• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

That just happened, 224V

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    FFE0CBE6-6896-45EA-9810-22109D9E62FD.jpeg

6D5ABEBA-9F2A-461B-AD8D-1F2B7E551D33.jpeg

I’m going for it, I know it’s a 224 V which will probably die before our grandkids but fuck it I love it

Accuracy International bolt head ( don’t ask one off , no you can’t have one )

Valkyrie bolt guns are just plain fun

So this is just to rub it in everyones face?

If that is how your weak ass reads it... then YES

I am FLEXING ... hahaha look at me go.

Not to mention my photography, wholly shit what a great image,

taken in 3 seconds via iPhone, edited in Lightroom, ready for upload in 2.58 minutes from first thought

IMG_2674.JPG

JP Valkyrie

Actually, the amazing part of this story is the bolt head

Enrique from Massey's in South Texas made this bolt head by hand, which is why it's a one-off

This project has been in the works for a while, at this point, wow he did an awesome job.

Hand made, using mainly a file,
    Imagine what he could do with this thing called CAD...

Imagine what he could do with this thing called CAD...

How do you think they machined the new bolt head? Certainly not with a file...

I have one of Enrique/Gilbert/Greg's AI 223 conversions, and while there's lots of hand fitting and filing involved to get the Gre-Tan R700 Sako extractor working in their new bolt head, the new bolt head itself was certainly CNC'd and not done with a file. Not to take anything away from Enrique's talents though, he is a master with a file. :p

Frank, very cool he made you one for 224V. Love shooting my AX in 223AI, bet 224V is fun.

Reactions: long range sponge
    I'm curious about the brass in the first pic.
    It looks like it was lopped off with a tubing cutter.
    But....
    why?

Did u get him or Greg to cut the barrel for you? Greg told me there is some geometry voodoo to help with the feeding. I haven't gotten my barrel done yet but have gotten the bolt and mag. I can't wait to start shooting it. Bought 1k 75 eldms, 200 88's and some lapua .223 brass.

He drew me a picture, it’s kinda like a cave drawing, I thought the charcoal use was a nice touch, gives the print that rustic look

But it clearly shows a modern design, I need to get him some crayons as I feel his shading will really stand out with different colors

I’m psyched ! If not psychedelic

He drew me a picture, it’s kinda like a cave drawing, I thought the charcoal use was a nice touch, gives the print that rustic look

But it clearly shows a modern design, I need to get him some crayons as I feel his shading will really stand out with different colors

I’m psyched ! If not psychedelic
    Well, if @trophyhunter is a former marine, he'll likely just end up eating the crayons. Maybe he should stick with charcoal. Either way, he and the crew has done a huge service to the AI community and im thankful for it.

Well, if @trophyhunter is a former marine, he'll likely just end up eating the crayons. Maybe he should stick with charcoal. Either way, he and the crew has done a huge service to the AI community and im thankful for it.
    No prior military

We make riting sticks out of old tire rubber, after we’ve fashioned sandals for our children.

Wait, u make shoes for your kids? I just make mine toughen the bottoms of his feet by walking barefoot on sharp rocks. #flintstonefeet

Very nice. Though not an AI I do love my 224 V bolt gun as well. Had a bunch of people on here try and talk me out of it but I couldn’t stop myself and in the end is awesome.

Well that's it, Frank's trippin balls.

At least Enrique squats while eating his burritos, puts him 1 step ahead of the game.

Frank is almost right, I work on an island surrounded by the Rio Rrande River in a log house, very similar to a cave, with lots of rats and snakes, lol.
    For fun we swim with alligators, and build what others say it can't be build.
    Crayons would be amazing, new technology lol.

The first few bolt heads where done on a manual lathe and a small mill and finished with my trusty files. Even the extractor was hand made. All the cave drawings where sent to Russel and he got them transferred to cad. Then the project was passed on to Greg and he made improvements to the original design.

It's time for me to go back to my Island, and think about crayons lol.

Enrique,

I am gonna get you those crayons if it’s the last thing I do !

The Regime cannot deny you technology, I’m springing for the 64 pack of crayons and if I can the find the one with sharpener - bonus !

I hope the snakes and rats are small cause you’re my sized. Do you need a stick to strap across your back so they can’t swallow you !

Truly a work of Art in the tradition of Otzi

Actually, the amazing part of this story is the bolt head

Enrique from Massey's in South Texas made this bolt head by hand, which is why it's a one-off

This project has been in the works for a while, at this point, wow he did an awesome job.

Hand made, using mainly a file,
    Enrique is a good dude!!! Talked to him in Georgia and he is an old-time gunsmith who knows what files, stones, lapping compound and hand-work are all about. Not to poo-poo CNC work. But at some level, the masters still work by hand.

The smile on his face when he held a Purdey for the first time.

enrique.jpg

Glad you guys are doing some projects! Because I want to find 'something' to keep Enrique busy. Just haven't figured out what yet!

Great photos, HMFWIC!

Sirhr

No...

Maybe somewhere but not here, plus the only woman hanging around right now would laugh at me if I gave her a Valkyrie :ROFLMAO:

Just speaking in general terms, my Daughter is in LA and rides horses, which is expensive enough, she isn't getting a rifle beyond the ones she already has...

Reactions: Average guy
    I was lucky as the machinist that did most of Federal’s test barrels for Valkyrie development is local for me.

Reactions: GlockandRoll
    Frank you srsly have me considering a .224 valkyrie bolt gun now... thanks a lot.:rolleyes:

Yes,

it will be my second one, and in fact, I know others using them in class and had students buy them so they are ordering more

The ammo is available, the ballistics are not an issue at all, better than most in many cases, the barrel life, hello.

No recoil, ammo on the shelf, what is the issue... you're swayed by the bullshit because a few assholes couldn't shoot a gas gun and bailed...

When everyone said the Valkyrie doesn't work, I did this in a Match:
    IMG_20180830_132340.jpg

I am changing an Accuracy International Bolt into an 6.8 so I can shoot Valkyrie ammo out of my AIs...

I don;t care what the haters say because I can prove everyone of them ignorant

Fuck the Haters, I got my Shit together and know what I want
    IMG_0013.JPG

Yes,

it will be my second one, and in fact, I know others using them in class and had students buy them so they are ordering more

The ammo is available, the ballistics are not an issue at all, better than most in many cases, the barrel life, hello.

No recoil, ammo on the shelf, what is the issue... you're swayed by the bullshit because a few assholes couldn't shoot a gas gun and bailed...

When everyone said the Valkyrie doesn't work, I did this in a Match:
    View attachment 7824735

I am changing an Accuracy International Bolt into an 6.8 so I can shoot Valkyrie ammo out of my AIs...

I don;t care what the haters say because I can prove everyone of them ignorant

Fuck the Haters, I got my Shit together and know what I want
    View attachment 7824738
    Damn dude, are those your legs or are you riding a chicken.
    You shouldn't be wearing white shoes yet, it's not after Easter - Fashion Faux Pas

• Haha
    Reactions: r.tenorio671