• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Texas!

Way to go Texas! Come on Georgia, you're next!

Maybe Florida will step up and do the right thing as well.

Before we get too ahead of ourselves , this change goes in affect in september, correct?

yes the change is effective for hunting season 2012 which starts in September. Dont go turkey hunting or squirrel hunting with your can now or you will get a nice citation.

Yup, damn nice Texas! I am going to see if I can a copy of this legislation and forward it to my state rep here in Fl. It would seem to be a no-brainer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes the change is effective for hunting season 2012 which starts in September. Dont go turkey hunting or squirrel hunting with your can now or you will get a nice citation. </div></div>

Stacy,

I thought squirrel are varmint and therefor you can hunt them with suppressors. Please correct me if I am wrong. Besides isn't it just easier to trap squirrels?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes the change is effective for hunting season 2012 which starts in September. Dont go turkey hunting or squirrel hunting with your can now or you will get a nice citation. </div></div>

Stacy,

I thought squirrel are varmint and therefor you can hunt them with suppressors. Please correct me if I am wrong. Besides isn't it just easier to trap squirrels?
</div></div>

No sir,
Squirrels have a season here in Texas and they are considered game animal and have a bag limit. Cant wait to go squirrel hunting with the AR 22 and the Spectre can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any links to where this was reported from? </div></div>

I dont have a link. I had 2 friends in the room when the vote was taken. I got it from them directly.

Woooo Dog!

Thanks, Stacy!

Hmmm...dreams of watering holes and suppressed 22's...it's going to be so quiet out there
wink.gif

buying a cyclone-k in hopes of approval before deer season....

I wonder what this will do to the wait time on new items? I bet it goes to a year or more if they dont hire four or five more people. PG

I've got two Krinks pending since the very beginning of November, they are running 6-8 months right now, according to NFA tracker.

Jpipes I am in Texas and just got three cans the checks cashed on 10-19 so more like 5months and a few days. PG

Yeap' this is a great news. Just hate waiting for the stamp now. It is going more than 6 months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes the change is effective for hunting season 2012 which starts in September. Dont go turkey hunting or squirrel hunting with your can now or you will get a nice citation. </div></div>

Stacy,

</div></div>

No sir,
Squirrels have a season here in Texas and they are considered game animal and have a bag limit. Cant wait to go squirrel hunting with the AR 22 and the Spectre can. </div></div>

Well I had to look it up. I live Grayson and we have open season all year round with a daily limit of 10. Hell to me they're varmint eating stuff out of the garden and they aren't easy to shoot at. A lot easier to trap. I don't eat them, however if the grocery stores run out of food I'll be having some squirrel pot pie
wink.gif

Sweet! I know it has been legal for hogs and such, but never game animals. This is great news! I heard it here first.

The legislature is not in session. Does the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission have the authority to make a rule change without legislation, or is this the result of some bill that has already passed?

I got the answer here.

It is an administrative rule change, meaning the commission has had the authority to make this a reality all along. I wonder why they haven't before.

Saw it on the news tonight and look forward to fall "silence". I sent the comment link to my entire Texas address book if they were hunters or not, and told them to vote "For".

Kevin

With the current 4-6 month wait the chances of getting into one now doesn't seem like it will happen. Will have to stick with stick and string if I want to be quiet these days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes the change is effective for hunting season 2012 which starts in September. Dont go turkey hunting or squirrel hunting with your can now or you will get a nice citation. </div></div>

Stacy,

</div></div>

No sir,
Squirrels have a season here in Texas and they are considered game animal and have a bag limit. Cant wait to go squirrel hunting with the AR 22 and the Spectre can. </div></div>

Check the Outdoor Annual, many counties have different regulations on them, some counties are year round.

Thats what i like about texas. Somebody says "hey we wanna hunt with suppressors" ok ,lets meet up and talk about it and vote. Meet ,vote ,done.

None of this read ,reread, reread vote send to house read,reread,reread bullhockey.

Maby ga will get the show on the road.