• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Re: TEXAS

I just recently learned of Spartan Tactical (based in Keller) and their new and upcoming Tactical Range Complex (with photos), in Jack County, between Decatur/Bridgeport and Jacksboro. It looks to be really good; there is already an existing carbine range, 300 meters long and 70 meters wide with 40 firing points, with plans to install movers downrange in the future; the current long gun range is 1000 meters long by 600 meters wide and contains a mix of over 35 LaRue Tactical self-resetting targets and static steel E type reactive targets; and the ultra long range goes from 1000 meters to close to 2000 meters. The owner/operator of Spartan Tactical is Jim Smith, well known throughout the military SpecOps community.

NDIA held its Firepower Demo Day at this facility in conjunction with its annual Joint Armaments Conference in Dallas back in mid-May.

So does anyone happen to know whether this range facility is open to the general public?

Houston area

Anyone know of a rifle/ shotgun/ pistol course or tactical facility anywhere close? Trying to get some shooting in other then just at the range of a bench. Kinda looking for something similar from the magpul dynamics all the way to a full shoot house if it's available.

If anyone has property that we can shoot on I'll bring targets and help build any facilities needed, such as doorways or barricades. And even help supply materials like plywood or tools if needed.

I am also looking at getting into 3 gun comps, just don't know of anywhere to shoot like that near houston or near 1-2 hour drive from Houston.

If you have any info or just need a range partner pm me.

Sreid

IDPA shoots at the impact zone range in hempstead...i think they run a 3 gun match the 3rd or 4th saturday of each month

hey any of yall heard anything of that new range in Huntsville lately?

I haven't heard anything about any range in Huntsville. But my uncles a prison gaurd up there, and I can ask him. Any idea about a name or location to ask about?

there was something about it here on the hide, but i never saw if it was private land, or an actual range.

I PMd the OP about the hempstead range a while back and he never responded.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackside</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone close to the Baytown area that have used/own a NF NP-R1 with zstops??? </div></div>

Check with Marshall at Primary Arms (a Hide sponsor). He might have one in stock to check out. He is in Pearland though.

Sorry if that wasnt clear, not looking to purchase..i own one and ive just started getting in to long range shooting. Wondering if any close shoots with one also, to help out with pointers etc.. Thanks

Only place that has long (500+ yards) is either ASC that has 600 yards and is open to the public and Bayou Rifles in Juliff (hwy 6 and HWY288 South) they have a 1k yard range. Bayou is members only.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackside</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone close to the Baytown area?? </div></div>

Kind of

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just recently learned of Spartan Tactical (based in Keller) and their new and upcoming Tactical Range Complex (with photos), in Jack County, between Decatur/Bridgeport and Jacksboro. It looks to be really good; there is already an existing carbine range, 300 meters long and 70 meters wide with 40 firing points, with plans to install movers downrange in the future; the current long gun range is 1000 meters long by 600 meters wide and contains a mix of over 35 LaRue Tactical self-resetting targets and static steel E type reactive targets; and the ultra long range goes from 1000 meters to close to 2000 meters. The owner/operator of Spartan Tactical is Jim Smith, well known throughout the military SpecOps community.

NDIA held its Firepower Demo Day at this facility in conjunction with its annual Joint Armaments Conference in Dallas back in mid-May.

So does anyone happen to know whether this range facility is open to the general public? </div></div>

did you ever find out anymore info on this?

I've been shooting suppressed at ASC now.

ASC has changed their policy so suppressors are now allowed. This caused me to meet up with Sgt. Ross over the holidays and order his suppressors for each of my rifles.

Before, it was too much of a PITA to drive up to Carter's Country to shoot suppressed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXMedic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heya guys, new to the hide... from San Antonio </div></div>

Where do you work as a medic?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jong</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXMedic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heya guys, new to the hide... from San Antonio </div></div>

Where do you work as a medic?</div></div>

I've worked as a medic for AMR when they had a bigger footprint here, but am attached as an independant duty medic out of Peoria, IL til I find a new guard unit to accept my transfer. Otherwise, I teach combat medicine.

Does anyone near the Houston area own an XLR Chasis?

I've been wanting to fondle one, as it seems it would suit my needs for an upcoming build, and they'll inlet for the action (Stiller Tac 338). I hate dropping that kind of money sight-unseen.
If you've got one and you wouldn't mind showing it off, shoot me a PM.

CW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dallas, TX checking in.

Anyone here been to http://www.topgunshootingclub.com/ yet? </div></div>

I went out there on the day they opened up. The owner, his wife, and the other staff were nice folks. From the website, it looks like they've changed the rules slightly. Head on out there.

I'm east of Denison.

just outside of the bright lights of north central texas,big beautiful lake Travis

Born and raised in Schulenburg, TX, spent 4.5 years in College Station, and the past two in Cypress, TX.

Tyler Tx just alittle to far east but I got 300 hundred acres of my own aint life wonderful.

Grapevine.

Working on a stick that I can shoot long range with. I would like to meet and shoot with others, to get ideas and to learn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dallas, TX checking in.

It's a good range in the making. Still has a way to go. That being said it goes out to 500 yards. Steal from 200 out to 500 and paper targets form 100 to 500. The atmosphere is laid back and most people know what they're doing. Terry is the owner and has a lot of ideas he wants to do to his range to improve it. It's a work in progress. I would recommend Top Gun.

Jamie

I went out there last week. I have to agree that it is a nice place to shoot. The owner and staff were very friendly. Will definitely be heading back there.

Conroe, Texas here! Looking for a shooting partner or more of a knowitall when it comes to Remington 700's. I shoot at the FM 2854 range and looking to learn some new tricks on assembly of a good hunting rifle and a target 308.

Gary

topgun is a nice range, with nice people working it. There is always room for improvement, and they have alot of plans to do so.

Anyone that goes to Top Gun that is looking at getting a Tac Ops, PM me and we meet up and you can shoot mine. Right now I have a .308 and a 6.5x55. I should have .260 soon. Also, probably, in 4 or 5 months have my Tac Ops suppressors; if any one is interested in checking those out too.

Jamie

I have also been going to Top Gun. Terry (the owner) and staff are great. It is a very profesional range, and they monitor the shooters very close, which I like. Plus, it's 500 yards!!

Just moved to central Texas (45 min West of Waco) and will be here for 2-3 months. Any good places to shoot around here? Also, where can I get reloading supplies/equipment in the area?