrapin ranges farther than I can shoot.

Anarchist, Interested,price color.Is there a way to Pm.This whole thread seems like a sad commentay to me for such a positive reveiw on this lrf

Ya thats kind of what i think too. i have the plrf10 now and i like the really tight beam. you can see from the numbers i posted the 10 has the 2nd tightest beam right behind the vector 21. the 10 ranges 100% of what i can shoot and about 85-90% of everything i am even curious about. there is still really distant objects it cant hit of course but in those situations its more of just seeing how far it will go. i think since the 10's will range everything you can shoot its better to have the 10 with the tighter beam for ranging small targets far out there. i can hit a stop sign at 1200 without hitting trees that are behind it. pretty cool piece of equipment.

I have used several 10c's and honestly the feedback from those that use both is the 10 even tends to work better than the 15. Unless I'm being hunted I would buy a 10c and never look back. For now my terrapin ranges farther than I can shoot.

What do you mean "better"? because the 10 is more precise with the narrower lazer? or even on the long end of things? if you had to choose between the 10c and 15c and they were only like 200 bux difference which one? i have a 10 and really like it, but i would like a little farther range, just for using when im curious about things. but im worried about the increased area of the plrf15 laser.

part of my though train is that inside of 2k yards which is where i do all my shooting, even the 15 with the wider laser i think will still hit the steal or at least the ground or hill its on just fine and i dont need the narrower beam of the 10. past 2k i dont care really how wide the beam is and i just want it to range. thoughts? if the 10 and 15 are basically same price which one?

I got to test the Terrapin today. Very impressed. In bright light, it instantly ranged the targets that my Lecia struggled to get at the 1500's-1700's. On the tripod, it easily grabbed targets in the 2000-2300 range. I got repeated readings of a large, light colored building, square to the rangefinder at 3,953 during the same daylight conditions. The range was confirmed +/- .05% using Google Earth. If any Lecia/Swarvo/Ziess users are sitting on the fence, and can use the extra range, don't miss your opportunity, the Terrapin lives up to its reputation.

(ft) (ft) (ft)
Terrapin .4 x 2.4 .96 905 14.36 x 86.16(7.2) 28.72 x 172.3 (14.4) 43.08 x 258.5 (22)
leica lrf/crf .5 x 2.5 1.25 ? 17.95 x 89.75 (7.5) 35.9 x 179.5 (15) 53.9 x 269.3 (22.5)

There you can see how useless the swaro and leica would be at 2k or 3k if they could range that far on targets etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are talking about accuracy in targeting. From what I understand, what makes one rangefinder better than another is not only accuracy, but the sensitivity of the receiver. Better rangefinders have better receivers. The reason that Vectronix, and Leica and Swaro cost so much, in addition to the glass, and construction , is the electronics.

Rotortuner. What I gather is the reason to go to the 15 is for the NV invisible laser at the loss of distance capability. If they cost the same I would get the 10C.

Mine came the same way. I've seen older ones that shipped in coyote tactical cases. I picked up a great coyote padded case from Rifles Only. The case was made by Tacready.com. Waiting on the edge of my seat for the 10C to arrive. The Terrapin was great, so this should be even better. Also got the data cable to integrate it with my Nomad/Delta V.

Euro Optic took it back for full credit towards the 10C. I bought it a month ago and put it in the safe without ever taking it out of the house, so it was brand new. They won't have any problem moving it given the current situation.

Anarchist, Interested,price color.Is there a way to Pm.This whole thread seems like a sad commentay to me for such a positive reveiw on this lrf

(ft) (ft) (ft)

Isn't this data implying that the regular terrapin is barely better than the leica? This doesn't seem true when compared to real life experiences...

Rotortuner. What I gather is the reason to go to the 15 is for the NV invisible laser at the loss of distance capability. If they cost the same I would get the 10C.

if thats true then why is the 15 rated for ranging farther than the 10? i have read posts claiming that 15's have been able to range out to 6000+ basically only downside i can see is that the laser is less concentrated so it might be slightly more difficult to range on small objects.

Isn't this data implying that the regular terrapin is barely better than the leica? This doesn't seem true when compared to real life experiences...
basically it just shows the laser concentration, if you have a laser with a really wide beam its hard to get readings on pieces of steal and not whats lays beyond. we know the terrapin is better than the leica because the laser is more powerful and a better detector.

Euro Optic took it back for full credit towards the 10C. I bought it a month ago and put it in the safe without ever taking it out of the house, so it was brand new. They won't have any problem moving it given the current situation.

is euro optics giving the same sale prices as PRG on the 10's and 15's?

with the 15/15C you have also some issue to laser with snow environment .... 10/10C doesn't have this problem......

I've the 10C very accurate till 2350/2400 meters difficult to laser beyond.. I've laser till 2900/3000 but in different environment ( Mauritius island, with a good albedo )

the 21C is amazing......

Not sure about price matching, but yes, they are a pleasure to buy from. Great service from Jason, Alex, and the rest of the crew

Some of you may know Alina Hussey and the phenomenal service she provides at Potomac River Group. I just placed an order with her today and wanted to relay some info.

Alina was kind to let us know that she will be accepting and placing orders till 10pm (Eastern Time tonight only) for the PLRF 10/10c and the 15/15c. After tonight, the 10s and 15s will no longer be available. Peripheral accessories such as the data cable can be place together with the units. These will no longer be available through Potomac River Group, but they may be order through Vectronix. The serial data cables are no longer available - discontinued last year. The available data cables have the RS232 and USB interface for the Nomad.

Price for the PLRF 10C: $4050
Data cable with the trigger: $325 (she gave a $25 discount on the cable)
Shipping: $10

Again, I was amazed by the service she has provided. Please note the following is her direct phone line and she will not be able to accept calls after 10pm EST. The number to place an order is 1-571-234-1774. I will edit this post after tonight.

Side note: Orders for the Terrapin can still be placed 30 days after the new year. The PLRF 25C will continue to be available.

Have a fantastic New Year!

john133;2873284 Price for the PLRF 10C: $4050 Data cable with the trigger: $325 (she gave a $25 discount on the cable) ![/QUOTE said:
that's a crazy good price on a 10C....are you sure that's not a 10?

I JUST purchased a Terrapin from MileHigh about 5 seconds ago. My finger was hovering above the return button for several minutes but my balls finally dropped and I did it. I figure if theres nothing else that comes out that even remotely compares to it then it'll truly hold its value. This seems like a piece of kit that lasts a very long time. Do you guys think that CS will still be top notch even with discontinued items? That was my only concern.

Last edited:
As long as they still warranty/fix existing units, I don't care.

I've been pretty rough on mine and all I can see is a small scrape on the body.

i think they will still support the units for a pretty long time. there are still a lot of the units in the governments hands and maybe there will be refurbishment programs for those? but your right, the 10 and 15 are built really strong i think they will take a lot more abuse than us hobbiest can dish out during weekend use. i cant wait to get my C model and mess around with the vectoring ability.
i know these are spendy units but im suprised more people didnt jump on the discounts. people spend 4-6k on rifles but without knowing exact ranges the most accurate rifle is kind of useless. top end reliable and accurate range finder is just as important as the gun, ammo and rifle scope imo. in the future, only thing close will be to go with the 25c at over 8k.

Last edited:
I would love to get any one of these, especially when the price is right like it is. But there is just no way I can fork out that kind of coin for one. I think that most here do have more invested in their rifle/scope. But they built it over time. My Bushnell 1600 binos have worked out to ranges that about equal the capability of my 300WM & they were cheap compared to any Vectronics. I hope someone builds something comparable by the time I'm able to afford it.

I would love to get any one of these, especially when the price is right like it is. But there is just no way I can fork out that kind of coin for one. I think that most here do have more invested in their rifle/scope. But they built it over time. My Bushnell 1600 binos have worked out to ranges that about equal the capability of my 300WM & they were cheap compared to any Vectronics. I hope someone builds something comparable by the time I'm able to afford it.

I was contemplating waiting until Shot Show to see if anybody was going to come out with something that has the same range as the Terrapin but then also feared that Terrapins would be gone by then. I wonder.....the Terrapin is obviously an amazing piece of equipment an it definitely shines above the competition. But is the price of the Terrapin $2000 because the components and functionality really are worth 2k (to the consumer that is) or is part of the pricing due to the name and the association of it being used by the gov't? If somebody could produce something that mirrored the Terrapin in quality but for less money it would have been done already right?.......maybe I'm wrong?

But is the price of the Terrapin $2000 because the components and functionality really are worth 2k (to the consumer that is) or is part of the pricing due to the name and the association of it being used by the gov't? If somebody could produce something that mirrored the Terrapin in quality but for less money it would have been done already right?.......maybe I'm wrong?

i dont think they are 2k just because they say vectronix. inside of any vectronix unit, the board and connectors that are used are top quality. i saw on another forum guys talking about the vectors and how they use fischer connectors and they are around 60 bux a piece. like big wheels said parts from europe, let alone switzerland are spendy. i was pretty sure the parts are sent over for the terrapins and then assembled in their facility in exeter NH. also your questions about being associated with the government. i dont think the us gov bought any terrapins, just 10's 15's and vectors. vectronix puts a lot of work and quality into the casings. they are not cheap plastic or chinese cast aluminum, they are really stout and you can tell the fit and finish is perfect and each one is hand assembled. vectronix range finders are at least twice as good as anything else but cost about 4 times more. if i were you, i would pull the trigger on a terrapin before they are discontinued. anything that comes along afterward, if its built by an american company likely wont have as nice of fit and finish and wont have that made in switzerland quality.

cjg

What I don't get is that they knew the product costs up front... they must have not achieved the volume they anticipated. Unfortunately, the number of shooters who need to get to 800+ yards AND are willing to pay $2,000 for an rangefinder to support it must be smaller than they anticipated. I don't think they put as much of a dent in Swaro's and Leica's market share as they would have liked.

10C was $4200 from PRG when I called.

Some of you may know Alina Hussey and the phenomenal service she provides at Potomac River Group. I just placed an order with her today and wanted to relay some info.

Alina was kind to let us know that she will be accepting and placing orders till 10pm (Eastern Time tonight only) for the PLRF 10/10c and the 15/15c. After tonight, the 10s and 15s will no longer be available. Peripheral accessories such as the data cable can be place together with the units. These will no longer be available through Potomac River Group, but they may be order through Vectronix. The serial data cables are no longer available - discontinued last year. The available data cables have the RS232 and USB interface for the Nomad.

Price for the PLRF 10C: $4050
Data cable with the trigger: $325 (she gave a $25 discount on the cable)
Shipping: $10

Again, I was amazed by the service she has provided. Please note the following is her direct phone line and she will not be able to accept calls after 10pm EST. The number to place an order is 1-571-234-1774. I will edit this post after tonight.

Side note: Orders for the Terrapin can still be placed 30 days after the new year. The PLRF 25C will continue to be available.

Have a fantastic New Year!

The price was ~$1820 from PRG a couple weeks ago and I just noticed today it is $2k...

yes they upped the price. i wonder if they will do a last minute sale on them like they did with the 10 and 15? other option would be to call euro optics and see if they will give a little discount for paying by check rather than credit card.

Mile High has them for $1995 and free shipping.

Mile High - Green, Tan
Euro - Green, Tan
Ashbury PO - Blue, Green, Tan, Dark Grey

All $1995 but I do not know if the other two have free shipping.