• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thank You Greg !

I want to thank @Greg Langelius * for being the original Sniper's Hide member since the very beginning, hell before this was even a site.

I met Greg online at Shooters.com and when that site kept crashing I built one for us to use. It was silly and poorly done, but we liked it.

Greg followed me here and has never left. We had a lot of ups and downs over the years, history, health, life, and family all come into play. Still Greg was here doing his part. One Tough Marine.

The Ghost Dancer project was all Greg, in 2001 Greg predicted the rise of the 6.5 and wanted to do a Savage 260 project. That same project lead to the development of the McM A5 stock. That stock was designed on this site, greg was an early tester.

We did several shoots with the Ghost Dancer. As well as others back then.

I don't talk to Greg as much anymore, my life went into overdrive, he moved to Phoenix from NYS.

I want everyone to know, despite my failings, I appreciate Greg on here every time I see him post.

He can use a Prayer or Two right now,

Semper Fi Greg,
Prayers and Good JuJu inbound 👼

Reactions: oneshot86
That’s really cool, I didn’t know that Greg was the original member or that he was part of the ghost dancer and McMillan A5 development (my favorite McMillan stock coincidentally). So a huge thanks to Greg for the inspiration on the stock.

My thoughts are with Greg and I hope he pulls through whatever’s going on so we can continue the banter about Savages.

Reactions: oneshot86 and lash
I have always enjoyed reading Greg’s posts and insights. I’m sure he doesn’t know me from Adam but prayers and positive thoughts headed his way.

I had the privilege of shooting with Greg at Odessa NY years ago. Goes back to about 2006, I think? Greg, Scott (STP), Kevin and his son Andy, Kurt, Dan, Tom, were the core group. Greg was always willing to help with shooting and reloading help. That group helped solidify my interest in long range shooting.
I moved away from the area for work and continued my long range shooting based on the start they helped me with.
I’ll always remember Greg for his personal help at Odessa and his posts on here.
Prayers sent.

Never met him in person. He always seemed a knowledgeable and helpful guy, happy to share info or ideas. I often seen him offer help to the budget sensitive shooter.

Prayers sent.

I've been here a pretty good while myself and remember Greg was a prolific poster in the technical threads when I first joined. I learned much from him when the learning curve was steep. Thanks Greg you are a luminati.

Wondering.. is the first few years of snipers hide archived and accessible.

There were a lot of great guys here in the beginning and epic threads

Wondering.. is the first few years of snipers hide archived and accessible.

There were a lot of great guys here in the beginning and epic threads
And a lot of shooting discussions that were WAY over my head. Remember Lindy (Lindstrom?). His wife used to psot as well.

Reactions: camocorvette
I want to thank @Greg Langelius * for being the original Sniper's Hide member since the very beginning, hell before this was even a site.

I met Greg online at Shooters.com and when that site kept crashing I built one for us to use. It was silly and poorly done, but we liked it.

Greg followed me here and has never left. We had a lot of ups and downs over the years, history, health, life, and family all come into play. Still Greg was here doing his part. One Tough Marine.

The Ghost Dancer project was all Greg, in 2001 Greg predicted the rise of the 6.5 and wanted to do a Savage 260 project. That same project lead to the development of the McM A5 stock. That stock was designed on this site, greg was an early tester.

I don't talk to Greg as much anymore, my life went into overdrive, he moved to Phoenix from NYS.

I want everyone to know, despite my failings, I appreciate Greg on here every time I see him post.

Semper Fi Greg,
I’ve always liked Greg’s writings, even way back when. God speed Greg

I remember Greg from those days on the early Shooters forum, and his experiences with the "tomato stake" Savages. I think I was still on a dial up modem. Then there were tales of the the epic trip out to Raton in a beat up Suburban to irritate the gatekeepers of the high power halls. Greg was always a gentleman, thoughtful and gracious with his wisdom. I hope things go well for him.

Prayers to Greg. I’ve had a few good conversations with him. A solid guy

Semper Fi Greg,

WOW, today I thought about Greg and his role on The Hide as I was deciding if I needed to sell my Remington 700 in 260.
I originally had a 3 digit SH member number and shot the Carlos Hatchcock match with Greg, Lowlight and Danny (RIP) and his father Dark Eagle at Cherry Ridge.
Listening to Greg preach the Gospel of 260 while Danny confirmed the math was reason enough to buy 2 Savages and eventually a Rem. Varminter in what was originally 6.5-308.
Life and the housing crash in 2008 got in the way but I’m glad I found Frank and company.

Last edited: