• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tesla moving HQ to Texas

GoatLD259

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2020
United States
Tesla moving Tesla HQ to Austin, along with building an assembly plant as well. Are my Texas friends concerned about the blu-ing of Texas? Hopefully this will bring jobs to the area, but, the people the state is attracting, is making the state purple.

Goat

Last edited:
Austin is the wrong f'n place to put it in Texas. All the infrastructure he needs is in Midland/Odessa or in the RGV where he built his rocket base. Plenty of workers. Austin is an overpriced, city full of Left wing assholes who couldn't turn a wrench, and working class people aren't going to be able to afford to live there, anyway. He'll ride a limo, so he won't see the shit on the sidewalks.

Ironic, the building of the plant in Austin is because housing is damn expensive in the bay area, he is having trouble finding workers, and just to damn congested.

Goat

Ironic, the building of the plant in Austin is because housing is damn expensive in the bay area, he is having trouble finding workers, and just to damn congested.

Goat
They’re actually expanding CA operations. Musk needs to be closer to SpaceX’s Starship operations in TX.

Austin is the wrong f'n place to put it in Texas. All the infrastructure he needs is in Midland/Odessa or in the RGV where he built his rocket base. Plenty of workers. Austin is an overpriced, city full of Left wing assholes who couldn't turn a wrench, and working class people aren't going to be able to afford to live there, anyway. He'll ride a limo, so he won't see the shit on the sidewalks.
This^^^ Just drove by the new plant on my way to the airport last Friday. It's huge, don't know how many it's supposed to employ but yes, Austin is a very expensive shithole and it's cancer is spreading. space X is also expanding it's facility up 317 from me in McGregor. There are tons of new houses being built in Temple/Belton. Sucks.

They’re actually expanding CA operations. Musk needs to be closer to SpaceX’s Starship operations in TX.
Austin shares California’s values. It won’t be a culture change for the employees.
Austin will have the tech savvy workforce he wants.

Damn, Austin used to be a great town.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
You guys that think he is going to fuck up Austin have obviously never been to Austin. Only good thing there was the Ruth Chriss steakhouse

You guys that think he is going to fuck up Austin have obviously never been to Austin. Only good thing there was the Ruth Chriss steakhouse
Barton Springs was, and I hope still is, a real winner.

We just bought and built in Granger, TX to get away from Austin more, and now this is going in as well as the 17 billion dollar Samaung facility in Taylor, TX (most likely). It just keeps expanding.