• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: TEXAS

I'm in Austin.
I've been shooting at "best of the west" in Liberty Hill the last several weekends.
I'm going to keep an eye here, would like to see some formal competitions.

I'm shooting BOTW tomorrow afternoon with a friend, going to bring 3 .308's that need to stretch thier legs.

Dallas, TX again.

Just got back from Tac Pro yesterday and had a blast... met a couple of folks from here also!!!

Anyone going out there should PM me... I have a couple of friends from work that like to shoot the 1k range out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FeedThemLead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Conroe, Texas here! Looking for a shooting partner or more of a knowitall when it comes to Remington 700's. I shoot at the FM 2854 range and looking to learn some new tricks on assembly of a good hunting rifle and a target 308.

Gary </div></div>

I'm down in Katy, and am always looking to throw some lead down range

From Houston, living in Austin, moving to Kingsville.... Any ranges down there in Kingsville besides RO?

killeen TX/FT Hood looking for a range longer then 100y that's not got a tone of stupid rules IE steel cases, rapid firing and doesn't make you pay for a new lane wen you change form 50y to 100y

Allen Event Center Gun Show.
Walked around today from 1-3, looked like a good turnout, was very disappointed in the product prices. For instance, saw 3 CETME sporters, each priced for 895 with 1 mag. Seriously?! Ammo was very overpriced as well. People there were friendly but I did not see many people buying. While not anywhere near the DMH show, seeing a show this size in Allen was a good thing and I look forward to the next one as I'm sure now that word is out, turnout will be better along with the number of vendors.

anyone near dallas got some varmints needing to meet some 308 goodness?

Semi new here to the Hide. Been a long time lurker and finally signed up
smile.gif
I'm from the South East side of Houston.

Any ranges I don't know about (Bayou Rifles and PSC Shooing Club) that have a long distance range, that is fairly close to Houston?

I just put an order in for a GAP rifle, so I will be going to the long distance ranges for some fun in the future, and I want to cover my bases before hand so I can grab my rifle and head to the range when it comes in instead of trying to find a place to shoot.

Wylie, Texas here.

Anyone been out to TAC PRO? I am looking for a good long range. I have heard about TOP GUN but I am wanting to shoot beyond 500.

Washington checking in. About 10 miles from where BlueBell icecream is made
smile.gif
Be jealous!!!

I have 1800 acres if anyone ever wants to come shoot. I have over 3000 yards if you think you can stretch it

Chase

Denton here; when not at the range, picking off squirrels with my trusty Gamo
Pete

Originally Harlingen. Now Mesquite.

And I need to find a range that's closer than the one I use for LR. 2 hours each direction is getting to me.

Mud,
I fished under the 105 bridge on the Brazos the other day. Must have been prety close to you.
We've got a little property SE of Navasota.
CW

Brenham, but I'm in Oklahoma most of the time for work (oilfield).

I've been looking for a place to shoot and will have to contact mudvayne when I get home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huckTX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">killeen TX/FT Hood looking for a range longer then 100y that's not got a tone of stupid rules IE steel cases, rapid firing and doesn't make you pay for a new lane wen you change form 50y to 100y </div></div>

huck, try http://texasshootingrange.com/ steel targets out to 1k

Still need to introduce my self on here. I'm in the Houston aera and have yet to find a range I'm happy with. Who else is in the greater Houston aera?

Austin here.

Brand new to the SH, but I've been lurking for a while. Interested in getting into some LR shooting, but I haven't picked up (or owned) a rifle for the past 10 years. Been having too much fun bird hunting lately to worry about rifle shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas Aggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Austin here.

Brand new to the SH, but I've been lurking for a while. Interested in getting into some LR shooting, but I haven't picked up (or owned) a rifle for the past 10 years. Been having too much fun bird hunting lately to worry about rifle shooting.</div></div>

Austin here also.. welcome to the hide.

I'll be at BOTW (best of the west) in Liberty Hill tomorrow, one of the best rifle ranges, if not the, I have ever seen. Great group of people and just a short drive.

palestine texas! its abt an hr south of tyler i guess. im part of the leon county gun range and 200 lame yds is max. my rifles are screaming for longer range shots. does anybody know of a good at least 500 yard range within an hr or so? im def. open to anything long range thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GlockandRoll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Austin here also.. welcome to the hide.

I'll be at BOTW (best of the west) in Liberty Hill tomorrow, one of the best rifle ranges, if not the, I have ever seen. Great group of people and just a short drive. </div></div>

I've been out to BOTW to shoot sporting clays once, and I'll probably try and make it out to LaRue's open house later this year. They seem to be the only place locally that offers a 1K yard range, so I assume I'll be there more often than not after I decide on a rifle.

Corpus Christi/San Antonio/Austin here...

I started a new thread about a monthly meet/get together...thinking central Texas...hell maybe a mock quarterly competition of sorts...

What range? The only one i know of thats 1000yd range a membership and some kind of class is required. 2hrs away is a long drive but once or twice a month would b feesable tho

Also in Houston here, and new to the forums. Trying to get into long range shooting a bit more. I shoot at ASC here in West Houston, max range is 600 yds.

Does anyone know of longer ranges than that?

Is it legal to shoot on public property that is remote enough, provided you are safe, etc?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forwardeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bayou rifles,the range is on 288 south past hwy 6,its a private range so you must be a memeber first.they have 1000 yards there.memebership is not expensive if you shoot often.
http://www.bayourifles.org/range-information/julliff-range </div></div>

That^ is awesome. No idea that place even existed. It's even closer than ASC! I may try to make it to the orientation next month.

Thanks again man.

El Paso (Fort Bliss)

New to the hide, I am on active duty stationed at Fort Bliss. New to long range precision shooting. Looking for people to shoot with in El Paso area.